Best buy reward zone - redeem $5 - A nightmare!!

1.9
I came to a store besides Costco to buy a blue ray cd and I had my rewards card and an email that show that I have the $5 certificate...they have no way to help me get it unless I have to log in and show them the barcode for it or reprint it for them before getting there... WHAT??? This is the most ridiculous way to do it, if I have my rewards zone points card on me they should be able to help me and I show them an email from them that I have it and they make me feel so ***... BEST BUY... REALLY???!!! NOT! ANGRY CUSTOMER!
Best Buy Rewards Program
Problems with payment

Update by user Dec 19, 2016

BestBuy contacted me, and offered me a free screen protector, which they installed. Also they offered me an iPhone 6s case of my choice (up to $50 value), which was just delivered in the mail.

Original review posted by user Dec 10, 2016

Saw that BestBuy has iphone6s w 128 gb for $30, so I call the Dundas St...
Resolved
Best Buy Customer Care
Order processing issue

4 Year Warranty Expiry | Best Buy review from Toronto, Ontario

I purchased my Macbook back in 2010 with a four year warranty expected to expire in Sept 2014. A couple of days before expiry I thought I'd bring in my macbook for a final check to make sure everything was working adequately which to my knowledge I new there was an issue w/ the battery. The associate who assisted me in a manner of dis-interest and seemed to give me cold one-word answers or short-form answers to the questions I had regarding my warranty asked me,"Is it okay if we delete everything off of the computer?" I responded, only if he had to but I would prefer they not because I needed many of the info saved on there. He said to me that they would have to and when I asked him about the "Backup" line one the service application sheet in which he wrote, "no" I told him, "I see here that you have a choice to back up the info on the computer, so I would rather you change that no to a yes" and he said that they didnt have a choice to do so. It was also explained to me that it would take 5-10 business days to have my macbook checked, diagnosed, fixed, and returned back to me. This was FALSE. It took 2 weeks and 2 days to get it back and after the first week was when I got a call on what would be covered under my warranty and what was not and would then incurr additional fees (key word:"estimated" at $250) I refused the additional fixes and just asked that they fix my computer asap as I desparately needed it for school and was falling behind. He was unable to give me a ststus update on the services being done to the computer and its arrival time. Upon retrieving my macbook, EVERYTHING was deleted. Including my Microsoft office that I had paid over $200 for back in 2010 and could not find the original disc used to re-download it. I lost imperative information due to this service loss and now am experiencing a lot of difficulty in moving on in certain prior obligations and responsibilities. Pretty much I felt the backup could have be done since it was an option of yes or no, in which the asssociate wrote no. and they could have did their due dillengence in the part of excellent customer service by thoroughly explaining what pieces of info and/ or softwware would be deleted, as someone who is not that tech savvy, it had completely slipped my mind that microsoft word was not apart of the apple softwares and would therefore not remain. I spent more money and wasted plenty of time due to their laziness and time discrepancies. Best buy does not even offer and option to purchase extended warranty which is crazy for a computer that is suppose to apparently last my a lifetime..And what was worse was when I was asked to fill out a survey to review my latest service experience. The first question asked me if I had recently received service from a best buy location I was unaware of or never heard of and different from the location (dufferin-wilson) I had originally went in for my service; so I answered I don't know (because I didnt know where they shipped my computer to for repair, and yes I was informed that the repair would be done at another location that supplies mac parts). Following my Input the survey ended. I was unable to give my interpretation of my last service for whatever reason. I am incredibly upset with the negligence of the Geek Squad at Best Buy and hope that this review will encourage more training and development for the employees in regard to customer service as well as efficiency improvements on work practices and knowledge of services. Best buy needs to offer useful perks for its consumer, more specifically extended warranty, that way I could have waited for a break at school to hand in my macbook instead of falling behind classes because I was lied to about how long it would take to receive my macbook back.

take this as a lesson. Purchase a 2tb external usb backup.

They are inexpensive, and a great way to backup your laptop.

They should be able to hold several 'full' backups. there is absolutely no excuse for loosing data.

ramjet

Basically you're saying you hadn't backed up any of your information. Don't blame Best Buy. You are always responsible for your own backups.

