Worst experience ever | Best Buy review from Brooklyn, New York

DON'T BUY ANYTHING THERE ! The worst experience ever ! As a wedding gift we bought there 2 tv's. With a statement, they BOTH will be delivered on wednesday, sep 14th. We wanted as soon as possible, and now I'm learning that sales rep didn't mention same day delivery even though we asked either mentioning the waiting can be longer. So we accepted waiting 5 days and I took a day off from work. The day before suspected delivery we were informed, that one of them will be delayed by A MONTH (nobody told us before, and in the internet they're still claiming it takes 2 days for delivery !) and the next day we learned, the delivery company lost our second tv. The second case - I understand that they can lost such a small package as 40" tv , but why the *** I am the one supposed to look for it and be involved in calling delivery company and look for it on my own? I bought at best buy, not with ups, especially that one day they say they found it and will deliver on friday, on monday after we learn, they didn't actually find it. SO, we went for a complain to the store. The only nice thing i can say is about Roz, she is very compassionate and the only one person, who said SORRY, who cared and was willing to help and organized sending another one, so I don't have to wait 8 days for investigation. We wanted to cancel that one month delayed delivery. So there comes another problem. Even though we bought tv on sep 9th, was supposed to be delivered by 14th, today is september 19th and we found out it was not even sent out for delivery yet !! When the *** are they going to do that? In april? The woman who is the manager there, Saffi I belive, started screaming at my mother, that it is in the system to be prepared one day for delivery and she can do nothing about it ! she was screaming like crazy, just like that, repeating two words, system, system and started shouting to my mom - so if you think you can count on polite staff or just store manager saying "sorry" for loosing one tv and delaying another by a month, when you can see the same model lying there on a shelves - forget about it. My mother was never humiliated like that, she started crying after she left. THAT'S how best buy treats customers !! If you hate people for being upset for store mistakes, then you're not supposed to be a manager ! Oh, and we were informed, that lost delivery of my tv was my fault, because it's not best buy or ups ! WTF? That manager was super rude, extremely unpolite and didn't even wanted to help us solve our problem. Not buying even a blender or headphones there anymore.
Problem with delivery
1.6
I went to Best Buy to purchase a TV.I was looking for a 50 inch,but salseman told me he had a great deal on a Lg 55fl6100,the price was $679,and he would through in a speaker system for free.I took the deal,but realized when I got home that he had given me a Lg 555700...
Service
Best Buy Deal
Cons
  • Deceptive advertising
  • Salseman
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Worst customer service I've ever had from a large company | Best Buy review from Brooklyn, New York

1.8
I have called them 7 different times for the same issue. Why 7? They have hung up on me 4 of the 7 times and at least half were rude. I had to reexplain myself for 2 hours over and over again. I was not rude whatsoever, but I did not hold back my feelings on followup calls after being hung up on as it is normal to be frustrated about it. My simple issue was never resolved (it was a return). They lost me forever. I will never go back nor recommend anybody purchase from them. They seriously need to reexamine their entire customer service department.
Review
Cons
  • Horrible customer service
  • Help desk
  • Service issues not resolved
Poor customer service

Best Buy - Samsung Galaxy S4 Review

3.3
I purchased a Samsung galaxy s4 unlocked online 07/04/14 there's an issue with the sound I reported the matter to the relevant personel who then informed me it was an issue for Samsung to handle. I contacted Samsung representatives who then put me onto Bestbuy stating they are the ones responsible as i purchased the phone from them since then the issue hasn't been settled I'm looking into legal procedures as i was informed that I was sold a refurbished phone my receipt however shows the phone advertised as new Customers be ware when buying stuff online at bestbuy especially phones im stuck with a problematic phone and bestbuy has my $$$$$$$$$$
Review

First "Best Buy" bullied, harassed and Blackmailed me until I called the Police to get my repair back, AND then they stole a component IN-STORE!

Update by user Jul 12, 2013

UPDATE: I let Best Buy evaluate the computer at a different store and found they also took a memory chip. I have a record of the meeting word-for-word.

