Customer service is a joke | Best Buy review from Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Customer service at the store told me to contact their company customer service number, called them and they said they can't help me as the in store customer service has to help me. Had to get a three way call with the manager and the corporate customer service and they both argued with each other and neither helped me.
Service
Best Buy Customer Care
Approximately a week ago I went to the Best Buy Mobile store in Plymouth Meeting, PA where I previously purchased two Apple iPhone 4S cell phones and two Geek Squad Protection Plans. I went to the store to inquire regarding service for one of the iPhones, for which I...

This is an email I sent to the CEO just today.

I am a loyal geek squad protection plan user for my cell phone over the last few years. I don't agree with them making changed to our service plans and not informing the consumers. This only seems to happen when I need a new device.

Tonight I had an awful experience with customer service. ( last week I went into a store and waited 45 mins in line to only be told the policy has changed now in October everyone has to call in to order a new defective phone) with your protection plan I received a new faulty phone which has now glitched to the point of not working. I don't think a customer should be held accountable for your squad sending a defaulting malfunctioning refurbished phone to its customers then being told WE have to PAY for such items.

1st off the person who gave me this plan on this particular phone never mentioned new changes to me on the policy . C'mon now who reads all the find print. You guys are ripping people off. I

Secondly back in February when I got my 1st replacement LG G2 for sprint. I asked the agent( and again in October) why my phone is saying "no sim card" and has an ugly permanent icon to follow planted at the top. Both types did your workers told me that didn't matter. Only until last week I went to sprint where they seem to have better phone education and told me that is why I have not received 4g network and now for over a year my phone has only been running on 3g.

Tonight on the phone I sat on hold for 30 minutes only to be told that some new policy was in place and I needed now pay $160 for a new phone!! why should a caller have to pay for *** merchandise that you guys failed to fix the first time. My screen had a shortage and went all black but not before turning the main screen into all "static" look. I have ruined and dropped plenty of phones in my day which I have no problem admitting to cracking a screen or dropping a phone in a toilet. Those are things I will pay for. NOT rubbish sent to my by your dept. To conclude I asked the rep to let me speak to someone else that could help me like a supervisor and she said no one else could help me. So I asked to be put into billing where I could cancel my policy. When I asked to speak to a supervisor in billing I was put on hold for another almost 30 mins then sent to a ring tone for about another 10 until I gave up and disconnected. I wonder why you guys don't have supervisors that can come to a line sooner? That seems to be a problem I am looking for a resolution to this matter as quickly as possible. The best way to reach me is via email since my cell phone is out of use currently Thank you.

View more comments
Tags
  • Geek Squad Protection Fraud

Lack of customer service from managers | Best Buy review from Mount Laurel, New Jersey

My husband and I walked in the Mall of Georgia Buford Best Buy store. We got a store associate to help us with iPods. We wanted a yellow 32 gig and apple store was sold out so we came to them. The associate took us up to front of store where the cage is. Female associate opened the cage and they had 32 GB yellow iPod so we then checked on a blue one as well for our son. They had it. We told them we needed to go get some Bose and beat headsets as well as the new iPad 4 32 gig. She said I will have these waiting for you at checkout. We got the headsets then had to wait over 45 min to get help with the I pad because the store didn't have the proper number of associates spread throughout the store. When we got up front to get the iPods with the associate that finally helped us with iPad the female associate had been told by a female manager to sell the yellow iPod to another customer even though she knew we were still in store. The male manager apologized and said what can I do to make it right. We said sell us the yellow 64 gb iPod at same price as the 32 since you sold it out from under us and didn't have enough ppl working in iPads. He said I cannot do that. We sad so you are willing to let us walk when we are standing here fixing to spend 2000 on electronics. He then goes to look to see if they have another store with the yellow 32 that can mail it to us. We finally decided to *** with him. If he wanted to lose 2000 of sales over 100 dollars he deserves the fall out. We went to Brand smart got the headsets from them. They matched Best buys price. We got home and Walmart has the same I pods we wanted for .84 more no sales tax. Amazon has same iPods for .84 more plus we get free shipping and pay no sales tax. Target has same iPad not much more plus are giving a $60 gift card with purchase. Plus my oldest daughter works at target and can get her employee discount which actually will make it cheaper. All I can say is. Corporate is gonna be pissed once they call on Monday. Lol the corporate office person that took complaint wasn't happy an said that was poor math on their managers part. I have no clue what the deal s up with some store managers now but Best Buy you just lost a customer that spends thousands of dollars a year with your store. Plus hat makes a 6 figure income and has no problem buying the top o he line products. Remember that as your stocks continue to decrease. :)

Another common example why Best Buy is going under.

