My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of our price we were looking to pay, having seen fridges at the home improvement stores and appliance stores. It was an 'open box', a customer return. There was no physical damage to the fridge, we were told the person bought it, but was unhappy with the color (?!) and returned it. Husband pulled it out away from the other fridges so we could check the sides, it was pristine. We were happy. We paid for it and arranged for delivery.
The fridge shows up for installation and the delivery guys tell us there are some scratches on it, despite the note on the sales receipt by both us AND the salesperson to the contrary when it was purchased. Scratches on the front, a shallow dent on the left side, and dings where the paint was actually removed on the right hand side of the side of the door! Despite the fact it was supposedly bubble wrapped for protection!!!
We spoke with Best Buy as the fridge sat in our driveway and the rep told us we could deny delivery or take it and perhaps get some money off the fridge. We went with the latter. We went into the store and spoke with a 'manager' (so said his name tag) in the appliance department, having brought photos to corroborate our tale. He apologized and said he could either take back the fridge and we could buy another one (at retail) or he'd split the cost of replacing it with an 'in-box' fridge. Another $80. But no money off - my husband point blank asked him. We were ticked off, and I don't see us buying from Best Buy again. I mean, really, a fridge leaves the store in pristine condition and arrives damaged? And I'm not talking a little cosmetic damage, I mean paint scraped off, and you won't come off the price by any amount?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Called Store Spoke to Geek SQUAD Adviced him I purchased A TV on 02/03/2012 today was 03/17/2012 sound wasnt working on tv less than 2 months old. Was told to bring it in..."
- "I brought something from best buy. I went to return it to be told that my item was returned already. If that's so. How do I still got the..."
- "I had purchased a washing machine from Best Buy Allen Park, I had it delivered and installed in October 2009, it was messing up in 2012 and it recently started..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "I took in my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse to a Tires Plus in Lake Mary, FL for a price quote on 4 new tires. I was looking at the buy 3..."
- "Dianese McClafferty of Remy Soul Hair Company, Dianxx Hair, and Beautifulhair4ever.com is a THIEF, *** ARTIST, AND FRAUD. She is the worst kind because she pretends to be your friend,..."
- "I am writing to warn other brides who may want to use Michelle Quance Photography. I worked with 2 of her employees-Summer and Kelly and spent $3170 on awful photography...."