State: Nevada City: Las Vegas Product: Best Buy Manager Clear all filters (3 of 217 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy customer service

I bought a GPS unit at Best Buy in Chula Vista California when i got home and opened unit it had a damaged screen when i tried to return it the manager "Lord Francis" that is the actual name on his ID tag told me he could do nothing for me as i could not prove it was damaged when i purchased it he told me that my only option was to contact Garmin and as far as he was concerned i was stuck with the damaged unit. I should have known as soon as i saw the name "Lord Francis" that things would not go well it lived up to that name in (lack of) service and lousy attitude I will never go back to that store and I'm telling everyone I can about this and to stay away also

I Work For Best Buy. Thats Not The Way We Run Things.

You Have A receipt Will Take It Back Or Exchange It. What He Did Doesn't Follow Our Company Protocol.

You need to contact his District manager. I have workeed in retail management for 20 years and companies DO get credit from companies like Garmin.

It always gets to me how some store managers have to make it bad for those of us that KNOW that its not our money that we are dealing with and the returns process should be so much smoother. You can call the store and request the name of "Lord Francis's" district manager, and if he is unable to help you go further up the chain until you are satisfied!!!

View more comments (1)
Loss

Best Buy Sham

I took my home PC to best Buy for repair (because I bought it there along with thousands of dollars in other purchases). The computer would power up but nothing showed up on the screen. I was working two full time jobs and did 60 college credits in one year soooo was kindaaa busy. They finally told me to come pick it up or they'd junk it. I paid the repair/eveluation bill but declined a few other "suggestions" just like when you get your oil changed. I got it home, plugged it in.. Nothing. It was EXACTLY like it was prior to taking it in. Best Buy said "its been too long, repairs can't be warrantied that long," even though it had only left their store that DAY. They refused to do anything without an additional repair/evaluation fee of about 70 bucks. I told them to take a leap. I went to Electronic City fully prepared to buy another computer and while shopping for one, their repair folks came and got me telling me it was a loose video card and it works fine. They charged me zip.. zero.. nada...Its still working fine to this day. If I ever but something puter-ish again, it won't be at Best Buy. I spent thousands there... big screens.. surround sounds .. digital cameras.. PDAs.. yada yada.. hope they enjoyed the 70 bucks, it'll be the LAST DIME they ever get from me. BTW, I called their store manager, corporate on and on. I basically got told to *** off (but they were tossing my salad nicely while they did it). Need more info? e-mail "flapsdwn@aol.com" I hope I'm not being overly vague on how I feel about them.
Review
#119000 Review #119000 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy Store #358 Bad Customer Service

As Written to their Corporate Headquarters: I just recently had a less than positive experience with a floor manager by the name of Aaron in Store #358, 611 Marks St. in Henderson, Nevada. I tried to replace a Camcorder for my 65 year old mother who had purchased it with a 4 yr extended warranty. The model of camera she purchased, Sony DCR-TRV-22, suffered a CCD chip factory recall and the symptoms related to the recall were consistent with the problem her camera was experiencing. When I tried to explain why we were wanting to exchange the camera for a different brand of the same value, Aaron refused to help. He only insisted that he can sell me another camera while I waited for 6 weeks for the service department to determine whether the camera can be repaired. I told him it was a defective part that Sony recalled and was not repairable. That my mother wished to have a different brand of camera of the same value. Aaron did not look at the receipt of purchase or look at the 4 year plan. He did not ask to see any of the documents I had in my hand. He only told me to stand in line at the service department to have the camera repaired and he'd sell me another camera. I explained that it was unnacceptable. I told him that it wasn't completely out of the ordinary for Best Buy to honor the request I was making as it was done in the past by another member of my family at a location in Southern California. In that particular instance, the customer was escorted by the floor manager to the camera department where he helped the customer locate another brand of camera of equal value. Aaron's response was, "Well, take it to that store then." I told him that his response was rude and unprofessional and a return policy should be honored. Aaron refused. This entire conversation took place in the front of the store. I was noticeably unhappy with the outcome. The greeters, who check receipts at the entrance were in earshot during the conversation and with a condescending tone and a smirk told me to have a nice day while I was on my way out. I turned to them and instructed them that not only is it unprofessional to address a customer to have a nice day when they can see that the customer is obviously upset but it is rude to say it when they didn't mean it and as if it were funny that the customer were unhappy. One of the greeters then stepped into my personal space as if to try to intimidate me and told me I had to lower my voice. I told the greeter, as I was leaving the store, that his behavior was going to be included in my report to corporate. Then I heard him say again, mockingly, "Have a nice day." (I don't need to go into how really angry that last comment made me. I'm sure you can put yourself in my place and just imagine.) Normally, I do not bother writing corporate offices when I have a bad experience in a business. I just simply never shop there again and, when the topic comes up, tell everyone I know my experience and encourage them not to do business there. But the behavior of these employees and the attitude of the floor manager at this particular location incited me so much, that I felt compelled to write you hoping that someone can investigate this type of unprofessional behavior. I'm sure that this is not what your corporation or any corporation expects from their employees who represent their business at the public level. Sony Corporation has agreed to replace the camera at no expense. Their support service was exemplary and I have already informed them as much. It's too bad that my experience at Best Buy was so sour that I will probably never walk into that store ever again. And will be very hesitant to shop at Best Buy even if it were a different location.

Contact Best Buy Customer Service