Their follow up response was a direct lie in comparison to the meeting. I have concrete proof. I have hard proof of the specs my computer was sold with including s/n's of each part number in dispute. I have hard proof that the computer did have the factory installed drives right up until 5/13/13, just before I sent it to be repaired by Best Buy.

And I have proof that they had plenty of time to remove the parts while waiting for the police. I have a technician who will verify this.

At this time, I am seeking to prosecute each individual involved as well as the corporation for both criminal charges as well as a civil suit.

... Folks, don't let this happen to you - SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!

Update by user Jun 17, 2013

COMMENT 6/17/13:

(The Post Comment button wasn't working apparently due to maintenance, so here's my comment/reply):

@theone

Just because it didn't happen to you, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I have reports filed with the Attorney General's office, the District Attorney's office, the BBB, the Federal Trad Commission, and numerous other Consumer groups including Consumer Affairs, Consumer Courts and many more.

As mentioned, this is not the first major problem with Best Buy and I have had enough!!

Just because others might blow their stories out of proportion, don't dare accuse me of reducing myself to their level. It grew so out of hand because I would not sign a document saying work was done that I could not verify was done, that speaks plenty about integrity. It would have been easier to lie and just sign it, but it would have gone against my conscious. Unlike many other people, I actually HAVE one. I've worked in law enforcement and studied martial arts from the best, I know what Honor is.

Believe or not, that's your choice. Multiple law and advocacy agencies are already investigating this - it's their choice and they've already chosen to believe since they realize I'm being honest, and that's all that counts to me. Easy enough to prove the facts, especially my computer only has one drive now when it's supposed to have two, and was still smudged when I opened it at home.

Frankly, my only reason for posting to all these other groups was to warn other people so no one has to endure the same, I wouldn't even wish it on you, nor anyone else. So it's your choice, take it or leave it.

Original review posted by user Jun 17, 2013

I am now seeking both criminal charges as well as compensation. They bullied and blackmailed me until I called the Police, then they humiliated me too. I took my computer in for repair at the Best Buy store at Kings Plaza on Avenue U and Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn, NY. They sent it out under warranty and I also told them in addition to hardware, the recovery disk never burned right, so I needed a new recovery disk. It came back, I tried to pick it up today (6/13/13), I owe no money cause all repairs are covered. They refused to give me a new recovery disk even though it did not burn right out of the box. I would not sign papers saying all work was done to my satisfaction because not all work was done and I could not test what was done. Tech Andrew took the computer right out of my hands saying he was "just going to clean it" but then refused to give it back because i would not sign saying all the work was done right (cant say it unless I can take it home and test it). Delilia, the asst. mgr., said the same thing. I called the police. While waiting, I called the best buy 800 number. The girl on the phone told me I had to purchase the recovery cd for 40 dollars if I wanted my computer back. I told her I didn't owe anything for repairs, that all repairs were covered, and I was not given a disk, so why did I have to pay. She said if I want my computer back, I have to pay 40 dollars for the disk. I asked her name and said I was going to report her, she said "Go [curse word] yourself, I'm not giving you anything" and hung up on me. I wrote this less than 30 mins after the incident. Delila was right next to me at the end of call, and I told her what they said. She then said that's correct, I have to pay 40 dollars to buy the disk if I want my computer back. Again I emphasized I owed nothing and no software work was done and I didn't get the disk, but they were blackmailing me. I'm not paying for them to restore the computer, I can do that myself, and they won't replace the recovery disks that never burned right in the first place (won't burn it now cause I get intermittent blue screen issues, so OS is faulty, not making a faulty recovery disk). When the police came, Andrew and Delilia changed their stories and lied to the police, saying I only needed to sign to say I got the computer. They kept looking at each other and smiling, like it was all some kind of game. It was extremely humiliating, degrading and insulting. I was trying to be honest, and they lied and thought it was funny! They lied to me, to the police, they took my computer out of my hands forcibly under false pretense, they took my computer hostage and tried to steal it, they harassed and humiliated me even in front of the police, they blackmailed me too. This is not the first problem either. I previously had $150 gift certificate and lost it, and called them immediately. Even though it was not spent yet, they would not replace it because I didn't have the physical receipt since it was a gift, even though I had ALL the numbers written down and could prove I owned it. Not only that, but my last computer also under warranty with them was supposed to be replaced at 4 repairs. I had to bring it in 6 times for repairs before they would replace it, and made 4 extra trips because they would not fix defective repairs (the new screen had dings in it), IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. And now making things even worse, here it is three days later I just now turned on the computer at home to set it up to do some work, and I got another BAD surprise from them. Here's what they did. When they first turned it on in the store in front of me BEFORE they forcibly took it out of my hands under false pretense, I had both internal drives working fine (its supposed to have 2 internal drive at 500 Gb each, total of 1 Tb storage). After all that fighting and he took out of my hands by force while lying about the reason because I would not sign the papers saying work was done when it was not, now it only shows ONE internal drive. He removed the other drive on purposed because it was working when he first turned it on BEFORE the *** hit the fan. The *** stole my second drive in spite!!!

