My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of our price we were looking to pay, having seen fridges at the home improvement stores and appliance stores. It was an 'open box', a customer return. There was no physical damage to the fridge, we were told the person bought it, but was unhappy with the color (?!) and returned it. Husband pulled it out away from the other fridges so we could check the sides, it was pristine. We were happy. We paid for it and arranged for delivery.
The fridge shows up for installation and the delivery guys tell us there are some scratches on it, despite the note on the sales receipt by both us AND the salesperson to the contrary when it was purchased. Scratches on the front, a shallow dent on the left side, and dings where the paint was actually removed on the right hand side of the side of the door! Despite the fact it was supposedly bubble wrapped for protection!!!
We spoke with Best Buy as the fridge sat in our driveway and the rep told us we could deny delivery or take it and perhaps get some money off the fridge. We went with the latter. We went into the store and spoke with a 'manager' (so said his name tag) in the appliance department, having brought photos to corroborate our tale. He apologized and said he could either take back the fridge and we could buy another one (at retail) or he'd split the cost of replacing it with an 'in-box' fridge. Another $80. But no money off - my husband point blank asked him. We were ticked off, and I don't see us buying from Best Buy again. I mean, really, a fridge leaves the store in pristine condition and arrives damaged? And I'm not talking a little cosmetic damage, I mean paint scraped off, and you won't come off the price by any amount?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I selected my refrigerator delivery for Oct 27 the 4-8 window. On Oct 26, I received a voice message confirming the Oct 27 delivery date and window...."
- "I just had the most awful customer service interaction with A customer service representative on the phone. I purchased a Apple Watch for a family ..."
- "Today I experienced some of the worst customer service I have ever received and by far the worst Best Buy I have ever been too. On Friday I went..."
- "On June 7th we made a simple drop-off to have a chipped diamond replaced in Emily’s wedding ring. We were told that her ring repair was covered under a service..."
- "Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this Abuzaid brother a â€œmechanic you can trustâ€? Wael Mohamed Abuzaid mug shot aka Tony Abuzid (sic) â€" Is this..."
- "I made a reservation for a rental car last night on advantage.com. I read all the verbiage that was on my reservation screen. Apparently, you have to click..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."