State: Missouri Product: Best Buy Manager Clear all filters (8 of 217 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
we bought a Kitchen Aid dishwasher and double oven at the St. Peters Mo. store. We also bought Best Buy installations for both. A guy was supposed to come between 8 and 12, it is now 3pm and still no one. we called Best Buy several times during the day and got onwhere....
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy - Manager Review from Kansas City, Missouri

I would like to file a complaint w/Best-Buy in St.Charlesd Mo. I went to Best-Buy this weekend 1/24 and took my computer w/me since it had been dropped by my grandkids while I was in out of town, as I work out of town. When I got home this weekend from work ( at Ford Motor Co) I told my wife that we have a lot of computer work to do as our employer "Ford" is changing there process and we have to learn it. So she explained that a couple of the grandkids had been using it and that they were on the deck and somehow it fell from the deck, so I took it to Best-Buy since I knew I had the BlackTie warrinty. But after going to Best-Buy and the manager " Greg Coleman telling me that this would not be covered and I asked why and he first said that I did not buy it at that store and I replied that I did purchase my origninal computer from there and that maybe that perticular computer was picked up from the Kansas City store as I work and live there since they closed my home plant in St.Louis. He told me that I needed to take it back there then and I explained that I still live in St.Charles also, that we still own our home there also. I keep the KC adress and my wife carries our St.Charles address since Ford required us to have an address there incase of paper work that could come. Then the manager "Greg Coleman" said that well it looks likle you have had a few returns on computers and were not going to be able to cover this since it looked kind of strange that you have had a few computers w/serious issue and I explained that we (my wife and I) had a lot of grand kids that age from 5 to 14 yrs. of age and when they come over the first thing they want to do is get on the computer,cell phones, or the nexus. They want online. I usually tell them to either get the nexus or there parents phone not the computer. Now when I say a lot of grandkids I mean a lot, between the two of us we have 17 or 18. Now a couple are toddelers so I dont worrty bout them yet but the others are all school age and they no how to do the net or download a game or 2 and my wife and I argue about it at times and I'm either at work or busy. Anyway, I always make sure to purchase the best Black Tie warrinty with my computer for those strange times. But your manager "Greg Coleman emplied that I was doing something a little strange since I've had to replace a few. Well he did'nt say anything about all the other electronics we've purchased from Best Buy that I've had no issue' with like the 2 or 3 Acers I purchased or the 55 in. Insignia that I had ex warrinty on and they've never had to come out for, or all the small flat screens I bought for some of the grandkids. Best Buy is the one that pushes an extended warrinty on the consumer, there like " it covers anything, your fault our fault, nobodys fault. it's covered. I believe you's no what I'm talking about. I have always told every BB store rep that I have a lot of grand kids a they are tough on things. There's quite a few things I've purchased that either just ran out of warrinty or it expired and then shot craps, "as it happens to everyone". So I was pretty upset when that your young store mngr of yours implied that I damaged this product. And of course there were store costomers standing everywhere and I told him that Best Buy never has a problem pushing an extended warrinty on me but that I have been a little reluctant to buy a new one, "just because" and there like you know your "going to need it" so I do buy it, every time. Oh, he did offer me a refund on my extended warrinty, a pro rated one and I told him I have never paid a pro rated price for an extended warrinty and as I was leaving he blurted out that, "that was all he was going to do" !!
Reason of review
Warranty issue

Best Buy in Joplin, Missouri - Inappropriate downloads during repair

I took my son's laptop to Bestbuy in Joplin, MO for repairs in mid-July. The computer needed a new hard drive and new battery. When I picked up the computer and brought it home, my son noticed several inappropriate things in the browser. Things like "how to please your man sexually," "cutting videos," "sexual toys," etc. I took the computer back to the store and demanded answers. They searched the history and discovered that these sites were viewed while the computer was at the Bestbuy service center. I mean, really??? How idiotic are your employees that they are not smart enough to delete the web browser? The only good thing out of this is the store manager, Rodney, was very apologetic and worked hard on trying to resolve the issue. Of course, I am very angry and upset that my 13 y/o child had to be exposed to this inappropriate stuff and that I had to take my time, my gas and my $$$ to drive an hour each way, twice in one week to deal with this. I hope they figure out who did this and that person loses their job. I expected a lot more from Bestbuy and we will never shop at one of their stores again.

That's is pretty sad that they would search that on a customer computer. Unreal. Good luck on getting it all resolved.