View more comments (1)
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Geek Squad as well as sales representatives are so so so Bad and Liars, unfortunately!!! | Best Buy review from Toronto, Ontario

Geek Squad as well as sales representatives are so so so Bad and Liars, unfortunately!!! I bought a laptop couples of months ago as an open box but it was a pretty new and they gave me $30 off on it. At the beginning when they tried to start the machine up, it was very slow and not working probably. So the sale representative offer to me to restore the machine and optimize it for me for free in order to convince me to buy it. I agreed since I know this type of enhancement costs $100. I pick the laptop up couple of days later. when I went home I put the battery on the power for couple of hours. I switch on and it was amazing full of speed and super enhanced. I installed all the software programs that I need, including Matlab and others, which cost me a lot of money. Later, when I feel the battery is full, I got the plug out. Disaster happened, the Laptop shut down!!! %100 I will not exchange my laptop after I spent hours installing the software. I had a project to finish at the end of last term ( November and December). I know, I have one year warranty for anything happen to the machine, I decided to postpone the visit later during any time in the year to do a visit to very bad and non-understandable people working in Geek squad and Best buy sales representatives! It will be my last time purchasing from this shop!!! I cannot believe the guy who optimize the machines was not a ware about the broken battery in the first spot!!!! That is too bad
Best Buy Sales Representative

STAY AWAY FROM BEST BUY CANADA

I had the bad luck to became client of Best Buy Canada when on October 2011 I bought 3 iphones from them and also contracted the maintenance service for the three phones. They didn't tell me there is no way out of this contract even if your phone is stolen or upgraded to a newer one by the operator. If you have to maintain the service you have to buy the phone from them. And the callcenter service is awful they keep you back and forth with agents and at least you have to wait 20 minutes to talk with the right one, and finally no solutions are provided. Even if you escalate to senior levels. Please don't buy any cell phone here and don't even think in buy the maintenance service. Do yourself a favor: stay away from Best Buy Canada.

BEST BUY BS Insurance Scam

Whatever you do don't fall for Best Buys Phone Plan Insurance scam.. Worry Free for $ 12.00 bucks a mouth.. ya worry free for Best Buy drawing on my Visa for 36 months.. the plan cost more than the BlackBerry and to boot.. if your Black Berry is anything like the 1000 that randomly turn off and on.. drop calls.. randomly... sticking keys.. etc.. BB owners know the drill... Don't rely on BEST BUY to honour the insurance unless.. A your phone fails within 14 days... REALLY !! or B.. you manage to waste your time at Best Buy playing with your phone until you can "Replicate the Problem" witnessed by the Best Buy Staff.. "REALLY REALLY"... I ended up taking the phone to Fido who sent it out for testing.. gave me a loner for free and repaired the problem at their expense. So Buyer beware.. this is a clever scam... FD.. Vaughan

So they did exactly what you wanted them to do and yet you are still whining and *** about it.... How dare they give you a loaner phone for free and fix the issue at their expense!

I hate when the store takes care of me. Grow up, you selfish child.

FIRST off, in OP's defense, the plan *could* have had sales tax on it.. However, I'm gonna go ahead and call bull on the fact that he paid for it for 36 months.

Monthly Billed cell phone protection plans bill for TWENTY THREE MONTHS only. Don't believe me?

Purchase one and check your reciept! :eek

PeopleNeedToRead, first off I don't believe Anonymous went to scope out the price before he posted. Why would he?

Secondly, alot of people experienced rude sales people at Best Buy everywhere including me. You sound a little rough around the edges too. Google "complaint Best Buy" and you'd be surprised.

Everyone knows somebody who had a bad experience at Best Buy. Change that attitude, Dude!

I'M RIGHT!!!

Best Buy employees do post here. How else would Anonymous know the plan ls $9.99/mo?

They are just as rude here as they are in the store. Gee that makes me want to run out to BB and buy a phone right now.

@A-not-a-mouse

Wow... People are dumb.

First off, I'll tell you right now, I'm a Best Buy employee and deal with people day in and day out. If there is a problem, we fix it. If you're a little out of policy, we'll return it or exchange it. And A-not-a-mouse, you can go right on BestBuy.com and see that the monthly service plan for phones are $9.99 a month (it's no secret).

And of course we have to verify the problem before we can send it out because if we don't, our service center will actually charge the store for looking at it, and in turn we have to charge the customer more money which we certainly don't want to do. I'm really sick and tired of the ignorant people who post on here about stuff that's mainly their fault (yes, some situations it seems as though the particular Best Buy store could have handled the issue better).

All the terms and conditions are right on the back of the receipt, easily found on the website, and emailed to you when you purchase a protection plan. It absolutely astonishes me at how people are today....

First off the plan is $9.99 / mo so you are special in the fact you can't do math right and other than you shattering and destroying the phone it would have been exchanged within the return policy. Ignorant people like you make me glad I have another career path in life now

View more comments (5)

Price matching | Best Buy review from Toronto, Ontario

More like DOOSHBAGS, but they changed it to 'Best Buy' for marketing reasons. I called them on the price matching; DVD was $14 but $10 at Wal-mart. they would not honour it. they said it had to be verified that the price was $10 AND that the item was actually in stock at the competing store. ROACHES ! why did we even let them into Canada? we already had FutureShop. bottom line: DON'T GIVE THESE CLOWNS YOUR MONEY ! GO TO WAL-MART ! (this store was located in Richmond Hill, right next to the Wal-Mart.. avoid like the plague !).
Patrick

wow.. you think you can just call Best Buy and tell them a price and they're supposed to just take your word for it?