Seems like you have done everything so why post here. No one is going to believe you and do you think anyone of the people you wrote to is going to waste time on a 79.00 hard drive?

But that has nothing to do with anyone on this site.

I have been happy with Best Buy and have received very good service anytime I have needed it. I should let your keeper know that you have escaped for the hospital.

Marlis

My dad had almost the same thing. Like when he went 2 get his computer fixed, and they were like "U have 2 sign" and said no, so they like got the manager and then when my Dad got it back, so then the battery was totally gone, and he like took them 2 Small Claims cuz they scratched out on the paper that he gave them the computer with the battery.

He's totally took them 2 court and like won cuz they stole from him. So I totally get it.

First question,Are you on some type of meds?If not you should be.Why?Would "Best Buy"Intentionally take anything from you?It sound's like you are trying to get something for nothing.When you first purchased the computer,If their was a problem in the beginning with the computer why?Didn't you return the computer to have the problem corrected?This post sound's like you are trying to get over on "Best Buy"By not paying for a part that is needed for your computer.No one "Bullied or Blackmailed you,You are the type of person who try's to use "Force"To get what you want.Good job "Best Buy"Stand your ground.Don't let this "Fruitcake"Get away with anything he/she cannot pay for.Then he/she has the nerve to call the police.He/she should have been "Arrested"On the spot for having this type of nerve.

Baleigh
@Anonymous

All my repairs are covered under warranty, it's in the contract, full coverage. Period.

Believe it or don't, I don't care, it's your funeral. I have my proof, I have my paperwork, and the only people that I need to send it to are the Attorney General and District Attorney. You obviously are not capable of comprehension since your vocabulary clearly shows you are not capable of thought beyond name-calling, and obviously you are capable of reading since the TOS clearly state personal attacks are a violation of this service. So Good Luck when you go to their stores.

I am sure you will eventually experience a similar process eventually.

As for anyone else, take it or leave it. I posted to try and prevent others from having to go through the same nightmare, so it's your choice from there.

Baleigh

@theone

I'm sorry this story is just too *** to believe. Lying to cops?

"Blackmailing"? I mean get real you probably refused to pay to get a recovery disk that you felt entitled to do you made a massive scene then came here to blow the story out of proportion

View more comments (5)
Review
#420064 Review #420064 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy may be showing extreme paranoia to those that purchase items.

Having been a customer with Best Buy for years, today's experience will result in my cancellation of my account and no future purchases at their stores. I purchased an IPAD today with my 2 grandaughters. The sales person placed the IPAD in a clear, see through bag, steam sealed the top and handed it to me. I informed the sales person that we were still shopping and asked for a bag that was not perfectly see through as anyone could see the boxed IPAD and easily grab the item from us as the Mall in New Hampshire was very busy. The sales person refused to give us another. Apparently, consumers at Best Buy are all considered potential thieves who may pack their purchase bags with items they are 'may' steal. .....and apparently, Best Buy doesn't give a hoot if your see through bags with your $500.00 items are grabbed from your hands. My advice to Best Buy consumers...you are considered a potential thief when you purchase something and be prepared to carry Mace after you make your purchases.
Sarahmarie

Sounds like you're the one wearing the aluminum foil hat. Guess what they use those bags to ensure you don't put something extra in the bag.

