State: New Jersey Product: Best Buy Manager Clear all filters (10 of 217 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Best Buy Manager Misconduct

Best Buy in Union, NJ Worst Customer service. provided the receipt spoke with a manager Mr. Pedro Acevedo, he stated "we can't take this back because the pieces are missing" I specified well it was purchased in this store in that same order so I shouldn't be held accountable. Mr. Acevedo got nasty with me the customer and a patron of that Best Buy. Mr. Acevedo being Manager clearly didn't know the store policy. That states if an item is purchased by November 1st through the December 31st clearly is considered a Holiday Sale and an exchange should be honored.
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy bait and switch

I saw windows 8 pro on sale for $70. at best Buy, I thought this is too good to be true so I called their 800 number, they stated that this is the full version and not the upgrade. I was still hesitant and decided to get this in writing, so off to my local Best buy store, where they did state it was the full version too but refused to give me anything in writing....Now I'm getting suspicious. I write an email to Best buy support and flat out asked if this was a full version or the upgrade, they replied that this is indeed the full version. I made my purchase. Flash ahead and on Oct. 26th I get my disk in the mail. I open it and find "upgrade" on the bottom part of the disk! Back to the store to get my refund but what did I find out that the store manager ( I had to ask for the manager) stated that "It is a Federal Law" that I can not return the disks! This was a flat out lie! It might not be Best Buy's policy to accept open software but it is not a federal law or any law anywhere. I filed a complaint with my States Attorney General Consumer Complaint Division and another complaint with the FTC. Best Buy is still selling what they claim is a full version and sending out upgrade versions. If you were hood winked from Best Buy on your Windows * Professional disk then I urge you to file a compliant also. We the consumers need to get together on things like these scams and bait and switch tactics and see that Best Buy gets fined for ripping people off!! We can stop these corporations from abusing the consumer but we have to work together on this

Its funny how these Best Buy employees (mostly all teenagers) try to defend their less than honest company. There have been so many PROVEN deceptions that States'Attorneys had to get involved.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

File your complaints with your State Attorney's Office of Consumer Protection and continue to post on websites like this. Then send copies of the comments to the State'sAttorney's

Office.

I believe that these kids are given paid time to post on websites like these.

Office.

Buy it and find out yourself.

I find it very pathetic when best but employees get on here and feel the need to name call and act like little children isn't it? It must be a best buy employee because they are clueless about what they sell....as the last poster clearly shows

It's funny cause. The $69.99 version was the full version. Fool.

obviously Mr truth must be a best buy employee because he childishly reverts to name calling

wow, your an *** and you are wasting valuable resources on your mundane entitled life. GET OVER YOURSELF!

Doesn't it say right on the box whether it is the "upgrade" or "full version". All of Microsoft's previous operating systems have said right on the front of the box whether it was the "full" or upgrade version.

and to top it off tiger direct had the upgrade for $38.00 friday.

They told me three times it was the full version and then they sent the upgrade version. How is that not a Bait and Switch?

Just because it's best buy does not justify the means to deceive.

If people got together when corporations mistreat them then possibly we might get laws enacted to stop this type of business practice.

Since when should it be o.k. for any business to lie to their customers?

How is this bait and switch? It's pure idiocy on Best Buy's part, but what else did you expect?

It's Best Buy. Wouldn't they rather you pay for the full version because it's more money?

View more comments (9)
Loss

Best Buy in Brick Township, New Jersey - BestBuy @ Montgomeryville, PA, Worst Ever. Manager Bites!!

Jesse, the Manager at Best Buys, Airport Plaza, Montgomeryville, PA, is the worst in customer service. She is obscene, foul mouthed, loud, extremely rude, and a raging baffoon. Her defensive and ballistic attitude best fits fixing inanimate objects, not dealing with people. Any business would be sorry they did not fix a problem the first time. 5 visits later to the store over the same computer problem, I still have nice things to say about the good people at the GeekSquard. This frothing-at-the-mouth-testosterone-loaded Jesse character inspires extreme fear in customers. She precipitates and exacerbates crises.