Thats smart... you know I heard once that a teacher said some inappropriate things in class once so you should stop sending your kid to school.

Same logic you just used. Petty.

Well at least he will now know how to please his male friends. He will be quite popular!

@Nohomo

No need to be talking about a 13 year old boy like that. That is sick.

I call b.ullshit on this review!

I wonder if it is actually the son that viewed these sites and is afraid to tell the parents. Come on a 13 year old knows a lot more about these things now than when we did when we were 13.

View more comments (5)
Review
#520944 Review #520944 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy in Wentzville, Missouri - Worst customer service

I visited the Best Buy on Thf Blvd in Chesterfield, MO to get two game consoles and games for my sons. I asked one of the employees if they could price match another major retailer's price when the item is the same, but the color is different. He spoke with a manager and the manager said okay. I grabbed two game consoles and the games and followed the employee to check out to complete the purchase. The employee went online and check the prices and then left to speak with the manager again. Upon his return, he told me that they can match the game prices, but not the consoles as the color is not the same. I asked him why the color matters as both the other retailer and best buy sell all the colors for the same price. He just said "it is company policy". I wanted to speak with the manager and after waiting for him for ten minutes, a supervisor named Jessica came and informed me that the manager is feeding his son so she could help me. The manager not only brought his son to his workplace, but also feeding him during working hours and ignores a customer request to meet with him/her to resolve an issue. Anyways, I explained the issue to the Jessica the supervisor and she said they could not match the price because of the color difference. It just did not make sense to me so I informed her that I wanted to wait for the manager. She said the manager already said no to the price match and that there is no reason to speak with him/her. Long story short, this was my last visit to Best Buy due to bad customer service and untrained workforce. I assume the manager could resolve the issue if I got the chance to speak with him/her in person rather than communicating through couple of inexperienced employees. I am sure there are other companies that will appreciate my business. Thanks for reading.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but when it comes to anything in retail color is important. If I as a retailer have anything; a game console, a car, a rug and one particular color is not selling that is what I will put on sale.

If my pink Nintendo DS isn't selling I'll put that on sale. But why should I put the white or black on sale when they sell just fine? Now I do agree if one manager already said OK that should have been the end of it.

Any other manager or supervisor should have just chalked it up to misunderstanding and in the name of customer service given the discount. I agree with that, but alot of people may think color is no big deal and I can tell you having worked in retail something seemingly as trivial as color makes a big deal.

@Bearer of bad news

Per the original post, it sounds like all colors were on sale. After reading so many horror stories about BB, I will make sure to avoid them.

His son is more important than a whiney *** such as yourself

@You are an ***

No, not while he is working. Customer comes first during work hours.

I had a similar experience at another Best Buy store. They should just say we can not match that price without giving bs reasons. The person commented before me is most likely Jessica the supervisor or another BB employee.

View more comments (4)
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy in Saint Louis, Missouri - I was ripped off, but I am fighting back - www.bestbuycomplaintsunleashed.com

I purchased a 22 inch Westinghouse television for my 85 year old mother; it was missing parts and did not work. I have my receipt; I attempted to take it back to the best buy store immediately. The manager told me I had to contact Westinghouse and get the missing parts before they would take it back. I had my attorney contact them and I was able to get the contact info for the Corporate Execs with Best buy. I put up a site to try and help others with this same type of problem. www.bestbuycomplaintsunleashed.com I am convinced that this is happening on a massive scale, most people don't have a way to fight back, but if I get enough complaints I do know class action law firms. And I have the contact and email addresses for BestBuy's top execs. Jim St. Louis, Missouri

Si, Si - he's our guy. Tell 'em Simon.

I don't think your work load will ever lighten up. Tough break, pal.

Sounds like a BS story made up to get people to PAY to join his site. This guy can't do any more than anyone else can.

don,t buy junk like westinghouse and you will have less trouble and stay out of bestbuy, you will get better service from commission sales people(they actually want you to come back)

best buy

Update - 9-12-2011 BestBuy gave me a television today that cost almost double what the one I purchased cost. Not only did they replace it, one of their managers Damon Marquis from Best Buys Mid Rivers store delivered it to my home.

That is what happens when you know how to contact the right people, when nobody at the company will put you in touch with the corporate execs. Little did they know i have access to information that everyone does not have. If you file a legitimate complaint here I will personally make sure it ends up in the right hands.--- I purchased a 22 inch Westinghouse television for my 85 year old mother; it was missing parts and did not work. I have my receipt; I attempted to take it back to the best buy store immediately.

