Bought an HP ENVY x360 from Best Buy that had numerous hardware problems straight out of the box. The "Geek Squad" wanted to take two weeks to send it to Kentucky for "diagnostics" and could not promise that the machine would be fixed. Couple of problems with this:

First, it's 2018. Few working people can afford to be without a computer for two weeks. Glibly informing me that they're going to take it for two weeks, may not even fix it, and if I don't like it I can go to *** is not $200 service. $200 is not enough to even give a loaner tablet for two weeks? Sorry, I don't buy it.

Secondly, when I paid for this Geek Squard "protection plan," I was told that if anything ever went wrong they would either fix or replace it. I was not told that if anything ever went wrong, they would send it to Kentucky for two weeks to be diagnosed so it could maybe, possibly, if I pay them some more money, be fixed. They need to be upfront with you about the fact that they can't actually fix anything in the store before they sell you this $200 crap plan, but I guess people wouldn't buy it if they did that, and that would cut into their profits which is clearly the worst thing that could possibly happen. Much worse than telling a paying customer to either leave their computer with you for two weeks or go away, I guess.

I will not be using the pathetic "protection plan" again and will be attempting to get a refund for the remaining time on the plan. I will never purchase a product from Best Buy again and would recommend against anyone else doing so. They give you pre-broken products, overcharge you for a protection plan, then give you some BS excuse to not fix it in a reasonable amount of time. Pathetic and greedy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Replacement of laptop that was defective from manufacturer..

Best Buy Cons: Customer service not willing to help or follow up.

Comments