Would you mind backing up your mindless chatter with some facts?

Best Buy in Woodbury, New Jersey - Managers treat their employees like ***

I just recently was at the best buy in springfield, pa returning something I did not need. The girl that helped me was so sweet and kind and even though she had been hassled by her previous customers she greeted me with a smile. I then saw a taller skinny man walk behind the counter to help with another issue. After he was done he said hi or talked to everyone around him except for this one girl. I was observing all this because I was waiting for my husband to go get the item we were exchanging. The man then walked passed her and said hi or had small talk with everyone around her. But she just stared out into the store. He did not even look at her. After he walked away she just hung her head down low and sighed. my husband finally came back with our exchange and I am a very nosey person so I asked her about it. she just shook her head and said she doesnt know. I then asked her who he was and she said he was her manager. I AM SHOCKED at the way that man singled out one employee and not talk to them for god only knows whatever reason. she looked so sad after he did not acknowledge her. she is an amazing worker and very helpful to her customers. she has genuine patience and a smile at all times. I am just shocked at the way HER manager acted like she didnt even exist when everyone surrounding her couldnt help but be around her. I hope that awful man makes her stronger instead of hurting her. he looks evil and if I ever need to speak to a manger I will refuse to talk to him.

Wow cohena2, are you perhaps, the coward manager described in the Best Buy, Springfield PA blog?? Only a shallow, unhappy, pathetic individual would treat others poorly to make themselves feel important. you are a sad excuse for a role model and part of the problem Americans face today.

cohena2

Nobody likes a nosey snitch.

cohena2

Nobody likes a nosey snitch.

cohena2

Nobody likes a nosy snitch.

Make it a point to sing her praises to that *** and comment on how unprofessional you found his behavior

View more comments (4)

Best Buy screws older employees

I've worked for Best Buy's corporate office for 18 years, through many head count reductions and once all of us having to apply for our jobs again to stay there. Suddenly, just before my 67th birthday I was moved to a department into a position I did not qualify for (40% difference in job means it has to be posted and people interviewed) with a new manager who was very controlling. A month after my birthday I suddenly began having shooting eye pain and after an MRI was put on drugs to control the pain. I didn't miss any work but five weeks later I was put on an action plan to get rid of me, lies were written on the Performance Evaluation and Action Plan by my manager. Nice way to destroy a career of 18 years of hard work, and it was done in a way that I'd receive no severence pay and they will fight any unemployment claim. What a wonderful company, they will throw you to the sharks if you are older and/or if you have a medical issue your manager doesn't want to deal with.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Ha. Sucks to be you.

View more comments (1)

Best Buy in Willingboro, New Jersey - Bestbuy in store customer service suck

I bought Asus Laptop for $749.00, as soon as I got home, I notice the crack on the screen, I then return the laptop (the very next day) to a best buy near my house (Easton Road, Willow Grove Pennsylvania). Sales associate/ or customer service refuse to refund or exchange defective Asus laptop because of the crack on the screen, (They basically told me TOUGH) their reason was "The box is in good condition" except ofcourse the screen is damage. I ask to speak to a manager, however, for some reason sales associate said that no manager is available and they will tell me the same thing. The conversation escalate into an argument, first because my laptop is a day old and they refuse to take back their defective product, they also decline to replace, refund or fix (A day old defective product), second, they were just very rude and unprofessional. I was very disappointed and upset with best buy in willow grove and I would never buy anything from them again. Never again Best Buy.

Lynn, yeah it was a big mistake, why didn;t I think of that? I should have ask them to set it up for me as well to make sure its a working computer, but then again, I was so cheap I did not want to pay terrible squad $99 dollars.

I own the laptop for 12 hours since I bought it at 5 pm and return it the next day to the nearest house.

Why would I return it to the same store if I can drive 5 mins from my house to get the same service from bestbuy store, aren't they working for the same company?

