Best Buy - Sales Manager Review from Newark, New Jersey

1.5
Wow how they suck. I purchased a new laptop yesterday and it crashed today. Ok no big deal This happens. Picked up a second new unit when I returned the first crashed unit. Actually upgraded a little more. Here is their problem, I paid CASH. My mistake I guess. After getting the second unit I never opened the box. Thinking about what this dum sales twit told me about the new computer it did not make the grade. Called a few other computer stores, shot the sales twit lied to me. Yea I know that's a shocker but it happened. Now I am really passed. Went to take back the new unopened unit back. Remember I paid CASH. Seams best buy does not refund CASH to customers over $100'00 they will mail you a check in 4 to 6 weeks. Called their head quarters phone number and was told by a manager that with all the returns they have they would need to keep at least a $ 100,000 in cash on hand. Guess they have a lot of returns everyday. I WILL never step foot in another one of their sorry stores again and hope they go belly up. And these twits wonder why their sales are going down.

You're a fu*#ing idi ot, (can't believe this site blocks words like idi ot and $tupid) but anyway, yes you're a f*#ing idi ot. Every retailer does the same thing.

Anytime you purchase something that's really expensive and want a refund, they will mail you a check if it's over a certain dollar amount. Walmart and target do the same thing.

So you can plan to not go to any of those stores either since you're so entitled and the rules don't apply to you. And it doesn't take 4-6 weeks, it takes maybe 1-2 weeks.

Service
Best Buy Sales Manager

Best Buy Manager Misconduct

Best Buy in Union, NJ Worst Customer service. provided the receipt spoke with a manager Mr. Pedro Acevedo, he stated "we can't take this back because the pieces are missing" I specified well it was purchased in this store in that same order so I shouldn't be held accountable. Mr. Acevedo got nasty with me the customer and a patron of that Best Buy. Mr. Acevedo being Manager clearly didn't know the store policy. That states if an item is purchased by November 1st through the December 31st clearly is considered a Holiday Sale and an exchange should be honored.
Service
Best Buy Manager
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Astoria, Long Island city store. Worst customer experience ever. | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

I cannot wait for best but to go the way of circuit city, incredible universe, the wiz and many other electronics store. Unfortunately another will open up and hire the same incompetent people. When you order something for store pickup and go to pick it up after an email says its ready, it should be ready right? These lazy *** people that are employed here are the worst. I wish *** cancer on all of them. No wonder best buy is almost bankrupt. These people are the direct reason why this country is in the *** too. They actually think they work hard too. Sad.

You wish cancer on these people? Really?

You sound like a horrible human being and you deserve everything you have the audacity to wish upon other people.

Also, in case you didn't notice, Best Buy's stock price is higher now than it was the same time last year. That's not something that happens to a company that is "almost bankrupt".

Wow..great story and full of details.. Maybe you're the lazy bag of s.hit who cant wait for the email saying its ready?

Instead you probably ran to the store and wanted people to bow down to you... I hope you get hit by a car!

View more comments (1)

Compromised Personal Information | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

I contacted a representative from Best Buy on 12-6-13 regarding several e-mails indicating my product being shipped. The E-Mail address is mine but the products ordered are NOT. My rewards account, e-mail and personal information has been compromised on at least 2 occasions and my rewards login and information was altered, blocking me from access. The representative pulled up the history and rectified the situation by reverting the information back to mine, canceling all the orders and offered no explanation as to how this could happen. My access was fine until today 12-7-13, when I received 2 additional orders in another individual's name but to my e-mail once again. I am forwarding this information as well as the corrective measures taken yesterday by the representative indicating my personal information being compromised to my attorney. I asked that a supervisor contact me after speaking with the representative on 12-6-13 and of course, I received NO CALL!! I am extremely upset and uncomfortable with Best Buy as well as how they handle my personal information. Along with sharing this information with my attorney, I will be alerting as many people as possible through social media and the web. This is a horrible way to treat dedicated customers as well as trusted personal information. I will expect a follow up on the part of Best Buy in an expedited manner!

