Verified Reviewer

Hi Team,

I need someone to please schedule the installation of my washer dryer this week as it was supposed to be done today but the person who scheduled my order did not do it properly.

I have had easily the worst experience with your customer service in the process of buying this washer dryer. I signed up for the best buy credit card last week and had to use the chat option to make the purchase as I had not received my card number.

Apparently when the person scheduled the delivery they did not select to schedule the installation or something. Now because they didnt select some button for installation on the day of purchase it means I cannot get it installed at all despite me paying $199 for the total tech so that it would be installed. After the delivery this morning which was also an awful experience, I contacted the chat now and they told me they could not help me and I would need to go into a store and they could schedule the installation for me. So I went into the Mount Vernon store thinking it would be a simple process to schedule the installation only to be berated by the most difficult and rude person I have ever met in customer service his name is Michael and apparently he is the manager of appliances and reports to a Erin who told him they could not solve my problem.

During our interaction he told me that he was doing me a favor by helping me (even though he was no help) because I bought the product online and therefore I wasnt eligible for in store help. Yet I was told by the people online to go in to the store because they could not help me and I have the screenshots of the conversation to prove it. SO after being treated like a second class citizen because I am not from here they basically yelled at me out of the store with the help of a colleague who had no idea what he was saying. All because he told me to call someone and get help from them because he wouldnt help me.

Now when I told the person on the phone they couldnt help me I got yelled at by the people in the store for "lying" because apparently thats not what the store person said, yet they still stood by the fact that they wouldnt help me which makes zero sense. If they wouldnt help me then why was it such an issue that I tell the person on the phone that the store could not help with my request. I have now been waiting for a call back from Best Buy call center for an hour with no response from the online chat either. Why am I paying $199 for better customer service only to not get any answers from anyone?

it seems like a bit of a scam

I am very upset with the way I was treated in the store as I have never been spoken to that way before and I am very hurt by the way I was treated.

So now I am stuck with a washer/dryer that I cannot use because no one will come out and install it because no one selected the installation button at checkout. So please tell me how this can be resolved ASAP as this has been going on for too long and I have spent the day speaking to numerous people in different locations now.

Not to mention I now have to clean up after the delivery guys who left a mess all over my house.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Location: 555 East Sandford Boulevard, Mount Vernon, NY 10550