You sound exactly like bestbuy employees who blame consumers for your damage product. Employees, management and your terrible policies will be the very reason of your downfall.

Also, I have bought two laptops from Best Buy. Both times, they have opened up the box and checked that it was all okay.

Perhaps you're forgetting to mention that? Maybe it really WAS you who broke it.

Why didn't you CALL as soon as you realized it was cracked? And did you even return it to the same store?

We are not worstbuys enemy Simon, were the reason why your company thrived and us, customers, will also be the reason of worstbuy collapse, worstbuy will plummet like a rocket, and I can’t wait for that to happen.

"You're replies are juvanile and doesnt make sense."

My replies don't make sense? Coming from the person who wrote that sentence? LMAO!

Yep, I also work for Target and Wal-Mart. Actually, I don't even work in retail, but you can believe whatever you want.

Simon thanks for proving that bestbuy and their employees who work for them are an *** You're replies are juvanile and doesnt make sense. I understand that consumers who got rip off by worstbuy will not get any sympathy from you, but by golly please act like adult. By the way, unless your a CEO or an important shareholder of worstbuy, you're only a fly sitting in a pile of sh*.

Simon thanks for proving that bestbuy and their employees who work for them are *** You're replies are juvanile.

Ignore Simple Simon he works for Best Buy and is one of the best reasons to NEVER shop there.

"Simon, you probably bestbuy employee"

Well you probably 5 years old.

My goal is to tell everyone that I know of, I even posted it in my facebook wall, as well as notes, and twittters about my bad experience with worstbuy customer services and their return paolicy. and everyone on here who have had bad experience with them should do the same. Their sales associate and managers are rude and unprofessional.

Simon, you probably bestbuy employee, stop rubbing salt in the wound. I bought the laptop thinking it was in good condition, when I came home and open it, lense is crack. I did not damage it.

So you took your computer home, broke it, and expect Best Buy to hand you over another? Get real. Next time, take better care of your things.

View more comments (12)

Best Buy in Jersey City, New Jersey - Managers unfit to run the store

East Brunswick, NJStore sold me broken item,asked me to come in and place order for replacement, when visited store, manager was pissed to come out of the office so she didn't perform the exchange, asked me to leave the store because insisted. when called store manager,he refused to come to the phone. told him I know CEO Brian Dunn, he hang up the phone. went to different store and exchanged product. Since, i have retuned any Best Buy item I could and will never shop BestBuy again. Oh, my calls to Brian Dunn went unanswered. ASK their own employees, they tell you not to shop there.

I Managed retail stores for over 20 years. There are many unethical practices that go on and upper managers are well aware of it but deny it.

In Sales, it’s all about the numbers and profit margin. Extended warranty in additional services are the most profitable products retailers can sell and the more you sell, the better you look and the sooner you are promoted. THIS IS A SAD FACT OF RETAIL.

Simon might disagree with this, when a sales person gives you one price on a product and you look at your receipts and see 2items but your total is what you were quoted, that’s unethical practice. This practice is called bait and switch, in many states, this act is punishable by law.

If your sales person “packed” or tacked on additional service without your knowledge, you can certainly report that to your better business bureau and DA office. WORST BUY is best known for this, Black Tie………

Simon, just like the rest of you Worst Buy Managers, you judge customers based on their grammar and perhaps the color of skin and accent as well.

Yes, I do have Black hair and dark skin. But I can teach you proper English.

I bought a computer at Best Buy and declined all additional stuff they were trying to sell (geek squad etc..). The computer was at $699 and that's what I paid with the Best Buy credit card.

1 week later, I returned the computr. The CD ROM was not working. Whn I returned the computer, I realized that the sales rep at discounted the computer by $19.99 to add the geek squad for $19.99 so that the price was the same than what I expected but I had to pay for a monthly fee for the geek squad. The Mission Valley manager refused to reimburse me the $19.99 for the geek squd even though I returned the computer (I bought a Sony online instead) and even though I had not ordered that service in the first place.

