Bought $2600 worth of TV and other paraphernalia in early February with a delivery date of 4 March. That gave me time to order the rest of my surround sound components from Crutchfield, where I should have bought the TV from as well! But didn't. In 3 days Crutchfield...
Best Buy Customer Care
Cons
  • Attitude of phone support
  • No service after the sale
Poor customer service
Tags
  • Best Buy Customer Service
Greece,NY best buy is the worst as their cell phone sales are scammers and want to get you into an $80 per month plan after leading you on.. They even tell you to go ATT or Verizon and get your account number and bring it back.. Go *** yourself in the parking lot -you...

What is even happening in this review? You sound like you need to see a doctor ASAP

Review
Cons
  • Service issues not resolved
  • False advertising
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy Misleading Appliances Bundle Sale for Labor Day

My husband went to a Best Buy store in Greece, NY to looking for some appliances. After waiting for more than 20 minutes, he approached a store sales person who told him about their bundle sale. She said that if he bought 3 appliances together, they were going to deduct 30 % of the price on the tag and an additional 10% if he applied for a store credit card. It sounded like a very good deal! Since we have been shopping around for a stove, refrigerator and a dishwasher, right after work, we both headed to the store. There was another sales person who offered assistance. To make this nightmare story short, after spending two hours choosing the appliances that we liked, negotiating coverage and applying for the credit card, the total amount did not reflect the 30% nor the 10% we had been offered and that it was advertised. When we asked for clarification, even the sales person looked puzzled and said "you are right, let me speak with the manager." After a while he came back to communicate to us that the actual price tag already reflected the 30% reduction. We then questioned the "bundle sale advertisement." If the prices already reflected the deduction there was not benefit on buying more than one item at the same time. We left the store very frustrated and decided to complaint about this and report this fraudulent false advertisement to the better business bureau so they can advise other consumers. We are certain that many people may already have been mislead by these kinds of advertisements. This needs to stop. If it looks too good to be true, it is not true. It is a scam!
False advertisement
Preferred solution
Stop false advertisement and provide training for your sales people so they can provide accurate information for customers to avoid wasting their time.

Customer service is dead at Best Buy

I was trying to purchase a PS4 and a TV on line at Best Buy for in store pick. During the on line purchase process the only option is to pick up within 8 days. This gift is for a college student, flying back to school in 16 days. I was asking for an exception to the 8 day pick up. Sounds easy, right? Here is what I tried: 1. On line chat. "Sai" just restated the policy of picking up before the 8th day 2. Called the local store at St. Matthew's Mall, Louisville, KY and got Sam in customer service who restated said policy of store pick up within 8 days. When I asked for an exception he told me that "the on line order process has changed and is completely out of their control". He also gave me a 1-800 number 3. I called the 1-800 number and spoke to Charlene. She understood my predicament and let me know that the store manager could make an exception to let a game system and TV sit in the store for an extra 8 days so that my college student could pick up his Christmas gifts when he returned. Charlene also suggested placing the order later so as to avoid the 8 day policy. Not an option as I want to make sure my selections are in stock. 4. I called the St. Matthew store in Louisville, KY for a 2nd time and again got Sam. I asked to speak to a manager and got Melissa. While I was on hold Sam filled Melissa in on my unreasonable request so she was prepared to support Sam's original response and refer me to the 1-800 number. I shared with her that I already called and was told the store manager could make the exception. She was unwilling to make a note to hold my son's Christmas gifts in her local store for 8 days. I worked harder at trying to do business with BestBuy than all of these employees combined today. I also make a prediction that they will quickly go the way of Circuit City. When all your employees are capable of is restating company policy and not thinking about customer needs and solutions, your days are numbered.

People like you really annoy me. What makes you think that you should get some special treatment?

How many thousands of people do you think order at Best Buy daily? If they make an exception for you, why shouldn't they make an exception for every customer? I really HATE people like you. You ONLY THINK OF YOURSELVES.

Put yourself in the employees shoes. If they say yes to you, they would have to say yes to everyone else. This situation is a lot easier because there is absolutely nothing that can be done to extend the time past 8 days. The 1-*888* number people have no idea of in store policies and feel that if the store manager wanted to they could give you whatever you want.

Why not just order it and go pick it up yourself. Or here's an idea, have it shipped to your son's school so its just there when he arrives. Or were you just too cheap to pay shipping charges. And to be honest with you, the reason why Best Buy HAS and WILL outlast places like Circuit City is because they have a better structure in place and are able to say NO to people like you.

You can't have customers dictate how you run a business, or your business will be run into the ground.

#TRUTH

#782032

The system automatically cancels it after 8 days, there is nothing they can do at the store to override it.

Why not just order it 8 days later?

They would make an exception for me!!! :cry :cry :cry I'm specail!!!

:cry :cry :cry Rules and policies shouldn't apply to me!!! :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Manager

Stock parts | Best Buy review from Rochester, New York

My girlfriend and i bought a samsung laptop approx. 1 month ago and have had nothing but problems with the battery lasting for more than about 20min. Solution? Go back to best buy and get a new one order from the geek squad, twice now!!!!!!!!!!!! Contact customer service and almost 4 weeks later,thier not sure if they can even find one.REALLY!!This is how you do business,you can't back up any of your warranties with something so basic as a battery? Good job boys.What else can i buy from you guys?Is it Best Buy or Bad Buy?
Patrick

hey ***. you bought a Samsung laptop.

Samsung is a company, it's not a logo to make the laptop look pretty.

Best Buy didn't make your laptop. so unless you purchased an extended warranty through Best Buy then you have to go through Samsung.

That is entirely a complaint between you and Samsung. After 14 days it's just you and the manufacturer.

