Best Buy Manager Misconduct

Best Buy in Union, NJ Worst Customer service. provided the receipt spoke with a manager Mr. Pedro Acevedo, he stated "we can't take this back because the pieces are missing" I specified well it was purchased in this store in that same order so I shouldn't be held accountable. Mr. Acevedo got nasty with me the customer and a patron of that Best Buy. Mr. Acevedo being Manager clearly didn't know the store policy. That states if an item is purchased by November 1st through the December 31st clearly is considered a Holiday Sale and an exchange should be honored.
Best Buy Manager
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy - Sales Manager Review from Newark, New Jersey

1.5
Wow how they suck. I purchased a new laptop yesterday and it crashed today. Ok no big deal This happens. Picked up a second new unit when I returned the first crashed unit. Actually upgraded a little more. Here is their problem, I paid CASH. My mistake I guess. After getting the second unit I never opened the box. Thinking about what this dum sales twit told me about the new computer it did not make the grade. Called a few other computer stores, shot the sales twit lied to me. Yea I know that's a shocker but it happened. Now I am really passed. Went to take back the new unopened unit back. Remember I paid CASH. Seams best buy does not refund CASH to customers over $100'00 they will mail you a check in 4 to 6 weeks. Called their head quarters phone number and was told by a manager that with all the returns they have they would need to keep at least a $ 100,000 in cash on hand. Guess they have a lot of returns everyday. I WILL never step foot in another one of their sorry stores again and hope they go belly up. And these twits wonder why their sales are going down.

You're a fu*#ing idi ot, (can't believe this site blocks words like idi ot and $tupid) but anyway, yes you're a f*#ing idi ot. Every retailer does the same thing.

Anytime you purchase something that's really expensive and want a refund, they will mail you a check if it's over a certain dollar amount. Walmart and target do the same thing.

So you can plan to not go to any of those stores either since you're so entitled and the rules don't apply to you. And it doesn't take 4-6 weeks, it takes maybe 1-2 weeks.

Best Buy Sales Manager

Astoria, Long Island city store. Worst customer experience ever. | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

I cannot wait for best but to go the way of circuit city, incredible universe, the wiz and many other electronics store. Unfortunately another will open up and hire the same incompetent people. When you order something for store pickup and go to pick it up after an email says its ready, it should be ready right? These lazy *** people that are employed here are the worst. I wish *** cancer on all of them. No wonder best buy is almost bankrupt. These people are the direct reason why this country is in the *** too. They actually think they work hard too. Sad.

You wish cancer on these people? Really?

You sound like a horrible human being and you deserve everything you have the audacity to wish upon other people.

Also, in case you didn't notice, Best Buy's stock price is higher now than it was the same time last year. That's not something that happens to a company that is "almost bankrupt".

Wow..great story and full of details.. Maybe you're the lazy bag of s.hit who cant wait for the email saying its ready?

Instead you probably ran to the store and wanted people to bow down to you... I hope you get hit by a car!

View more comments (1)

Compromised Personal Information | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

I contacted a representative from Best Buy on 12-6-13 regarding several e-mails indicating my product being shipped. The E-Mail address is mine but the products ordered are NOT. My rewards account, e-mail and personal information has been compromised on at least 2 occasions and my rewards login and information was altered, blocking me from access. The representative pulled up the history and rectified the situation by reverting the information back to mine, canceling all the orders and offered no explanation as to how this could happen. My access was fine until today 12-7-13, when I received 2 additional orders in another individual's name but to my e-mail once again. I am forwarding this information as well as the corrective measures taken yesterday by the representative indicating my personal information being compromised to my attorney. I asked that a supervisor contact me after speaking with the representative on 12-6-13 and of course, I received NO CALL!! I am extremely upset and uncomfortable with Best Buy as well as how they handle my personal information. Along with sharing this information with my attorney, I will be alerting as many people as possible through social media and the web. This is a horrible way to treat dedicated customers as well as trusted personal information. I will expect a follow up on the part of Best Buy in an expedited manner!

Have you contacted Lisa Smith's

Current

Vice President Enterprise Customer Care at Best Buy

Review

BestBuy made the error and we pay for their mistake? | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

Best Buy is the WORST! My sister called in to renew her protection plan for her Macbook Pro and one of their employees placed it on an old laptop, HP Satellite, that I no longer own (because I had to exchange it in Best Buy for malfunctions!). They've refused to rectify the situation and have charged her $163. For the past five months they've been doing nothing but talking and nothing is getting done. They make errors and refuse to correct them. Their employees give you the run around, charge you every fee possible and will not do anything to assist the consumer. Forget about calling the customer service number; they're always passing blame saying, "This department did this" or "that department handles that" and, the latest, "the back office is working on it". Where is this mysterious back office!? Cause they won't transfer or supply any number to speak with them at all. They say one thing and make totally different notes in their little computers. And let's not forget the contrived pity in their voice as they patronize you, "I totally understand," some supervisor says, "I am going to handle this personally." Then, the supervisor disappears to another location or another department and all the progress you THOUGHT you made is dust in the wind. We are giving them 24 hours to fix this mess. If it isn't fixed--if we aren't satisfied--Best Buy, their devious practices, poorly trained employees and general bad business will NEVER hear the end of this. ~ Lo & Kara
$2000
Tags
  • back office

