Manheim, Pennsylvania

I originally purchased a Sony Bravia Television model KDL46W5100 on 12/3/09 at the Lancaster, PA Best Buy. The TV came as package with a Playstation 3 and a game and movie The purchase just by itself was a nightmare, I called in to the store earlier that day and was told they would put everything on hold for me, so I could pick everything up after work. When I arrived I went to the customer service desk and told them I had a TV package waiting for me, they looked at me like I was a ghost and said they had no idea what I was talking about. Over an hour later of getting pushed to different employees and departments, I was told they did not have any more in stock, but then after complaining about the situation they "magically found one" and I was finally able to purchase the package. I received no apology from anyone for the delay, mix up or the complete waste of my time.

The TV worked great for a little more than two weeks and then started turning itself on and off every few minutes. So I called the Lancaster Best Buy after waiting through ten minutes of just listening to a phone ring waiting for someone to pick it up. The employee that answered(who I later realized completely lied to me just to get me off the phone) told me that my model TV was not in now, but that it would be in the next few days and I could exchange it then. So I waited for two days without being able to enjoy my recent purchase. In the meantime I called the Black Tie protection plan I purchased with the TV and the representative I spoke with informed me this was very rare and he thought I was given a floor model. Which makes perfect sense due to them telling they were out and then magically finding one in the back.

When I attempted to call back into Lancaster I again waited for over ten minutes before anyone decided they wanted to answer the phone, I informed the employee of the situation and he said they are backordered on my model TV and have no idea when they would get more in. Starting to get upset I asked to speak to a manager about the situation and I was transferred to the home theater section, which of course came with another very long wait!! When someone finally answered I asked again for a manager only to get put back on hold again. My timer on my phone was at almost thirty minutes by now!! I finally got a customer service manager named Ray Dremoved per forum guidelines I say his name because his service and complete lack of help or respect for me or the situation have completely turned me off from ever going back to the Lancaster Best Buy again. I admit I was upset when I finally got to him, but rightfully so, there is no reason someone should get the run around trying to exchange a two week old defective product. I told him the customer service in his store is horrible, and no one should have to wait that long to speak to someone and that I have been on the phone for almost half an hour now. Ray gave no apology and simply said they are just too busy right now. (It makes me wonder what kind of company he is hoping to run and model to his fellow employees when you have no time for customers, who kind of are the reason a retail store is even able to be in business). I told Ray my situation and he said that because there are no more TV's left I would have to wait for more to come in or just return it and there is nothing he can do right now. I told him that it's unacceptable to have a broken TV after two weeks and for you guys to not help is ridiculous, I should be receiving a comparable model to fix the situation. We went back and forth over the matter only for Ray to tell me I was being "hostile" and to complain to 1-888-Best-Buy. I never once swore or threatened him so calling me hostile is a joke. At this point I asked to speak the GM, however Ray refused to transfer me or give me the full name of his GM only telling me he goes by Steve. I asked Ray what is your last name because I'm calling back in for your GM to tell him how you have treated me, he refused of course again and said that I needed to take my complaints to 1-888-Best-Buy and that the call was over.

I called 1-888-Best-Buy and lodged a complaint with the customer relations department. The representative called the store back(which must of took her awhile to get someone to answer the phone there, because it was a very long wait until she got back to me). Once she finally got a hold of Ray we were on a three way call where he offered me a lower model TV (Ray offered me a V series and have the W series) BUT he wanted me to pay $100 for the exchange. I become very upset for two reasons. First off I told him that the TV he is offering me is lower end model than what I originally purchased. Ray however, tried to lie and say it wasn't, before I told I'm on the Best Buy website right now and it says so right here. Ray still being the non helpful "manager" he is would not offer anything else or even a simple apology for the his actions towards me, trying to lie to me, or situation I was in. I told him I'm not looking to take advantage of the situation and get a higher model TV for free but I want something comparable. He finally offered another series TV but wanted $300 for the difference stating he was giving me a deal. I told him this was ridiculous, I didn't break the TV and I was given a defective product. Since you don't have any more of the same TV you should be taking care me of and fixing the situation instead trying to get me to pay even more money to fix your problem. Ray didn't budge and basically said it was either buy the other TV, wait till a new one comes in, or just return it. Ray said he would try to check stock with other stores to see what he could find and call me back in a couple minutes. He called back and found nothing but would not replace the TV unless I put out more money. I realize there are differences in prices with different TV's however a customer should not be told you have to wait until who knows when to get a new replacement or shell out more money to fix the defective product we gave you and apparently don't even stand by. At this point any credibility Ray had with me was completely out the window now, after him trying to lie to me and basically saying either return everything or wait for however long to get a new one.

