Customer service and product availability | Best Buy review from Westland, Michigan

Went to purchase an Oculus Rift at my local Best Buy yesterday. They had one available but not the hand controllers or the 3rd sensor sold separately. This is the 3rd time in 2 months I went looking for a product at Best Buy only to be told they didn't have it in stock. The reason I go to Best Buy rather purchase from Amazon is 1) I can see the product before purchasing and 2) I can get the product immediately. They seem to not care about either of these concerns - but I am sure this is the reason that anyone would buy from them as opposed to going online. They keep very little stock to keep costs down. They need to keep costs down because they are losing business. They are losing business because of online sales but ALSO because they keep very little stock. I will be glad to see this franchise fail - it is soon coming. So I decided to contact their online chat people. Here's the conversation: (only modifications were to remove my email address and correct a couple of my typing errors) Welcome to Geek Squad Remote Support, we will be with you shortly. Note that this session may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance purposes only. Agent Jim G. [12:50 PM] : Thank you for contacting Geek Squad Online Computer Support, my name is Agent Jim G. While I look into your request, would you like me to demonstrate our 24/7 Remote Computer Support service for you? I can run a free diagnostic scan and let you know if there are any areas of concern. If we do find some issues, I would be happy to tell you more about the services we offer and the costs. There is no obligation to purchase; would you like to check it out? no thanks I am looking for the Oculus Rift. I live in Livonia, MI and stopped by the Best Buy near Westland Mall last night. They had only one but they did not have the hand controllers. I would also like to purchase the 3rd external sensor. I am becoming increasingly disappointed in Best Buy because it seems more and more the stores are maintaining very little stock. I go to Best Buy rather than Amazon when I went to purchase an item but view it before I do. I am currently working in Lake Orion - about an hour from my home. There are several of your stores along the way with one being very close in the 'Auburn Mile. Can you see if I can get all 3 of these items in this store or other stores along my route home this evening? Agent Jim G. [12:54 PM] : This method of support is primarily for remote controlling of computers for software and technical troubleshooting issues. We have a sales and support team available to you to help with that. The link to reach them is http://www.bestbuy.com/ExpertService - they are available 7 days a week, 7am - 11pm CST. Alternatively, you can call 1-888-237-8289 (1-888-BEST-BUY) for help 24/7. Once again disappointed - you have no way of connecting or redirecting me? You're a company that sells modern technology. So pass this on to another dept. or rep. [12:56 PM]: The expert ended the service session. Go to our homepage and search for another expert. Close this window Did you catch that last one? THE EXPERT ENDED THE SERVICE SESSION. He dumped the conversation! I asked a question and he dumps the conversation! Again, when I see this company fail I will be standing outside the store in front of their big 'Going Out of Business' banner and raise a glass to cheer their demise. They handle their business so poorly and have little regard for their customers.
Service
Best Buy Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy Staff Review

Employees and managers were too busy putting boxes in peoples way to help me find a $300 GPS that I wanted out of a cabinet will not be shopping there for my Christmas As a matter of fact I just purchased some items the other day I will be bringing them back I will get them somewhere else
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Best Buy - Cell Phone Screen Review from Westland, Michigan

$200 trade in for a working smart phone is a joke. All of their advertising said working phone. To the best of my knowledge, nothing else. Mine had a slight crack in the screen but they said it was not acceptable. Bait and switch.

In the fine print that you failed to read it said the phone can't have its water indicators tripped or cracks in it. And I don't understand how this would even be a "bait and switch".....? Stores don't really do this, but oh well i guess you're still living in 2007

Review

Best Buy geek squad rip off

Payed Best Buy in Madison Heights Michigan 200.00 to fix my wireless connection problem. All they did was install a virus program on my computer after keeping it for 3 days. When I picked it up I was told I needed to contact Toshiba about purchasing a wireless network card replacement for 30-90.00 dollars.. uh duh that is what I told you! I took my computer home and IT specialist at my job told me never to buy anything at Best Buy she hooked me up with a Tenda wireless network plug for 10.00! Best Buy you lost a customer!
Loss

GETTING BILLED FOR A PHONE THAT WAS CANCELLED | Best Buy review from Westland, Michigan

In August my family upgraded our phones through your company. We all have insurance on these phones. Every month from my account I have the insurance taken from my account. There are 3. 2 phones are 9.99 and one is 6.99. Then your company takes another 9.99 out for a blackberry that was cancelled at the time of the up grade. I have called customer service every month since october when I noticed the deduction. You now owe me a 40.00 refund. When I called in december the customer service rep I talked to said that the blackberry was what the insurance was going to. She assured me YET AGAIN that she would make sure that the blackberry was cancelled as the number was transfered to my sons new phone, number 734-560-5076. I asked that instead of a refund that the then 30.00 owed to me be put towards January's insurance payment. They told me it would take as long as 10 to 14 days for something to happen. Guess its taking longer then that because this problem is still a PORBLEM. I want this matter taken care of. You are quick to take my money out now be just as quick and PUT MY MONEY BACK.This account is under Kenneth Gerhold #248-298-9512.

First, I want to tell you that I agree that you should be refunded the money you paid for insurance on your phones, but I'm sorry to tell you that best buy does not owe it to you.

If you have insurance on your phones, you had to have had that service added by your cell phone provider, so best buy isn't responsible for your mistake of not cancelling the insurance on your own line.

Proof that the service is not offered through best buy comes from the fact that I work for the company. When you purchase a phone from best buy mobile, you CAN pay for a service called Black tie protection, which entitles you to a replacement or repair for your device(s), but the fee for this service is charged up front. One flat rate. It is not billed to you monthly, and would not show up on your bill.

My suggestion is to contact the cellular provider and simply explain that the phones were upgraded through best buy and that the PROVIDER still mistakenly charged you for insurance on said devices for the past few months. They should credit it to your bill, taking care of the problem.

I hope this helps.

Smart idea posting your personal information online genius.

View more comments (1)
Service
Best Buy Customer Care

Best buy not honoring sale price reduction..

purchased 3 computers for christmas gifts 2 wks ago fr best buy. item went on sale for $50 less. now mind you, i was told by 2 different employees if the item went on sale, i can bring receipt back. so i did today, they would not do it for computers. its a corporate policy. even though they are still in boxes & for gifts. they said it does not apply to computers or phones cuz it mite be outdated or not have any in stock. you only have 14 days after purchase for these items to get $ back. bad policy

Bait and switch tatics at Worst Buy. I attempted to buy a backup hardrive for my computer.

Sale tag said $99.99 was charged $169.99 at register, acutal price off sale was supposed to be $159.99. I had to go to customer service to return when I told rep the price tag said $99 she said she did not work the floor and it was not her problem. I said give me a refund then, she suddely found our I could have item for on-line price of $129.99 I said no not interested just give me the refund since I appear to be doing your job as the sale tags should be removed (new policy from manager is they won't honor tag even if they are supposed to be removed) asked to speak with manager the nutless wonder could not be found.

It took me 35 minutes to get a refund and only 5 minutes to buy the *** item. I had a better item overnighted for less money from Tigerdirect so skip Worst buy

This G

First line of their price match policy reads "If you find a lower advertised price on the same available brand and model prior to your purchase or during the exchange and return period, we will match that price." Computers have a 14 day return policy. They did this by the books.

If you bought the computers after thanksgiving, their holiday returns policy is in effect so you can return the computers at the price you paid, even after 14 days, and re-buy them at the same store another day or a different store. Beat them at their own game

This G