Have you contacted Lisa Smith's

Current

Vice President Enterprise Customer Care at Best Buy

Review

BestBuy made the error and we pay for their mistake? | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

Best Buy is the WORST! My sister called in to renew her protection plan for her Macbook Pro and one of their employees placed it on an old laptop, HP Satellite, that I no longer own (because I had to exchange it in Best Buy for malfunctions!). They've refused to rectify the situation and have charged her $163. For the past five months they've been doing nothing but talking and nothing is getting done. They make errors and refuse to correct them. Their employees give you the run around, charge you every fee possible and will not do anything to assist the consumer. Forget about calling the customer service number; they're always passing blame saying, "This department did this" or "that department handles that" and, the latest, "the back office is working on it". Where is this mysterious back office!? Cause they won't transfer or supply any number to speak with them at all. They say one thing and make totally different notes in their little computers. And let's not forget the contrived pity in their voice as they patronize you, "I totally understand," some supervisor says, "I am going to handle this personally." Then, the supervisor disappears to another location or another department and all the progress you THOUGHT you made is dust in the wind. We are giving them 24 hours to fix this mess. If it isn't fixed--if we aren't satisfied--Best Buy, their devious practices, poorly trained employees and general bad business will NEVER hear the end of this. ~ Lo & Kara
Loss
$2000
Tags
  • back office

Best buy would not pay for repair under warranty

my son was moving to Japan to work,so he purchased a Toshiba computer with extended warrany, from best buy while in Japan something happened to the computer he got in touch with best buy and was told to have it fixed over there and to mail the pd.bill to some place out west,he could not do it so i got all the info.and mailed it out it was for a lousey $100 that was over 5 years ago and waiting,so i tell all my friends and relatives to stay away.i hope they do.it
Patrick

I can't even understand half of what you said.

Review

Fraudulent!!! The points cost way more than the prize. But then they never sent the prize. | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

They charged an initial fee. Then I bought points and began to bid on a $100 gift card to Best Buy. It wound up costing about $200 for this $100 gift card and I considered it a lesson learned. But then I never received the Gift card. Several months later I was on the phone with BidSauce and given a royal runaround. First they said it was being mailed that week. For weeks that was what I was told. They kept saying they were a little backed up. After many months, they began to say that they had a different problem. They claimed that the gift cards came from a merchant who hadn't paid up. They continued to run their auctions but claimed that they couldn't use the money they were making to pay for my gift card. That was supposed to be from a different source who didn't come through. What hog wash!!! They told me to keep waiting as they were trying to work it out. It has been almost 2 years and I have long since given up on ever getting my gift card. PLEASE DO NOt PATRONIZE THIS SITE- YOU WILL GET THE SHAFT. FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED!

This has nothing to do with Best Buy.

First of all, how is this Best Buy's fault?

Secondly, who doesnt know that all those point auctions sites are complete scams? You're probably the type that sends $2000 to a Nigerian prince.

View more comments (1)
Product
Best Buy Gift Card

Uninformed sales people | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

I went to Best Buy to purchase a laptop the other day. I only had one requirement for a computer. I told the sales person that I wanted a laptop with a really quiet fan. I stressed this, because it was the one thing I really needed. He showed me a laptop and told me it should be the quietest in the store. I purchased it and began using it. The fan is really loud and runs often. It drowns out my music or whatever I'm doing at the time. It's a bit ridiculous since all I sacrificed on so many other features to get one that supposedly had the quietest fan. They also sold me several things to install from CD, but neglected to tell me that the laptop had to internal CD drive. Now I have internet security that cost me 100 dollars, but no way to install it on my loud laptop. Thanks.

Why didn't you turn the computer on in the store? Then you could have seen if the fan was too loud for you.

I will let you in on a secret. You won't find your mommy in a Best Buy store so you have to make up your own mind what you want to buy

I hate customers who demand some ridiculous requirement of their purchase. "I want pickles the size of a quarter"..."I want you only to develop the pictures that came out"..."I want a computer with a quiet fan" :zzz :zzz :zzz

Patrick

honestly, people that know absolutely nothing about computers should just stay away from them if they're too dumb to learn anything.

View more comments (2)