I guess I'll look at a $1000 flat screen TV and hopefully they'll take my word for it that it's only $800 at Walmart. *** ***.

I'm sure Best Buy is devastated they won't be getting any more of your business. You're Wal-Mart's problem now.

futureshop and bestbuy are the same company. Their policy on pricematching is clearly detailed on their website. you're ignorant for not doing your research.

View more comments (2)

Play station | Best Buy review from Toronto, Ontario

bought a play station and when i bought it home, the machine did not match the box and the call of duty was missing. I try to return this for an exchange but they refused. Instead, i got humilated by managers and employees. I learn my lesson, i will make sure to check the inside box before any purchase. I called Sony and was told the machine did not match the box that came with it. The serial number of the machine did not match my receipt. I am never going to shop at best buy and i am pissed.

So you tried the ol' switcheroo and failed? Well, too bad.

Loss

I WANT MY MONEY BACK FROM BEST BUY!

I bought a set of headphones/ mic from Best Buy. The sales person insisted the pair I bought was a great choice, and told me it came with a 1 year warrenty. They didn't work, so I went back and exchanged them for another pair...again they didn't work. Upon bring them back yet again, the sales person convinced me that maybe it was just THAT particular model may have issues, and suggested another model that only cost a few dollars more. She seemed convinced it was a good choice, so I went ahead, confident in my purchase. Once again...they did not work. Being the last straw for me, I requested my money back since I WAS COVERED UNDER A 1 YEAR WARRENTY, AND IT HAS ONLY BEEN 1DAY. They are refusing to give me my money, and are trying to force a gift card down my throat. I DON'T EVER WANT TO SHOP THERE EVER AGAIN. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I PURCHASED THE MACBOOK PRO 2015 FROM BEST BUY AT 65 DUNDAS ST W, WITH THE EXTENDED WARRANTEE $499.00 FOR 4YRS INSURANCE PLAN. THIS COMPUTER COST ME ALMOST $3,000.00.

THE NEXT DAY I CALLED TO GET HELP FROM THEM WHICH IS THE GEEKSQUAD TEAM THEY SAID I DIDNT BUY THE SERVCE FROM THEM WHICH WILL BE AN OTHER COST FOR ME TO GET THE SERVICE FOR EACH TIME. MEANTIME THE PRODUCT STILL UNDER 1YR WARRANTEE.

THEREFOR, I THINK BEST BUY NOT REPRESENTING THE SERVCE FOR THE CLIENTS. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED.

Patrick

ugh you're an ***. it's a 1 year warranty through THE MANUFACTURER OF THE HEADPHONES, NOT BEST BUY YOU *** ***.

do you see a little factory in the back of Best Buy where they make products? didn't think so j*ckass.

John N

I think Simon is correct. Here is how you use headphones: open package.

Insert little itty-bitty plug into hole in device. Pull earphones over head, making sure padding covers your ear, not your nose, as I suspect you were doing initially. Turn of device. Listen to Sesame Street as usual.

If any problems for here on out, just call your mommy. She will fix all problems.

So after 3 sets of headphones, you couldn't get a single one to work? Really? Are you sure you know how to use headphones?

View more comments (3)

Compare Best Buy vs Walmart

Latest Question

Best Buy Questions

Best Buy

Decided to purchase an ipad 2 3G while in the US, and went to the Best Buy in Baltimore. I was worried about the name, "ipad 2 Verizon", so I asked if it would work in Canada--was assured that it would! I cannot buy a dataplan for this device in Canada, and now there is no way to refund the $800 spent on this purchase!! I tried exchanging it at Best Buy in Canada, but apparently they are not linked to the US??? I tried calling the US customer service, but they will do nothing for me. I am not impressed. I will not buy anything from this store again.

Pressured? Don't you have enough balls to say no to a Best Buy salesman? Oh yeah, you're Canadian, so you don't have any balls at all.

I am unequivocally not impressed.

Unfortunately I didn't come across the verizon model in my quick look to see if the ipad2 worked in Canada. I read that the AT&T model works fine.

I was pressured into making this purchase by the salesperson, who should have told the truth, or said that he didn't know. I am equally not impressed.

Yeah, they should give you $800 for your used Ipad because you're too dumb to buy an Ipad in Canada that you want Canadian data service for.

I am not impressed.