Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Bought a new washer and dryer on bestbuy.com The crew came to install on a Saturday morning but called me to tell me they could not finish the installation because one of the hoses into my water line would not budge. The problem is: They were able to detach ONE of the hoses, but never reattached it...and it was leaking. Over the course of the next 12 hours before I got home and noticed it, I had over $500 of damage to my paint job, drywall, floor boards, and hardwood floors.

Called Best Buy to complain. No empathy. They referred me to their liability insurance company. Called and left 2 voice messages a day for three days. After not getting a reply, called Best Buy back again. Spoke with a supervisor who said there was NOTHING THEY COULD DO and IT'S NOT THEIR PROBLEM because the liability insurance needs to take care of it. After calling them non-stop until someone finally answered, they said that Best Buy actually sub-contracted the installation to a local installer and THEY were responsible.

How many *** people do I have to deal with to get some help. I STILL don't have a working washer and dryer after spending $1300+ with Best Buy and incurring $500+ damage to my home.

WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED. No accountability on their part at all, and NO EMPATHY, just finger pointing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Installation.

Best Buy Cons: Poor customer service, Worst customer service.

Comments

Jonerik

Sorry you may think it's finger pointing but it is true. If Best Buy hired a third party delivery service to install the washer it is the delivery service/their insurance who needs to reimburse you. That is how insurance and the law works.

@Jonerik

I don't think you understand the law of agency. You probably shouldn't be giving anyone legal advice.

Jonerik
@Anonymous

I understand Law of Agency just fine, however that does not mean that this applies since it is simply a legal principal and would vary on state laws. Given that I have worked with nationwide furniture deliveries and installers the standard is to have everything go through the contractor's insurance.

We the furniture company never dealt with the insurance claims.

So just because I don't mention it doesn't mean I don't understand it or know about it, it just likely doesn't apply given previous experience in this area. Also given it's a legal principal it would be up to a judge to decide if this applies to a specific case.

Another satisfied Best Buy customer.

Best Buy Reviews