Says thanksgiving pricing... but no | Best Buy review from Monroe, Michigan

Prices say they start online Thanksgiving day. I started trying to buy a TV for my mother at 12:01 am Thanksgiving morning. Can't buy it online yet. Called Best Buy phone number and the person on the phone says they don't know when they will put the sale prices online. If the company says an online sale starts on Thanksgiving morning then at 12:00 am it starts Thanksgiving and for the customer service person to say they don't know when they are going t put the sale prices online is really ***. This is my first and last time trying to buy anythine from Best Buy!

do you people not realize that the entire country has access to the same website? if people know a sale is coming, they are probably at the ready waiting.

So if a product goes "out of stock" within a few mins.

its probably due to the massive amounts of orders that all come through at the same time. use your brains.

You called a local store to find out why the company ONLINE sale wasn't working of course they wont know why its not working they have nothing to do with the online sale server. call the corporate number you might get a actual response. and i 100% agree with Satan "you will not be missed" there still 284 million other people that will shop and spend all there money there so have a great life

TimThomas

I would like to point out that when the deals went up at ~6am THANKSGIVING MORNING I got 4 out of the 5 items I wanted off their website non issue (24" tv for the kitchen, iPod touch w/giftcard, laptop, and a big TV :) ) I would have gotten all 5 but I ordered the PS3 from gamestop at midnight to make sure I got it.

Best Buy always has, and probably always will be known for their scams and deceptive practices. Most of their 'online deals' mysteriously go 'out of stock' as soon as the sale starts (yet another well known scam to try getting people to buy from them online). The same will always be true on their in-store items, they still run fake websites just to get people into their stores only to find the item not on sale or, of course, not stocked at all.

I stopped shopping this chain a long time ago, there are just too many places out there with better deals and these stores have always had a bad reputation for their scams.

The store in Tupelo Miss will not answer the phone. this problem is 24/7/365,

I wont be back in any best buy store.

santini your comment is invalid. This "don't know when it will start" is the last straw for me with Best Buy.

Tried from 12:01 AM then was 'Sold Out'. I am terminating my 25 year relationship with company. Have purchase 100's of items in the past... will purchase zero in the future.

There are many other supplies out there that do not screw with this customers!!! :(

Actually, to those who think this is an invalid complaint--I called 2 days before the sale to confirm the start time of the sale. I was told midnight Thanksgiving AM *CST*. I'm on the West Coast, this didn't seem like too big a deal.

I've called several times this evening, each time being courteous and polite--I'm pretty sure those Best Buy phone reps are not having a good night.

At one point I was told "the site would update" so that the online sale could start anytime from midnight - 5AM CST. I was specifically told if I wanted a certain item, that I should not go to sleep or it would sell out. That's a huge window of time to wiat through, but again, I'm on the West Coast so I thought I could pull it off.

It's now nearly 5AM CST, and I called again and politely requested a realistic time that the sale might start. I was told they don't have any idea at this point.

While I'm totally ok with someone starting their Thanksgiving sale during daytime hours--they had actually been telling customers beginning midnight CST.

I understand there are technical glitches, but a splash page message alerting folks to just go to sleep and try back at midday or something would have been more forthright.

they have a lot of hours left in the day. i'm sure they will start selling online today as stated. neither of you have a valid complaint.

What "time" on Thanksgiving did they say they would start selling online? They still have quite a few hours left to start on Thanksgiving since "morning" lasts till 11:59am. Neither of you have a valid complaint.

Me too. What a load of ***.

View more comments (11)
Loss

Best buy warranty scam on sale items

3 years ago I purchased a Sirius radio (sportster 4) on sale for$121. The sales person was more than happy to explain how these radios are fragile and I should get an extended warranty. He then proceeded to explain that I can use this warranty for a brand new replacement even if I just didn't like the way it looked anymore.. or smashed it... any reason Best Buy will make it right and give me a new unit, the upgrade to this unit was going to come out in 2 months and he said the coolest thing is when the new one comes out if there isn't any of these in stock they will automatically give me the upgrade. Three years later and my unit is experiencing a power issue that is the fault of the power adapter for sure seeing the radio works on my boom box, but hey it's time to cash in my 4 year warranty and enjoy an upgrade that I was promised when I bought this item. I went to the store with all of the original items and pieces of this radio and explained the situation and showed them my receipt. they then walked me back to the car audio department and picked out the new upgrade sporter 5, only difference is a color screen. The retail price difference is $10 from the one I originally purchased. They began to ring me up for the exchange , the way they explained it I would have to pay the difference between the two which sounded fair to pay the $10 difference from the old one being 149.97 and the new one 159.97. No, here comes the horror story... they want me to pay the total sale price difference between the old one and the regular non sale price of the new one... almost $60. So I asked for the store manager, she then grabbed out the black tie book and underlined in it the line about price difference. So I was going to be penalized cause I bought this radio on a great sale price and because this specific week the radio I need to exchange for is not on sale I have to pay the whole difference, so Now I sit with a radio and have to watch the Best Buy ads for a great sale like I found when I originally purchased this. I was very calm and collected this and went to the original Best Buy I bought this from seeing they gave me a story about how returns hurts their stores numbers and maybe the store I bought it from will help me out more... HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE SO FAR from the 28th street location in Grand Rapids, MI.. went to the Walker, MI location and they sent me to the Geek Squad who explained the exact same thing to me and wanted me to pay the total sale to non sale difference.. and this guy thought he'd give me an analogy.. well if you buy a car and drive it you can't expect for you to get an exact new one without paying fees.. and I gave him one of mine.. so you're saying if I buy a washer and dryer set and they go out during the warranty period if I bought them on sale I'd have to get the model down from the one I researched and carefully purchased or have to pay a difference just because the new model is out? Basically told me there is nothing he can do this is policy.... Well, I plan to tell as many people about this.. I will also be making copies of my receipt and a copy of the best buy terms in their warranty booklet and I will not be standing in line this year for the Black Friday Sale I hope many of you will print this out and bring it to the store with you and show this to the sales rep when they try to sell you the warranty.. unless you're paying regular price.. you'd be better off buying it from the manufacturer.