Best Buy does not make the laptops, or the parts. You're lucky that Samsung is the only company to actually warranty their batteries.

View more comments (1)
Review
#320890 Review #320890 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Changed wording to get out of accidental warranty | Best Buy review from Rochester, New York

DO NOT buy products at Best Buy!! They sell you a accidental damage warranty and when you bring your computer in for repair from accidental damage they turn your words around to say that the warranty is void. We paid over $200.00 for the warranty! What a horrible customer service company!!! Then yesterday we went down to Best Buy to pick up the computer and they charged us 34.95 to pick it up!!! Then as we looked over the paperwork found out the Geek Squad guy who entered what had happened to the computer did not type in our word correctly and said we screwed in a screw and that is what voided our warranty, when on the paper work we wrote on we did not write that and that is not what happened. End result they still will not fix the computer, even through it is their mistake! Horrible!!! Customer Service!!! We were also told someone from corporate would call us and they never did!

Negligence voids all warranties.

Scrooge | Best Buy review from Rochester, New York

I think the advertising campaign against Santa is despicable. I will not shop at Best Buy again due to this advertisement. They should be ashamed! If this is the only way that they can sell their inventory they need to rethink their stategy. Have they forgotten how many children watch TV and see these ads? What has happened to the "Christmas Spirit"??? Must have been forgotten along the way! I am glad that no other advertisements have gone in this direction.....Perhaps a statement can be made by purchasing your items elsewhere?? I plan on searching for same items in other stores.
#392050

You do realize Santa doesn't exist right?

Review

Best Buy refuesed my check for no reason

I went to Best Buy to purchase a flat screen tv for my 90 yr. old mother. I tried to pay with a check drawn on a joint acct. for my mother & me. It was denied. There is no legitimate reason for the denial and when I asked the store mgr. for the reason it was denied, he was unable to supply the reason. They have a "machine" at the check out that accepts or denies a check when it is put through it. The mgr. does not have the authority to override the "machine's" decision. So a word of caution. If you go to Best Buy and want to pay by check they may decide they do not want your business and deny payment.

The store I work for is the same way as Best Buy. IF the machine denies a check I have no way of knowing why it does that.

For all we know...you wrote 30 checks that day and your bank finally caught it and said STOP!

Maybe they thought it was stolen? WE just dont KNOW WHY so we cant do anything about it.

We cant wiggle our ears and get it to go through...that is between you and the bank you use.

Its their bank that denies it dumb ***, try balancing a check book once and a while

Alan C

Due to privacy laws, the store personnel will never know why your check was rejected. That is SOP and has been for years at all retailers.

Best Buy contracts with the third party and purchases over a certain limit, usually, $200, are heavily scrutinized.

The parameters are set by BBY corporate Loss Prevention.

Could be many reasons why check was rejected; that does not necessarily mena you have bad credit - BTW, Why wouldn't you then pay on your credit card and your mother/you write the check to reimburse you?

Best Buy uses a third party which checks your credit to see if they can trust accepting a check from you. If you have bad credit, then there is a higher chance of you writing a bad check.

So if your check was rejectd, it is because you have bad credit. Pay your bills.

Most customers are idiots.

I give up. People are just *** ***.

Best Buy (like most places) uses a third party to determine what checks to accept. They have no control over what checks go through.

Checks are not considered legal tender. No private sector business or person is obligated to accept a check as payment. Due to the increased incidence of bad checks, many businesses no longer accept checks from anyone.

View more comments (7)
Review
At the beginning of October, 2010 I purchased a CD player at the Victor NY Best Buy Store. I stood in line for approximately 15 minutes by the time I was taken care of. The cashier ignored me while she was having a long conversation with a customer. I was tired of...

Quit being such a baby. You had to wait in line. Big deal. Get over yourself.

What do you want them to do about your complaint? You've told how many people? They obviously don't consider it a valid complaint (because it isn't).

Go shop at Wal-Mart. No one ever complains about how long their lines are.

Best Buy Manager

2.2
Compare Best Buy vs Walmart

Latest Question

Best Buy Questions

They took my money knowing full well that the TV would never arrive | Best Buy review from Rochester, New York

Ordered (and paid for in full) LG 55 TV on 11/26/2010 with a "fulfillment" date of 12/17/2010. Just for the heck of it I called 12/16/2010 to see when I could pick up TV. After reserving truck and help I was told TV is back ordered with no expected date of arrival. It took me calling them to find out TV was back ordered. Of course my question to them was why didn't anyone call me prior to 12/16/2010, to let me know that I was not getting TV. This company is running a scam!! They get your money (had to pay for TV in full at time of order) and hope that you get a more expensive TV when you find out the TV that was promised is not available and they have the use of your money for FREE for a month or two. This is my last time shopping at bb. I will also share this complaint with the NYS attorney Generals office and as many potential bb customers that I can. STAY AWAY FROM BB!! I will be shopping at Charlotte Appl. from now on. Almost forgot: Kathleen in corporate customer service USELESS! I hope Mr. Dunn gets a copy of this because some serious changes need to be made at bb.

you suck

:cry

Alright, you caught us. This is all a big scam.

Bait and switch in fact. We offer items we have no intention of selling to get you to buy a more expensive TV.

Sorry about that. We are going to revamp our entire business model immediatley because of your complaint.

I had a very similar experience with BB. Paid for TV on 12/13/2010, received an email saying that delivery was confirmed for 12/20.

No TV on 12/20 or communications from BB subsequently -> Very disappointed grandchildren.

Two calls to Customer Service involving much time were completely fruitless but told that I couldn't cancel the order. Am trying to recover my money.

Two calls to Customer Service involving much time were completely fruitless. Am trying to recover my money.

View more comments (3)
Review
#212016 Review #212016 is a subjective opinion of poster.