Fraudulent!!! The points cost way more than the prize. But then they never sent the prize. | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

They charged an initial fee. Then I bought points and began to bid on a $100 gift card to Best Buy. It wound up costing about $200 for this $100 gift card and I considered it a lesson learned. But then I never received the Gift card. Several months later I was on the phone with BidSauce and given a royal runaround. First they said it was being mailed that week. For weeks that was what I was told. They kept saying they were a little backed up. After many months, they began to say that they had a different problem. They claimed that the gift cards came from a merchant who hadn't paid up. They continued to run their auctions but claimed that they couldn't use the money they were making to pay for my gift card. That was supposed to be from a different source who didn't come through. What hog wash!!! They told me to keep waiting as they were trying to work it out. It has been almost 2 years and I have long since given up on ever getting my gift card. PLEASE DO NOt PATRONIZE THIS SITE- YOU WILL GET THE SHAFT. FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED!

This has nothing to do with Best Buy.

First of all, how is this Best Buy's fault?

Secondly, who doesnt know that all those point auctions sites are complete scams? You're probably the type that sends $2000 to a Nigerian prince.

View more comments (1)
Product
Best Buy Gift Card

Best buy would not pay for repair under warranty

my son was moving to Japan to work,so he purchased a Toshiba computer with extended warrany, from best buy while in Japan something happened to the computer he got in touch with best buy and was told to have it fixed over there and to mail the pd.bill to some place out west,he could not do it so i got all the info.and mailed it out it was for a lousey $100 that was over 5 years ago and waiting,so i tell all my friends and relatives to stay away.i hope they do.it
Patrick

I can't even understand half of what you said.

Uninformed sales people | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

I went to Best Buy to purchase a laptop the other day. I only had one requirement for a computer. I told the sales person that I wanted a laptop with a really quiet fan. I stressed this, because it was the one thing I really needed. He showed me a laptop and told me it should be the quietest in the store. I purchased it and began using it. The fan is really loud and runs often. It drowns out my music or whatever I'm doing at the time. It's a bit ridiculous since all I sacrificed on so many other features to get one that supposedly had the quietest fan. They also sold me several things to install from CD, but neglected to tell me that the laptop had to internal CD drive. Now I have internet security that cost me 100 dollars, but no way to install it on my loud laptop. Thanks.

Why didn't you turn the computer on in the store? Then you could have seen if the fan was too loud for you.

I will let you in on a secret. You won't find your mommy in a Best Buy store so you have to make up your own mind what you want to buy

I hate customers who demand some ridiculous requirement of their purchase. "I want pickles the size of a quarter"..."I want you only to develop the pictures that came out"..."I want a computer with a quiet fan" :zzz :zzz :zzz

Patrick

honestly, people that know absolutely nothing about computers should just stay away from them if they're too dumb to learn anything.

View more comments (2)

Return policy for gift card | Best Buy review from Newark, New Jersey

I purchased a gift card on BestBuy.com and picked it up in my local store. Tried to return or exchange unused gift card just to find out that it was non-returnable! Now I am out $100 because I bought a Sony e-reader gift card and the recipient no longer has the reader. Card was not "scratched" or anything. It was completely untouched. BAD BUSINESS!! I called customer service who called the store and I was conveniently disconnected. When I called back, I was told that there would be an extended wait time. I should have been told about the return policy BEFORE they took my money.

Agreed. You are a ***.

If you want my opinion, read "so sad"'s response again. I couldn't have said it better.

Every 1 minute an *** is born and you're proof. No store allows you to return a gift card.

EVERY retailer has an all sales final policy on gift cards.

It's not Best Buys fault you're a complete *** ***. Please don't breed because the world can't afford to support anymore *** like you.

@So sad

Latest Question

Best Buy Questions

Best buy online - Do not buy from them

Update by user Dec 06, 2011

Good news! Best buy reconsidered my case and offered a free install of the new dish washer.

Hope fully, it gets installed tomorrow with no further issues. If it works out OK, thanks to Best Buy to come through in the end!

Original review posted by user Dec 01, 2011

I bought a dish washer with installation included. After the purchase, I called them and made sure that installation is included. One of their customer service people even mentioned that if there is no customization required, they will install the washer. If some additional work required, they may charge for that. I was Ok with it. I took a day off today to make sure it is delivered and installed. Best buy delivered but they are not installers. Someone else will come to install it. When I called to confirm, installation is additional, it is not included in the order. From there, I spent over one hour on the phone with various people from Best Buy. Some in the middle agreed that installation is included with the deal, but kept transferring call to other departments. At the end, they were not honoring their original deal. Guy in the end basically said that sometimes Bestbuy sales people are misinformed. I am totally pissed. I asked them to come and pick the appliance. I asked him whether I am going to be charged for any stocking fee, he said no. Hope he is not misinformed!!! I will never buy anything from their online store!
Best Buy Installation