Best Buy--Lancaster, PA

I'm a previous customer of Best Buy. I bought my laptop there in December 2010. I had to return in December 2011 (with my warranty) to get work done when it crashed. In May 2012, I went to Best Buy to buy Microsoft Office and have it loaded onto my computer. I also bought a printer--it was on sale!! But when I asked for help I was told I'd be charged $30 an hour!!! I went to Office Max and got the same service for LESS MONEY and better customer service!!! SHOP OFFICE MAX--BEST BUY SUCKS!
Patrick

WOW you're a ***. you bought a laptop and you think that Best Buy is supposed to do anything extra that you want for free??

I guess you also think that when you buy a car, the dealer will fix it for free, install a free speaker system when you want it and give you a car wash every week. unless Best Buy advertised some kind of free service along with the laptop, then you have to pay extra. sorry loser. I'd love to buy a new heavy flat screen TV from Best Buy, have them drive it home for me and set it up for free.

but sorry, you don't get everything free. oh and what's next?

you're gonna go grocery shopping and expect the people in the meat dept. to cook your meat for you?

Review
I ordered a $2,000 3-D Sharpe television online. After it shipped, but did not arrive within the stated time, I checked the tracking number and found that it was a link to Yellow Freight delivery and that Yellow Freight had no record of the delivery. I contacted Best...

BEST BUY

I PURCAHSED A LAPTOP FOR MY SON FOR CHRISTMS AND THE WIFI CARD WAS NO GOOD TOOK THE LAPTOP BACK SAID IT WOULD TAKE 2-4 WEEKS TO REPAIR. I PURCHASED THE PROTECTION PLAN,WHICH IS A JOKE YOU GET NOTHING FOR THE MONEY YOU SPEND.I WOULD TELL ANYONE TO PURCHASE A THING FROM THEM UNLESS THEY HAVE MONEY TO WASTE. I HAD TO SPEND $80 MORE DOLLARS FOR ANOTHER BRAND AND TYPE OF COMPUTER. THEY HAVE A VERY BAD ATTITUDE TOWARDS THEIR CUSTOMERS. THE WHOLE COMPANY NEEDS LESSONS ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY!!!

Which you are within the 15-30 day return policy instead of shipping it out to get fixed.

I will put money on this.. They will say the wifi switch was disabled, & everything tested ok..

Alan C

Your protection plan has nothing to do with the mfr warranty. The laptop goes to a regional repair center with the thousands of others from many sources.

a couple of weeks is normal. Where does it say any guarantee about turnaround time?

If you spent the warranty money and brought it to a local PC repair store you would have gotten better service and faster turnaround. Geek Squad doesn't hardware issues and certainly not those under warranty.

I love it when people type in all caps.

Seriously though, this is how the protection plan works on higher end electronics. They don't have the ability to just replace it right away.

By the way, a SERVICE plan is what you purchased and is therefore what you are receiving.

Had you purchased a REPLACEMENT PLAN, you would be getting just that. DURR!

Do you think that repairs are magic? things take time you can't just snap your fingers and expect something to be completed, Patience is a virtue...noob :grin

YOU KNOW I CHECKED ALL MY NOTES FROM THE LAST 20-25 YEARS AND STILL DON'T SEE WHERE I GOT AN INVITE TO THE MEETING THAT DECIDED YOU CAN'T TYPE IN CAPS..MY JOB DICTATES THAT I TYPE IN CAPS SO IF I SEND AN IM OR AN EMAIL OR GET ON A BLOG, GUESS WHAT IF PEOPLE CAN'T DEAL WITH IT THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM NOT MINE..SUCH A BIG PROBLEM FOR TINY PEOPLE

Maybe you are the problem, Not Best Buy. Just sayin.... :grin

Why do you say the plan is a joke? Aren't they fixing it as per the agreement? What did you think would happen?

Thanks for typing in all caps. That makes you look like an even bigger jack@ss than you already are.

View more comments (7)
Loss

Best Buy will take cash but wont give it!

I purchased a 40" Samsung TV for my wife for Christmas from Best buy in Danbury CT a week before Christmas and paid over a thousand dollars cash. I dont have a credit card. My wife lost her job that very same day. I brought the unopened box back to best buy so I could get the extra cash to buy my children's Christmas presents. Best Buy refused to give me my cash back but said they could send me a check but I wouldn't receive it till after Christmas. I had to leave the store with no TV and no money. That was my reward for being responsible and paying cash..I guess when I get my check I will have to pay a check cashing company a percentage because I dont have a bank account.. Thanks to Best Buy we had a terrible Christmas....