I tried to call Ray the next day only to again wait for someone to pick it up. After about ten minutes of just ringing I decided to call another location. I called the York, PA Best Buy and guess what, they picked right up right away. The associate was very helpful and transferred me to a manager right away. The manager I spoke to this time was Jeff Gremoved per forum guidelines and he was the one of the most helpful and friendliest managers I have ever met. After explaining the situation to him, he apologized repeatedly (something Ray never once did, he just refused to help) and told me he would do whatever he could to fix the situation and take care of me. Jeff informed me the only model TV he had left in stock in the Bravia 5100 series was a Z series the highest model they in that series. Instead of telling me I needed to pay a couple hundred dollars for the difference to exchange their defective product he instead said he would do everything for only $50. I was shocked at first because the customer care I received with Ray had turned me had all but completely turned me off from Best Buy all together. Jeff however just said he wanted to take care of me as a customer and fix the situation. So long story short I was able to exchange the defective TV for a new one , and I was sure this one was not a floor model! The associates Angel and Janelle in customer service were extremely helpful and did the exchange with no problem. One of the other associates who I won't name asked me about the TV and what had happened, after telling him about Ray Dremoved per forum guidelines, he informed there have been a lot of complaints about him from other customers and fellow associates. This was a relief to me to know that I was not the only one, but also sad that more customers have been treated so poorly by Ray.

I live in Lancaster if you didn't guess, however I will only go to the York location which is out of the way, but at least I will be treated fairly and taken care of, I will never step foot in the Lancaster location again. The GM can thank him for losing my business as well as hurting their reputation. A company's best form of advertising is word of mouth and let me just say I have and will continue to tell everyone I know about how bad the service was at the Lancaster location and how rude and disrespectful Ray Dremoved per forum guidelines was. The service I received in York however was amazing, especially the service from Jeff Gremoved per forum guidelines and he kept from returning everything and never shopping at a Best Buy again. Jeff went above and beyond and for that I am extremely thankful

Comments

Always remember that you have a 30 day return/exchange period at Bestbuy, and it can be handled at any of their stores.

It's also very likely they'll run out of promotional TV like your Sony, because everyone seems to want one. They don't make them in the stores or at the warehouse, and when that happens you have to look for alternative ways to solve a problem like yours. They also just don't store extra boxes and packing material just in case they need to sell a display TV, and to sell a used on as new is illegal.

Maybe the better way would have been to return the whole deal?

It's been my experience that the vast majority of Best Buy salespeople will go to great lengths to take care of you. I have absolutly no electronics experience and feel very overwhelmed when going into any electronics store, but every time I go into a Best Buy store (4 near my home), I have been treated with great care and respect- they never talk down to me and make sure I am following their conversations.

I came here to complain about my microwave oven and the difficult way it operates and now feel I may just need some "tutoring" on how to work it. Seems like a lot of these posts are from folks with a "chip" on their shoulder and would not be happy at ANY retailer..

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MISERABLE SALESPERSONS NAME. DEMAND THEIR CARD.

GO TO ANOTHER STAFF PERSON TO GET THE NAME OF THE OFFENDER IF YOU MUST. TAKE NOTE OF WHAT OTHER STAFF HAVE WITNESSED WHAT HE HAS SAID/DONE. Go straight to management and beyond. DO NOT STOP.

DO NOT BE BRUSHED OFF. TELL THEM EXACTLY HOW ANGRY YOU ARE. Go RIGHT TO THE TOP AND HAVE THE JERKS JOB. THEY DESERVE TO BE FIRED OR THEY WILL KEEP ABUSING PEOPLE AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT AFTER.

I do that whenever I am mistreated by salespeople or customer service staff anywhere and I get results. BE A PITT BULL. BE RELENTLESS. REPORT THEM TO ANY CONSUMER CENTER AND ALL OVER THE NET.

If you did nothing wrong and are treated like dirt, go for the jugular and have the *** fired. Make sure you let everyone you deal with know you will report the TRUTH to family, friends, co-workers and the internet. If it's a SERIOUS ISSUE like you have been cheated financially, TELL THEM YOU ARE GOING TO THE MEDIA AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND MAKE SURE YOU DO IT. It is the only way to get rid of scummy salesmen who lie, abuse and and treat customers like trash thinking they can get away with it.

DO IT A FEW TIMES AND YOU WILL FEEL CONFIDENT EXPECTING THE BEST TREATMENT THAT EVERY CUSTOMER DESERVES. VOTE WITH YOUR $$$ AND BOYCOTT ANY BUSINESS THAT ABUSES OR CHEATS THE CONSUMERS. PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS.

***I WILL ONLY SUGGEST THIS IF YOU DID NOT START UP TROUBLE OR ACT BADLY YOURSELF.

THIS IS NOT A WAY FOR A MISERABLE CUSTOMER TO GET REVENGE. IT'S FOR THE POLITE, HONEST, DECENT CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN ABUSED ONLY.***

I HATE BEST BUY. I almost cried when Circuit City went out of business.

Best Buy Reviews