Beware the Geek Squad | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

Please spare yourself the trouble of dealing with these so called "geek squad" from Best Buy. I dealt with the geek squad from Best Buy, West Paterson, NJ. They gave me the most frustrating experience with my macbook pro. I bought my laptop in August 2011 and I brought it in for repair in October 2011 due to a hard drive failure. The geek squad guy recommended that they copy the contents of my laptop to an external HD and so I agreed. After repair, I got my laptop back and this geek squad agent was showing me that it is working fine now. He tried to copy the contents back to my laptop from the external HD that they had me buy to store my data. After unsuccessful attempts, he told me that the HD needed to be formatted to work on the macbook pro. Now my first question was, why on earth would they (geek squad-so called experts???) recommend me to buy an external HD (worth over $100.00) that was not even compatible with macbook without formatting it??? Now, this guy tried to format the external HD but it was obvious that he didn't know how to do it.... I was already frustrated at this point, considering that I waited in line before they can attend to me and only to come up to this... So I left and I told the guy that I will figure it out myself because he was wasting a lot of my time and it was obvious that he didn't know what he was doing... So I went home and after using the laptop, I realized that the OS was not the same as what I originally had so I took my laptop back after a few days (as I couldn't find the time to get back to the store and just the thought of going back there again was painful). Okay, so I was in the store and I was dealing with another "geek squad guy" I told him that the OS installed is not the same and I wanted the new OSX Lion that came when I bought the laptop. I couldn't believe what I heard from the guy. He told me that whatever was installed in the system was what my system came with. I explained myself and I told him that he was incorrect and that my laptop had the new OS Lion. He went and checked something and came back to me with the same answer. It was sooooooo frustrating!!!! Then he said that the only way to find out was to show him the box that my laptop came with. Wow! So I went home and got the box and shoved it in his face. At this time, I was really very very frustrated. So he accepted my laptop and installed the new OSX and got it after a few days. After checking the system, some of the softwares that came with the purchase of this new laptop was not re-installed but I held my breath and told myself that I will just buy them again because there was no way I was going to deal with these so called experts at Best Buy again. It was fine until I tried to purchase an app and it prompted for a password. I have not set a password and I tried what I know without success. I called best buy and the only way to reset the password was to bring it back to them....again... Unbelievable!!!! Why did they have to put in a password in the first place when it was not theirs to do?????? I am fuming!!! Who knows, what other problems I may find after this..

Not sure where to begin. Geek Squad in Hamburg NY Best Buy serviced my PC...had for 3 weeks..2 weeks beyond stated timeframe..got back with a Pent 4 had a DuoCore!

Obviously crashed immed again and took to diff tech. Point is, there is no oversight, noone oversees ANYthing that a 'geek" is doing..its a free for all, they will also take and service any product...this is a business like all else looking for ways to make money. Most consumers are too trusting...who would check their hardware when picking up equip?

Explore your options for other local repair services...use the internet to first research your issue for the best path to resolve, get references. This is still a burgeoning industry unfortunately many of us will still be taken advantage of until this service tech industry gets regulated....yes I said regulated...sorry, consumers need protection from dare I say a new form of predator...

Your best bet in the future is to take your Macbook Pro to an Apple Store and let a Mac Genius look at it. You can even schedule appts online for the store nearest you. They know what they're doing and it is quick and painless.

As for new hard drives, they never come already formatted. You have to do that yourself, or done by a computer tech for you, after the purchase. As for the password, the Geek Squad guy most likely was required by the system to set a password, but he should have written it down and given it to you.

View more comments (2)

Compare Best Buy vs Walmart

Latest Question

Best Buy Questions

Best Buy stinks--don't shop there

I bought a Hoover Platinum vacuum cleaner at Best Buy. This is an excellent vacuum but requires bags. Later I returned several times to buy more bags, they were always out of stock. Finally I politely asked a salesperson to check inventory and make sure, explaining I had already made several trips to the store. The salesperson refused, rudely. I then tried to buy them on Best Buy's website and discovered: Cost of bags: $4.99 each. Shipping charges: $4.99 PER BAG! I then tried the site's chat function, was connected to an agent but got no reply to my question! Needless to say I bought the bags elsewhere.

Just stick the vacuum hose up your *** *** then begin to breath out. That should work. Or I can come over take a *** in your vegetable crisper.

Best Buy sells vac bags?? Huh, I wonder how many people actually go to Best Buy to get vac bags :grin

Here's a novel idea, Buy a canister or bagless vac. There problem solved!

No need to :cry about it just go to another store to get the bags.

As for the first commenter BY BY BB, Post a new review. No need to post a new un related subject on this post, Makes you look like a Jack *** Just sayin.....

12/2011 - Husband paid cash for an iPad and case for me as a Christmas gift. 1 wk later I took it back to get a 64 GB - they didn't have any in stock; neither did the 3 other stores in our area.

I requested a refund and they told me anything over $500 will have to be refunded in the form of a check. FOR A CASH PURCHASE YOU HAVE TO WAIT 2 WEEKS FOR A REFUND CHECK IN THE MAIL. I, too, will be sharing my story with friends/family/co-workers/anyone who will listen. I've read similar posts to where BB has delayed return of funds from returns.

Hopefully this means they are on their way to going out of business. This is one store I WILL NOT feel sorry to see it go.

lol @ durr. that was wrong of the salesperson though

And what makes you think you have to buy the bags at best buy?

Just buy them somewhere else, like Wal-Mart. Durr

@Simon

Read the post Op states bought elsewhere durrr

View more comments (5)