Dumb *** best buy did nothing wrong here it's a policy get with the people who made that *** and a check is like cash just CASH that *** and it's the same *** thing. Stop crying like a baby .

Also I'm pretty sure it's on the receipt ! Lol lol

Most stores have a policy of not refunding large amounts of cash; usually around $200 or so. So, no matter where you shopped, the same thing would've happened.

Maybe think before you buy things and maybe you wouldn't need to return them and you could avoid situations like this.

With all the negative comments at every place that people leave comments about best buy why would anyone even shop there?maybe someone should throw an after Christmas pity party for best buy shoppers.

So what your saying is that in order to do business with best buy I have to have to have a credit card or bank account. They should tell you that when you pay them cash.

They happily took my cash. I believe when someone pays cash they should receive cash back. It's that simple.

Just because I refuse to" get with the times " and put myself in debt like every American. Anyways, you can buy into that horse *** and when your credit card is maxed out and the bank siezes your money don't ask me for a buck.

Get with the times and get a free bank account like every other normal American.

Or you could get with times and have

1. A bank account.

2. A debit or credit card

3. Common sense. All Best Buy safes carry around 2 grand in cash 24/7. We have people who are hired solely to take money to the bank if we exceed 2 grand.

View more comments (5)
Loss
i hired geek squad from best buy to put a blocker on my computer they knowing i did not have wireless the geek squad comes out does absolutely nothing saying he cant put a blocker on unless i had wireless when best buy knew i did not. both are not getting my business...

What the *** is a blocker? No wonder they didnt do it right, theyre following requests of an ***.

Review

Best Buy won't refund your money

I purchased an "out of the box" 37" LG t.v. without a remote or an instruction manual. The t.v. had a terrible picture and very poor sound quality. I opened a Best Buy account after the salesman told me about all the bonus points and saving I would get for opening the account and if I paid it off within 30 days. The next week I went to the store and paid off the account. I went to the store today to buy a cable to help with the sound quality and it didn't plus the t.v. turned off and wouldn't turn on again. I got frustrated and took the t.v. and the cable back to the store tonight....they refused to refund my money and said I have to wait 7-14 days for a check in the mail since my purchase was over $500.... so they have the t.v. and my money and I have nothing. I will never go to a Best Buy store again. They had the nerve to offer a store gift certificate. Are you kidding me? I called their national customer service line and they said the same thing...company policy is no money back for purchases over $500...they wouldn't even credit my debit card. Never, never, never buy anything at "Best Buy"....it's the Worst Buy I ever made.
Patrick

even though I don't completely agree with how Best Buy handles a return like that.. you're still technically getting your money back. you see, a check can be cashed in for money or have the money put into your bank account.

Best Buy is doing the same thing to me and it is not an out of box t.v.

This is stealing and I will sue them in district court first thing Monday morning.

The only time you can't get money back is for cash purchases over 500. this makes no sense.

@Cohena2 Oh its gonna happen to you some day because it has happened to almost everyone at some point or another in their life. When you get burned by some corporate company that could care less about you I bet you will squeal just as loud.

Maybe it was their last one, but if its defective then they shouldn't sell out of the box products, unless they don't give a *** about their customers.

Thousands of complaints against BB...they took a bath this month and that just put a big smile on my face. Corporate greed and Best Buy.

You called a poster "***"? Wow, gatta love the keyboard...and the internet...

I'd pay $200.00 to watch you say that to anybody's face other than your family members. :)

cohena2

For one you bought an out of box TV which shows you're not only stup1d for doing so, but also very cheap. You never know what kind of shape or use out of box products have seen to.

Next ime don't try and be cheap and purchase an open box product.

Two if thats their policy then thats their policy. Quit whining like a little baby and deal with it.

View more comments (5)

Compare Best Buy vs Walmart

Latest Question

Best Buy Questions

Best Buy screws older employees

I've worked for Best Buy's corporate office for 18 years, through many head count reductions and once all of us having to apply for our jobs again to stay there. Suddenly, just before my 67th birthday I was moved to a department into a position I did not qualify for (40% difference in job means it has to be posted and people interviewed) with a new manager who was very controlling. A month after my birthday I suddenly began having shooting eye pain and after an MRI was put on drugs to control the pain. I didn't miss any work but five weeks later I was put on an action plan to get rid of me, lies were written on the Performance Evaluation and Action Plan by my manager. Nice way to destroy a career of 18 years of hard work, and it was done in a way that I'd receive no severence pay and they will fight any unemployment claim. What a wonderful company, they will throw you to the sharks if you are older and/or if you have a medical issue your manager doesn't want to deal with.

I'm sorry to hear that.