I own an LG counterdepth refrigerator that is 18 months old with a three year Geek Squad Warranty. On August 2nd I opened my freezer to find that all of my food was defrosted and all the food in the refrigerator was warm.

The refrigerator temperature was on 50 Degrees instead of 37 degrees and the freezer was warmed to 20 degrees instead of 0 degrees. I called Geek Squad to come and fix it but was told I could not get an appointment until August 8th. Little did I know that I was being set up with a third party called Va Electronics. I received confirmation from Best Buy telling me that the appointment was set and to be home that day.

I decided to call Va Electronics to check on the appointment but they had no record of it. They told me to call back Best Buy which had the appointment scheduled in their system. They decided to set up another appointment with a geek squad technician for Monday August 12th. I am now without a refrigerator for 10 days.

On Monday a geek squad tech came out only to tell me that the refrigerator had to be fixed by a certified technician and he was not certified. Why did they send him out? He proceeded to make another appointment with Va Electronics for August 15 th and at the same time he tried to get them to give me a loaner refrigerator and their response was it would take three to five days. On August 14 th I called to check on the appointment and again they had no record of an appointment being made for the 15th.

I received an e- mail again from Best Buy saying they were coming out the 15th. I decided to go to the Best store and talk to a manager. They managed to get an appointment for Friday the 16th. At that time I bought a small refrigerator.

They wouldn’t even let me borrow one. I then came home and called the Chief Customer and Marketing Officer in Minnesota. I explained everything to him. He told me he would look into the matter and to see what he could do for me.

It is now the end of the day on August 14th and I haven’t heard a word from anyone. I then decided that I better check the appointment for August 16th. At first they could not find the appointment but then found it. The order was to repair a Kitchen Aid refrigerator.

WHAT!!!! I have an LG refrigerator. By this time I am beside myself. I went home to call the Chief Customer and Marketing officer again.

I just got a voice mail. Then I received a confirmation e-mail from Best Buy and recorded phone message telling me they will see me on the 15th. UGH! There is no appointment on the 15th!!!!

I suspect that when they come on the 16th that they may have to order parts. How long will I have to wait again having a broken refrigerator?

I am at a total loss as to why this is happening.

I have a warranty. No one from Best Buy has checked to see if my refrigerator was fixed considering I have had all these problems with appointments.I can get no one to solve this problem.

I don’t know how a company like this stays in business treating their customers this way!

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Preferred solution: Fix my refrigerator or order me a new one .

Best Buy Cons: Selling crappy warranty, Having my time wasted, False information on website.

Comments