I was promised a free battery after one year with black tie protection. I went to collect on the battery and was told to call the AAA-BEST-BUY.

I Would just have to give my serial number Btb number to collect my free battery. I was asked if my barrery was defective. I said no. I was told my battery had to be defective and that they just do not give out free batteries.

Duh!

Then it would have been covered under black tie! I was totally scammed!

My wife and I had a Sony laptop with a 3 year accident warranty. We took it back several times to get it fixed and finally after about 2 1/2 years they just let us replace it.

So we went and picked out another Sony laptop for $799.99 but when we took it to the counter they said they were only going to be giving us 299.99 credit because that's what a laptop "comparable" to our old broken one would cost today. I was livid, the *** warranty was 299.99 alone when I bought it. Well needless to say that we rejected that offer and fought with the geek squad guys for about an hour before leaving. The next day we took our problem to the store manager and she apppoved the 799.99 credit in about 30 seconds.

I think that there is some kind if incintive plan or something in place that pushes the low level employees to avoid issuing refunds and returns.

We asked why he was so insistant that we only be given a 299.99 refund and she said that "that's our new policy but since yours was bought several years ago we can't be sure what policy was in place at the time". Even though we came out of this deal ok I deffinatley see the potential for huge losses and we will never buy a best buy warranty again.

Some people should not be allowed to buy electronics, or even use them.

This person qualifies for that rule.

Do you have problems with your Black Protection Plan?

I am an investigator with the law firm of David P. Meyer & Associates Co., LPA.

Our firm has been researching a potential class action case against Best Buy regarding alleged misrepresentations of their Black Tie Protection Plan. If you have been affected by this, and are willing to assist with our investigation, please contact me at 1-866-827-6537 or www.dmlaws.com and fill out a form so that our firm can evaluate your situation.

I think you should just shop at circuit city oh wait they are gone..... walfart is way worse they dont cover ***.sears is a joke so for you sir stick to ebay and I hope your house gets hit by a huge power surge and all of you electronics die on you!!!!!!!

You paid $121... You pay the difference... Simple math.

Why should you get a credit of more than you paid?

I can't stand *** people...

OP was willing to pay the difference between what he originally paid and the newer replacement. However, his point was that the comparable model to replace his defective one was on sale, and they wouldn't give him the sale price.

I don't think OP should be discriminated from taking advantage of a sale price because he utilized his warranty, which he had to buy to begin with.

And Best Buy makes a killing on these warranties - I'm sure they sell thousands of them and a claim is never made. That's FREE money to BB.

I purchased one of their warranties and I'm still within the timeframe to return it, which I think I will. Doesn't seem worth the trouble.

Always look at the fine print. you paid 121 dollars and you got your 121 back 3 years down the road, what is the problem? because i don't see it.

I happen to love Best Buy's black Tie, the geek squad can be a bit taxxing at times but the over all peace of mind i have is worth it.

My TV had a loose conection in hte HDMI port and they came to fix it. took about a week and all was well. when my son buped the TV a few mounths later causing the same problem only worse they came back and ran some test then approved me for an exchange. and yes i had to pay the diffrence when i picked out a new TV that was more expencive then the first one i had.

but what do you expect to do give you what ever you wanted for free because you broke something?

then what is to stop you from getting a 19" TV with the protection plan tossing some water on it and demanding a 55" replacment?

some times you have to be reasonabul.

It is unfortunate that your original salesman said what they did. it seams that person might not have liked their job.

the protection plan you paid for will cover many difrent types of malfunctions or damages so your products can get FIXED! if they can't fix it they will replace it with a comparibul product.

Or, like said by BTNO you can opt for a refund during your plan and get back the mony you paid.

you are not limited to getting the same make or model.

You are not understanding your plan. They offer you a store credit for your product, basically a 4 year plan gets you what you paid for the product in the form of store credit.

If you want to go with a new model you can and will pay a difference. Now a service plan after the 4th time a product is brought in the Service plan can be used towards a comparable product with similar features.

If it happens to be a color screen whatever you can get it. Second read your pamphlet I don't understand why you'd take somebody's word on something like a warranty knowing the fine print has exclusions exceptions whatever.Best of Luck.

View more comments (9)
Loss
Bestbuy.com blacklisted me. Told me I bought too much from them and I can no longer place an order with best buy or bestbuy.com. Apparently the store manager was upset that I always bought the sale items on their website and nobody else could get sale items. I only...

best buy only sale junks & no cover extended warranty,junk junk,martinsburg west virginia,not recomended is piece junk.

View more comments