BEST BUY Reneged on a senior citizen

2.6
BEST BUY Reneged... I'm a senior citizen I want JUSTICE! On Dec 8th, 2015 I called Best Buy to report my Gift Card had been stolen. During the call it was discovered that the thief was in the process of ordering 2 games of war Xbox bundles. That order was Canceled, the Gift Card Frozen and I was assured that I would receive a New Gift Card Replacement for the full amount of $850.00. As it turns out while the cancellation was taking place the thief re-ordered the merchandise stealing 781.68 on the gift card, the X-boxes were shipped to him in Brooklyn. Upon discovering this I was told by Best Buy that I would receive a refund only if I made a formal complaint with the police department and only when a detective called Best Buy to inquire the details etc. Detective Joe Randino of Keyport NJ Police Dept investigated the theft during the early month of March 2016. I spoke to Detective Randino he will turning over his discoveries to the Brooklyn Police Dept with this information I called back Best Buy who informed me that yes even though the merchandise was Canceled, the Card Frozen and the theft reported THEY (Best Buy) will NOT be refunding the 781.68 since the merchandise was Sent and Delivered even though the Order had been Canceled. ...it is their policy that a Gift Card is considered by them as cash, it was used and can not be refunded. HELP! I have all the details case #'s etc. and Detective Randino is aware of Best Buy reneging on their promise- What can we do? Please help us? Thank you Peace

I had the EXACT thing happen to me with a $400 gift card. Unbelievable how they treat their customers so poorly.

Review
#820246 Review #820246 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Gift Card
Pros
  • I stopped shopping at best buy
Cons
  • Lack of respect
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • gift card fraud

Fraudulent!!! The points cost way more than the prize. But then they never sent the prize. | Best Buy in Newark, New Jersey

They charged an initial fee. Then I bought points and began to bid on a $100 gift card to Best Buy. It wound up costing about $200 for this $100 gift card and I considered it a lesson learned. But then I never received the Gift card. Several months later I was on the phone with BidSauce and given a royal runaround. First they said it was being mailed that week. For weeks that was what I was told. They kept saying they were a little backed up. After many months, they began to say that they had a different problem. They claimed that the gift cards came from a merchant who hadn't paid up. They continued to run their auctions but claimed that they couldn't use the money they were making to pay for my gift card. That was supposed to be from a different source who didn't come through. What hog wash!!! They told me to keep waiting as they were trying to work it out. It has been almost 2 years and I have long since given up on ever getting my gift card. PLEASE DO NOt PATRONIZE THIS SITE- YOU WILL GET THE SHAFT. FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED!

This has nothing to do with Best Buy.

First of all, how is this Best Buy's fault?

Secondly, who doesnt know that all those point auctions sites are complete scams? You're probably the type that sends $2000 to a Nigerian prince.

View more comments (1)

Return policy for gift card | Best Buy in Newark, New Jersey

I purchased a gift card on BestBuy.com and picked it up in my local store. Tried to return or exchange unused gift card just to find out that it was non-returnable! Now I am out $100 because I bought a Sony e-reader gift card and the recipient no longer has the reader. Card was not "scratched" or anything. It was completely untouched. BAD BUSINESS!! I called customer service who called the store and I was conveniently disconnected. When I called back, I was told that there would be an extended wait time. I should have been told about the return policy BEFORE they took my money.

Agreed. You are a ***.

If you want my opinion, read "so sad"'s response again. I couldn't have said it better.

Every 1 minute an *** is born and you're proof. No store allows you to return a gift card.

EVERY retailer has an all sales final policy on gift cards.

It's not Best Buys fault you're a complete *** ***. Please don't breed because the world can't afford to support anymore *** like you.

@So sad

^you sir are an ***

View more comments (3)

Worst Buy, even worse service | Best Buy in Jersey City, New Jersey

I purchased a Best Buy computer and a year and half later I needed to bring it in to their "Geek Squad" because it wasn't powering up. After waiting two weeks I was told it was the mother board and it wouldn't be cost effective to fix. While I was waiting for them to run my credit card two other people had come up and were told the exact same thing as I was, "it's your mother board, not cost effective to replace". They charged me $70 and sent me on my way. I just had a gut feeling that I was being taken. I brought the computer to a small computer shop in my home town. Come to find out it was actually the power module that required replacement. Total charge parts and labor $65. Needless to say I was pissed. I called the Best Buy store immediately and in so many words was told tough ***. I wrote letters to their customer service department, no reply. I even managed to do some research and got the CEOs contact info and sent a letter, no reply. Needless to say I haven't stepped foot into Best Buy since, that was over five years ago. In this time of mass consumer volume business, stores like Best Buy don't give a *** about customer service. I don't despise much in this world, unfortunately I do despise Best Buy. I wish they would have gone under instead of Circuit City. Nearly forgot, last year someone purchased an air conditioner as a gift for me. I took it out of the box put it in the window, all it did was blow ambient air, the compressor would not turn on. Asked them where they purchased it so I could return it, you guessed it Best Buy.

Walmart knows jack *** about electronics!! good luck lol

Just because you dont see a girl working in Geek Squad in one store doesn't mean there are no girls in the Geek Squad in other stores. That is rediculous to say that you don't know why they put girls in the add under Geek Squad...are we not an equal oppertunity country?

As far as your problem goes to having the computer charged 70 just to be diagnosed.. I completly agree that is a lot of money just to say "oops cant fix it" and of all things to have the wrong information about it needing to be fixed. Did you talk to thier general manager? Unfortunatly mail doesn't seem to get points across anymore.

Walmart is good for groceries and odds and ends, they usually offer a lot of good prices on things of that nature but as far as installations and getting a personalized set up for the electronics I would not go to anyone else but Best Buy. I have never had a problem with service at a Best Buy but I suppose different stores different people.

Good luck with your future purchases but I deff. recommend raising the issue with the GM at the local store.

Walmart blows for electornics.

Yeah like I'm gonna buy a television or video game console from some retard in the electronics dept. with his name tatooed on the side of his neck and wearing 5lbs of gold chain itching his ***. Yeah, EVERY Walmart I've been to employs those types of retards into their low paying associate store positions.

BTW....sorry to hear about your frustration from the "Geek Squad" .....having a computer background and knowing ppl that worked for the Geek Squad, i can say that Best Buys PC maint. policies are usually spot-on with your local PC repairman. They are a bunch of good guys (yeah, guys....I don't think I've EVER seen a girl in the Geek Squad dept at a Best Buy. Not sure why they put Geek "girls" in their paper ads and commercials...makes no sense) who do a great job fixing computers. I'm located in the Columubus, OH area and haven't had a problem with any Best Buy stores.

Sorry about your luck!

At least Walmart listen to its customers..maybe that is why they are so big....now who is calling someone a duma$$ redneck...*** ***...

You wont be missed keep goin to walmart for all your electronics needs just as every duma$$ redneck does.

View more comments (4)