They're the same ones that duty free shops at the airport use to put items in for customer buying at duty free. What's inside can be seen and it's secure and can be instantly verified if it's been opened or not.

What's to stop the thief if the bag wasn't clear?

Oh yes that's right thieves only go after clear see through bags, I forgot.

you are going to stop shopping at best buy for something as small as that? you do know, people do steal from stores.

and it does really add up. now get a corporation 100s of locations. if they loose 1$ a day to bag stuffing they loose 100s in a day. it adds up to tens of thousands.

if this is a way to stop some of it, then good for them.

and really, you sound paranoid since someone can "easily grab the item from us." put it in your car? hold onto it tighter?

or they probably lose millions a year in theft(which ultimate costs you and I in the end) and this is 1 small way to help slow it down by having bags that are less likely to be stuffed. don't take it personal others actions have probably resulted in it, just like every other policy or rule caused by few bad apples, happens everywhere.

"as anyone could see the boxed IPAD and easily grab the item from us as the Mall in New Hampshire was very busy."

And you think Best Buy is paranoid?

View more comments (3)
Tags
  • See through store bags

I am now seeking both criminal charges as well as compensation. They bullied and blackmailed me until I called the Police, then they humiliated me too. I took my computer in for repair at the Best Buy store at Kings Plaza on Avenue U and Flatbush Ave. in Brooklyn, NY. They sent it out under warranty and I also told them in addition to hardware, the recovery disk never burned right, so I needed a new recovery disk. It came back, I tried to pick it up today (6/13/13), I owe no money cause all repairs are covered. They refused to give me a new recovery disk even though it did not burn right out of the box. I would not sign papers saying all work was done to my satisfaction because not all work was done and I could not test what was done. Tech Andrew took the computer right out of my hands saying he was "just going to clean it" but then refused to give it back because i would not sign saying all the work was done right (cant say it unless I can take it home and test it). Delilia, the asst. mgr., said the same thing. I called the police. While waiting, I called the best buy 800 number. The girl on the phone told me I had to purchase the recovery cd for 40 dollars if I wanted my computer back. I told her I didn't owe anything for repairs, that all repairs were covered, and I was not given a disk, so why did I have to pay. She said if I want my computer back, I have to pay 40 dollars for the disk. I asked her name and said I was going to report her, she said "Go [curse word] yourself, I'm not giving you anything" and hung up on me. I wrote this less than 30 mins after the incident. Delila was right next to me at the end of call, and I told her what they said. She then said that's correct, I have to pay 40 dollars to buy the disk if I want my computer back. Again I emphasized I owed nothing and no software work was done and I didn't get the disk, but they were blackmailing me. I'm not paying for them to restore the computer, I can do that myself, and they won't replace the recovery disks that never burned right in the first place (won't burn it now cause I get intermittent blue screen issues, so OS is faulty, not making a faulty recovery disk). When the police came, Andrew and Delilia changed their stories and lied to the police, saying I only needed to sign to say I got the computer. They kept looking at each other and smiling, like it was all some kind of game. It was extremely humiliating, degrading and insulting. I was trying to be honest, and they lied and thought it was funny! They lied to me, to the police, they took my computer out of my hands forcibly under false pretense, they took my computer hostage and tried to steal it, they harassed and humiliated me even in front of the police, they blackmailed me too. This is not the first problem either. I previously had 150 gift certificate and lost it, and called them immediately. Even though it was not spent yet, they would not replace it because I didn't have the physical receipt since it was a gift, even though I had ALL the numbers written down and could prove I owned it. Not only that, but my last computer also under warranty with them was supposed to be replaced at 4 repairs. I had to bring it in 6 times for repairs before they would replace it, and made 4 extra trips because they would not fix defective repairs (the new screen had dings in it), IT WAS A NIGHTMARE. And now making things even worse, here it is three days later I just now turned on the computer at home to set it up to do some work, and I got another BAD surprise from them. Here's what they did. When they first turned it on in the store in front of me BEFORE they forcibly took it out of my hands under false pretense, I had both internal drives working fine (its supposed to have 2 internal drive at 500 Gb each, total of 1 Tb storage). After all that fighting and he took out of my hands by force while lying about the reason because I would not sign the papers saying work was done when it was not, now it only shows ONE internal drive. He removed the other drive on purposed because it was working when he first turned it on BEFORE the *** hit the fan. The *** stole my second drive in spite!!!
Review
#419954 Review #419954 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Awfull service at bestbuy.com | Best Buy review from Brooklyn, New York

