3.2

Update by user Jan 24, 2015

OK. After trying to talk to someone higher up on the food chain.

I was met with a borderline rude individual. That is what pushed me to post here AND make a complaint to the BBB.

The BBB lit a fire under their bottom. I was called shortly after by BB corporate with...

Those products come from Samsung directly. BBY places the order only if Samsung has inventory.

unfortunately, this is Samsung's issue, not BBY's. Since there are no comparable product to the high end plasma you ordered, you are now going to have to settle for an LED. Try the new Sony 4K! It has a better picture than that 3 year old Samsung you ordered anyway.

And don't respond by saying "plasma's are better". High end LED's have exceeded plasma performance for 2 years!

Panasonic Z series was the last great plasma made. Why do you think all major brands have jumped off the plasma bandwagon?

View more comments
Resolved
Review
Product
Best Buy Gift Card
Pros
  • Competitive prices
Cons
  • Slow to assist
  • Customer service
  • Not enough stock
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

BEST BUY SELLING BROKEN TVS AND WILL NOT RETURN THEM!

On October26, 2012, I purchased on my Master Card, a Samsung 51” Plasma TV at Best Buy store #1538, 1202 New Brunswick Ave, Phillipsburg, NJ 08865 as a gift for my son. When he opened the box on November 24, 2012 after obtaining a new TV stand, the screen was cracked. We returned that day to Best Buy with the TV and spoke to the Manager, Brian Andrews. He stated that he wouldn’t exchange the TV as it was past the 3 day return policy and told me to contact Samsung as it must have been damaged in their warehouse and they should issue me a “R.A” (Return Authorization) and they he would make the exchange. That same day, 11-24, I phoned the main office of Best Buy and Representative Chelsea, stated she would advise corporate of same and call me back. I also phoned Master Card that day to cancel payment but it was already paid, but was told Master Card would dispute the payment. I talked to Samsung and got the process started but they have to review it. I have not had a return call from Samsung at this time. On November 26, 2012, a Best Buy representative returned my call (extension # 54856) and explained that the store manager, Brian, said I did not have the TV with me on the 24th of November. That is a false statement as I had the TV in my vehicle so my son and I could make an exchange and I told that to the Manager and the salesgirl at the register. The TV was and is still in the protective wrap, with a crack in the screen. On November 28, 2012, Samsung had finally got back to me and after talking to three different people, they still insist that Best Buy is responsible to exchange the TV. I was told by a person at Samsung that “Best Buy is famous for damaging merchandise in their warehouse.”

When buying a tv from BB, ALWAYS make them open the box for inspection before you leave the store. Particularly on plasmas.

I've worked at a couple different BBs and at one we did this automatically for all plasmas and larger sized tvs.

As the Samsung rep told you, BB is notorious for damaging products in the warehouse. Especially televisions.

Call Master Card and tell them that you want to file a complaint against Best Buy under the Fair Credt Billing Act of 1966. You have a year to file your complaint.

Ask Master Card about information they need for you to submit. If they just tell you that they are "investigating" then you have no legal standing when they should comeback and say that you did not submit a complaint.

View more comments (1)