My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of our price we were looking to pay, having seen fridges at the home improvement stores and appliance stores. It was an 'open box', a customer return. There was no physical damage to the fridge, we were told the person bought it, but was unhappy with the color (?!) and returned it. Husband pulled it out away from the other fridges so we could check the sides, it was pristine. We were happy. We paid for it and arranged for delivery.
The fridge shows up for installation and the delivery guys tell us there are some scratches on it, despite the note on the sales receipt by both us AND the salesperson to the contrary when it was purchased. Scratches on the front, a shallow dent on the left side, and dings where the paint was actually removed on the right hand side of the side of the door! Despite the fact it was supposedly bubble wrapped for protection!!!
We spoke with Best Buy as the fridge sat in our driveway and the rep told us we could deny delivery or take it and perhaps get some money off the fridge. We went with the latter. We went into the store and spoke with a 'manager' (so said his name tag) in the appliance department, having brought photos to corroborate our tale. He apologized and said he could either take back the fridge and we could buy another one (at retail) or he'd split the cost of replacing it with an 'in-box' fridge. Another $80. But no money off - my husband point blank asked him. We were ticked off, and I don't see us buying from Best Buy again. I mean, really, a fridge leaves the store in pristine condition and arrives damaged? And I'm not talking a little cosmetic damage, I mean paint scraped off, and you won't come off the price by any amount?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "My 80 year old Mother-in-law bought a new TV from Best Buy, Melrose Park, Illinois. She asked what happens if there was something wrong with it and was told she..."
- "I searched online for a part for my microwave. This place popped up stating it had the part. I used their website to generate a part number.i ordered the part.Their..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "LG High Efficiency Washer Orig cost $1099 – I got at discount then - LG wants to pay me $400 and take my washer because they dismantled and trashed my..."
- "My complaint is against Surface Solutions & Design and its owner/operators, Peter M. *** and Lucie R. Elmer, for being deceptive about their product and the absolutely terrible floor installation..."
- "On 10/11/14, my husband I purchased tickets for Universal Studios from Bluegreen during our third stay at The Fountains resort in Orlando, our fifth stay with Bluegreen. On 10/12/14, we..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."