I ordered 2 Canon PG 210 cartridges at bestbuy.com on 02/04/13(order BBY01-554979054232). One cartridge is ready to pick up in the store. Nobody knows about the second cartridge. It is more than 2 weeks after the order has been placed, and I'm still waiting. Adding words adding words adding words adding worrds adding words adding words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words add words
Tags
  • Waiting...

BEST BUY CLOSED ALL CHECKOUTS

Best Buy # 2518 decided to close all registers at their normal checkout counter. They moved all of the people inline to the Customer Service counter. Funny thing was, not one person was working at the customer service counter at the time. So after people started asking questions like does anyone actually work here to the security guard, a *** bag with his mouth full of food emerged from behind a wall with a *** grin. Management should do a better job at.... managing their staff. Perhaps all the playas hanging around doing jack *** could open a register. I loved Best Buy until recently and now it's is the best showroom Amazon.com can buy. SNAP! Chapter 11.. sooner than later. Circuit City was the first and if Best Buy doesn't get their *** together, they will soon follow. Oh, and i don't have any interest in direct TV either.

They know it, they are going down the tube fast. It's a slow death.

Nobody cares about your protection plans or magazines or DirecTV. Try selling customers something tangible for once.

This has happened at the retail store where I work because management keeps hiring *** teenagers who call in sick all the time at the last minute which leaves no coverage.

Sounds like the wait was long, but why would anyone inline leave to go somewhere else? @Urmom only a *** would jump out of line last minute and go shopping somewhere else. If the *** goes back again I'd give it to you.

I bet you still bought something from them. Now who's the ***?

View more comments (3)

Compare Best Buy vs Walmart

Latest Question

Best Buy Questions

Biggest mistake of my life. | Best Buy review from Brooklyn, New York

Last year for Christmas, because of logistic location I purchase a IMAC thru Best Buy,the computer was not in stock and they promises to receive by Dec.23'when they call me to pick up the computer I noticed that the packing was previously open,the insured me that they personally checked the package to be sure I will get all the part. Wrong they delivery me a used IMac.after I complain that I want my money back (paid cash) so I could get one from the Apple store they told me no cash refund only a check from the Corp.office.They promise me a new computer after xmas,when I went to pick it up I also purchase A 3 year service contract, WHAT A F.......... MISTAKE.FOR$ 269.00. Yesterday my son computer had some issue after downloading an upgrade I return the computer to BB And to have this issue repair was $200.00extra .please boycott best buy

To the above commenter, and to the buyer:

1. Yes, they do offer a 3 year Black Tie service on all iMacs.

2. Although tech support would probably have been a good bet anyhow, all of Best Buy's return policies for items purchased before christmas were extended until January 24th, so if you still have the packaging and all components, you can return for a full refund.

3. I'm an employee of Best Buy, and I know these policies and offers firsthand, so don't let them rip you off. You are entitled to a replacement. If you paid for a used product it should have been 10% less than regular sale price as is the company's open box policy, so if not, demand at least a refund of the difference.

#1 They don't offer a 3 year warranty on an iMac.

#2 You could have called apple for help for free for the first 90 days.

#3 It sounds like you bought a year of their tech support service which will probably be a good deal for you in the long run if your son screwed the computer up that quickly to begin with.

View more comments (1)