This issue is going on a month now.I ordered a vacuum cleaner from them, simple right?

Supposed to be 2 day shipping, I received it a week later. Ok I could deal with that. When I received the vacuum, and went to put it together, half of it was missing. There was no handle, no hose, at least 3 of the attachments were missing, and no instruction manual.

I immediately called them and spoke with DARRYL. He apologized out the wazoo, said he would ship a new one out expedited, and send me a gift card for my inconvenience. I told him skip the card, I just want the vacuum. He also was to send me a return label for the half of vacuum that I received.

He said I would receive the replacement vacuum on Friday March 31st. Friday came and went. So I waited till Monday evening, still no vacuum. Called customer service again to find out where the shipment was.

The customer service agent looked it up and said the order had been canceled. She didn't know why or when it was canceled. She proceeded to tell me that she could not send another one because of the cancelled status on the order. ????

She said she would issue me a return label, I could send it back, wait for a credit on my account, and then order another one. Are you kidding me???? So I asked to speak with a supervisor. After waiting 20+ minutes to speak with a "supervisor", and listening to her tell me over and over that I have to return this one and start the process all over again.

The "supervisor" was aware of the situation when she finally took my call. She too apologized, and stated the exact same thing. I told her, that this was their mess up, not mine. What are you going to do to make this right?

Again with the gift card thing. I repeated that I do not want anything for free, I just want the vacuum that I ordered, complete, with no excuses. I told her that this was going on a month since the original order was placed, and asked her if she would like to go a month without vacuuming her house?? She again apologized (seems like that's all they know how to do, is apologize and issue gift cards, which never come either).

She said she would issue a return label for the vacuum. I asked her if I could return the vacuum to a best buy store and exchange it, also letting her know that the closest best buy was 60 miles away from where I live. She encouraged me to do that, she said it would be quicker that way. I asked her to issue the label anyway just in case there were any problems.

When I hung up with her, I called the nearest best buy. 58.9 miles away from me, and spoke to the store manager. She told me that they could not exchange the vacuum because it was ordered from bestbuy.com. And yes she apologized.

This is after I explained the whole situation to her. Also on their website it states that you can return and thing ordered through bestbuy.com to any store, and they will exchange it, or refund your money. More lies! I called best buy back and spoke with yet another "customer service rep.".

I again explained what was going on and said I want the return label now, not in 48 hrs. which is what the supervisor said it would take. Guess what, he apologized too, imagine that. He issued the return label, and mentioned the gift card again.

I told him in no uncertain terms, that I did not want their lousy gift card! I will never do business with best buy again, ever! The closest UPS drop box to me is 20 miles away and the package is to big for them to take, so I had to call for a pick-up. It says the pick up charge is $15.30.

And there may be additional charges when the driver picks it up! This by far is the worst experience I have ever had with any company, ever! And I am a small business owner myself. It blows my mind that they didn't immediately try to make this right.

I've dealt with hundreds of companies, no questions asked they replace their product, and often times tell you to keep the messed up one. Like I said before, I am not looking for anything from them, just fix the mistake they made, with as little stress as possible to the customer. We're talking a $182.00 vacuum here. I shop in best buy a lot, but like I said, I will never again give them my business, nor will a lot of people I know.

And from what it sounds like, there are a lot of people out there who feel the same way. So now I wait for the pickup, and wait to get the credit returned to me. The stress and frustration this situation has caused, far out weighs the cost of the vacuum.

All together my total contact with customer service for this issue has cost me close to 4 hours of my time, and they sill just apologize.All I can say is Shop wisely everybody, and remember Walmart stands behind EVERYTHING they sell, no hassles, no problems!

Review about: Shark Vacuum.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Best Buy Shipping Service
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Every aspect of this order / Not specified
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Submit review

Comments

MattD78
I have worked for numerous online retailers and I have NEVER heard of a company saying "keep the messed up one we'll send you a new one".
bubbasbabe2
123 ponds sent a broken 8000 gallon pond filter top was cracked, sent new one no prob kept first one. Also ordered basketball Hoops game through Walmart for Christmas, the strap to connect it to the backboard was nonexistent, called the manufacturer, they sent a new net and didn't want the original back. A good company makes right on what they sell you, period.