The manager told me I had to contact Westinghouse and get the missing parts before they would take it back. I had my attorney contact Best Buy Corporate. I was able to get the contact info for the Corporate Execs with Best buy. I put up this site to try and help others with this same type of problem.

www.bestbuycomplaintsunleashed.com I am convinced that this is happening on a massive scale, most people don’t have a way to fight back, but if I get enough complaints I do know class action law firms. And I have the contact and email addresses for BestBuy’s top execs. If you file a complaint here, I will do my very best to get you justice, I will send your complaint to Best Buy, to attorneys, to the BBB and even the Attorney General.

Jim St. Louis, Missouri

Jim S

I don't know slick sounds like you work for best buy. its principal to me I have the money, I don't mind wasting it, it’s mine to do as I please, I did consult an attorney and you will see a lawsuit for my $186.01 and Brian Dun or his attorney will be served.

you see I have the money to waste. and I will help anyone if I can. i would like to turn everyones complaints over to a class action firm. but i'm a ***.

what have you been able to do with your life. me I get the job done, I can show you rather than tell you and I don't call names or make threats

Please be advised that the person "complaining" about his treatment at BestBuy (who told him to follow the instructions included with the product as retail stores don't carry every part for every item they sell, nor do they manufacture the items they sell), set up a website that costs YOU money to join. If you have a problem with BestBuy, contact managers and corporate headquarters, the BBB, or your Attorney General. Don't waste money on a website that promises nothing and no recourse; it's just another place to complain and read complaints, and not for free.

You're a ***.

View more comments (6)
Best Buy Manager

I was ripped off by Best Buy, but I am fighting back www.bestbuycomplaintsunleashed.com

best buy

Jim St. Louis, Missouri

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy has very poor customer service - I was ripped off, but I am fighting back

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy in Saint Louis, Missouri - Dishonest and rude managers. Read the fine print Sucker!

I was in the market for the new computer was willing to spend $800 to $1600 for a decent computer. I found what appeared to be a great deal. I bought a computer for $900 and if the specifications were accurate then this computer was a great deal. I took it home and it stunk. Ran horribly and could handle programs that my 4 year old desktop can run smoothly. I took it back and The supervisor talked me into buying a model that cost about $300 more. I was assured that if this didn't work I could bring it back and get a FULL REFUND. Ofcourse when I tried the computer out is was almost as bad as the first on purchased. I brought it back and they said I could either spend another $600 on a model that would "surely" work. OR I could get a refund but I would be charged %15 fee. I told them I was gaurenteed a return with no fee if I was unhappy with this new computer. I must admit that the girl at the service desk was actually polite and respectful but she said firmly that she can not over ride the policy. At this point I asked to speak with a manager. I waited for almost 40 minutes before he came over and before I could explain myself he just chuckled and said borishly "sorry dude you should have read the fine print" and then turned away and chuckled again. I calmly explained to him I would not have sunk more money into another computer if I was going to be charged a fee. He wouldn't listen and Now i am down almost 200 bucks.

To tech adviser(I'm sure) and Kye

You draw your conclusions with out any fact. That makes you ignorant, unintelligent or more likely BOTH.

More specifically: the software was bought the same day. BRAND NEW! So are you trying to tell me something just released this summer is out to old? PLEASE! You are dismissed ( you can continue to fail at life. Carry on)

And did I remove the trials and junk? I guess you have already decided. Of course I did. Techadviser you are just as lame as Kye. I believe you should get your mommies permission before posting moronic comments on the internet.

If any one else has any doubt as to me complaint then by all means continue to shop at Bestbuy (worst buy more like it). Were service is nonexistent and quality is NONE.

First of all your 4 year old computer is running XP

right? Theres one reason your XP software won't work

on your VISTA computer. It's a diffrent OS so of course it's not

going to work. Know what your talking about if your going to

complain.

It would help a little if we knew the make and model of laptop you are speaking about, too.

I don't suppose anyone ever offered to remove the spyware/adware out of your computer and optimize it either, right? :x

Did you clean all the trials and ad junk off of your computer? If not, then it's probably running around 60-70 processes when it should be running 30-35.

That's your own fault for being an *** that doesn't know how to properly own a computer.

View more comments (3)
Review
#120585 Review #120585 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Best Buy Customer Service