2.0

A scheduled appliance delivery was not executed as promised. I get that things happen.

However, when I called the local store to fix the problem and get some answers I was given a hearty helping of I don't know and that I needed to contact Best Buy customer service. They in turn also said that they were unsure about what happened, could see the error but did not know how it happened and that a "third party" was responsible. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was transferred back to the local store. I asked the local store representative for the district manager's phone number and was told that the district manager did not have a phone number.

I then tried corporate customer service again and learned the third party is the installation group (not affiliated with Best Buy). Apparently, when you contract and schedule with Best Buy they kick it over to a third party installation group and at that point your order is in the hands of someone you'll never meet or want to meet. That group, referred to as "cowboys" by Best Buy Staff, scheduled my delivery at their convenience. Best Buy customer service says that they have no control over the group and that I should contact the local store.

I asked them if there was supervision available to speak with, aside from the local store, and was told "no". As yet the problem is not fixed, I could go on and on with a bunch of details but the problem seems clear to me. Best Buy is not good at fixing complex problems because the people most capable are missing and not willing to be found.

If your problem is beyond routine, the public facing frontline is glad to hear your complaint but ill equipped to do much more. Buyer beware.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Pros: Great pricing.

Best Buy Cons: Promises not kept, Poor supervision, Poor customer service, Poor problem resolution capability.

Comments