2 months later, I still have not been reimbursed the $19.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After talking several times to supervisors on the phone, making a phone complaint. I was already told 3 times that the reimbursement has been issue yet the credit card has still a balance of $19.99 that I need to pay if I don't want to be charged interest! BEST BUY=WORST BUY. Will never buy there anymore.

Ah, on the phone, I was told that the store manager should have never refused to rimburse the computer and not the Geek Squad S--- that I never used or ordered!

best buy managers are a joke

Most customers arnt trouble until they have to deal with long waiting or unsatisfactory service! I had a best buy manager put his chin and chest in my husbands face after waiting to talk to a supervisor for 45 min. Lucky for him his manager came out and helped us and was quite easy to deal with so sometimes its the employee thats a problem.

I have worked in retail and customer service far to many years. The one thing I can tell you is that if the manager needs to come out and if you start claiming to know the CEO you are a problem customer.

I have never had issue returning or exchanging at best buy, however I tend to be polite and patient.

I am sure your buddy Brian would appreciate you bad mouthing his company on the internet.

If you know Brian Dunn, why did your phone calls go unanswered? Could it be you're a lying sack of ***?

Why should the manager have to come out and deal with you? He pays employees to tell customers they can't exchange the item they broke. It sounds like you weren't smart enough to understand what no means.

Unfit to run the store? Judging by your grammar, you are unfit to run a lemonade stand, so who made you the almighty? I'm sure you not shopping there is a win-win for everyone.

View more comments (6)

Best Buy in Livingston, New Jersey - Lied to me

I bought a iphone.At Best Buy. I was sold insurance for it. I accidentally drop it. I was told I would get a new iphone when I bought the insurance. But when you read the stuff I get a used one an have to wait on it. Now the used one has black spots on the screen and the battery doesn't last 3 or 4 hours ( depends on how much you use it ) So I went to the store to do something about it. I was ask to leave before I even opened my mouth. I was told I make them nervous, because I'm a Biker. Well The Chopper I ride is a $ 38,000.oo dollars Chopper. I'm real sure it isn't against the Law to be a Biker. I'm always clean. I never wear anything that has the Name of the Bike group I belong to. I won't even wear anything that say's Harley Davidson on it. The store manager told me when the first phone was broke. They don't want my kind in their store. HOW WOULD THEY KNOW MY KIND . THEY DON'T KNOW ME. I'M A RETIRED UNITED STATES MARINE. I need an apology, the iphone fixed, and if I was to decide to ever shop, in that store again, not to be followed, an treated like a criminal.

This is common sense. Why would they replace your phone with a new one if you dropped it?

Couldn't you just purposely drop the phone every couple of months and get a new one? Durrr

And yes I read a lot of complaints and I know your kind.

You're the retired veteran of 10 wars with PSTD, epiliptic, cancer patient, single mother with 6 kids and a retail store stole your money. It's a real tearjerker.

@Simon

Simon and you are a useless uneducated ***.

That's sad that happened. They shouldn't have asked you to leave if you wasn't doing anything wrong just because you look different.

Phone repairs there do take forever, so does the ones at other cell stores.

I had my phone go through a repair at Best Buy and my husbands at a T-Mobile store.

About the same amount of time. I didn't have to pay a rental fee at best buy for a loaner phone.

This G

If you want to raise a stink about it, I'd say go to your local news. I'm sure they'd love to hear a story about a major retailer in their local area that is so prejudiced and is profiling their customers.

Another note: the insurance for the phone does state that you would have to wait for a phone.

It's all promises up front but nothing but disappointment on the follow through.

Also, if you wanted your phone fixed instead of replaced, you'd have to shell out $150 for a "rental phone" for the 4-6 weeks your phone is out "getting fixed". I knew about these parameters before I paid for the insurance and got it anyway because I'm a clumsy person and don't want to be completely SOL if I drop my phone.

View more comments (3)

Best Buy Colma, Store Manager Mr. Richard

I went to Best Buy in Colma on the 1st of December and bought a Sony laptop. I spend 825.00 on that and when I took it home, the packing was missing the laptop battery. I thought that was a bit unusual and took it back to the store. This is what happened??? I went back to the same store and requested to talk to a manager. I explained him what happened and he tells me that he can not do anything about that. I was shocked, spended $825.00 buying this laptop and I can not even use it. The manager's name was Richard and I don't think he belongs there. I am a rewards member with Best buy and shop with them for years. If I had to buy something, the only place I went to was best buying but not anymore! After what I went through. The frustrating part was the way the manager talked to me. I request him if I could talk to someone higher then him. Mr. Richard tells me that he is the only one but that is not right, there should be someone higher then him. I felt that I was not treated right and this smart Manager tells me to call 911 if I needed help. A store manager tells me that. Few words about this 911 number is for emergence only and if a store manager does not know that then he is a danger to his co workers as well as his customers. I don't know how best buy picks this managers but I think that they need to work on that. I will never go back to best buy and I am sure that I will tell everyone what service I got at the Best Buy store in Colma, CA

So at what level would you be satisfied with the word NO? His boss?

His bosses boss? The CEO?

The President of the United States?

It sucks that this happened to you, but when a manager tells you no, you need to move on. His boss probably doesn't deal with customers and even if he did, he isn't going to side with you over his manager.

This G

2 things:

-Sounds like that manager was a *** so that's the normal kind of manager at best buy

-Was the laptop factory sealed or was it opened and re-sealed when you bought it? Factory sealed laptop would mean you would have to talk to Sony about it.

View more comments (1)

All Best Buy Contacts

Best Buy Reviews

Best Buy reviews

Best Buy in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Bad Management Customer Service

I know his first name is David and he is the operation finance manager is what we were being told. This Best Buy just open it is store # 1768. He was very rude and did not want to honor an ad that was displayed by the product. We had the salesperson agree to the ad and two other managers agree to honor the ad. If it wasn't for Jamaal and Michael we probably won't be going back as Best Buy customers. David also at one point just refused to talk to us and was very disrespectful to myself and my wife. I just don't understand how someone can be so rude and work in retail. He wasn't willing to work with us and just told us we are done with this conversation and walked off (while my wife was still talking). I enjoying shopping at Best Buy and I know the customer doesn't train it's employees especially managers to treat their customers like that. Thanks to your two other managers we will continue to shop at Best Buy but employees like David will keep them away.

Guillen84,

David only walks away from customers who are cussing at him. Maybe if you pulled your head out of your *** and started acting like an adult, you would be treated like an adult.

Just a suggestion. :p

this sounds like a pissed off employee, and im sory you got the brunt of it. I have seen some best buy managers bend over bacwards to make the customer happy. Being a non comishion sales team most of what they do is for you but prices are very hard to change because they arn't marked up for hagaling.

laptops are package very securely, for a cracked screen to come out of the box it would be hard to believe. now could it have one, everything is possible.

But without a protection plan the manufacture and the store will not replace the item. I work in a computer store and have never seen a screen broken right out of packaging, only dropped or impact by a customer.

Today in the morning I saw an add online about a computer they had on stock at the above best buy, however when I went there and told them the price that I saw online the Operations Manager Joe claimed that that is the price for a refurbished item, I reviewed the SKU of the product and it matched the one on line, I decided to call customer relations which I must admit they were really nice and they tried to talk the manager out of his stupidity but also failed miserably. I used to purchase at least 20 grand each year on that *** store. Not anymore.

I recently purchased a laptop HP from Best Buy. It had a cracked screen and it did not turn on.

The store said i damaged the computer.

They have the scam all set up within management. They will not take your returns...Buyer Beware...Worst experience in retail ever

Best Buy is the worst store you can ever deal with..Sales and Service are two different animals.Buyer Beware..Never again.

View more comments (5)