Best Buy - Deal Review from Royal Oak, Michigan

1.6
Horrible customer service and absolute half-fast garbage return policy. Bought a $250 modem/router which failed after 16 days. Brought it back to store for an exchange and they told me that I'm stuck with it. MOD with zero customer service knowledge gave me the number to Motorola and told me to deal directly with them. Not only did she give me the wrong number but she was extremely rude. Motorola said to take it back to store since it has only been 2 weeks. Now I am stuck with a $250 paper weight that I cannot return due to this inept company's return policy. Buy your electronics elsewhere. Other stores offer 30-90 day returns. BB is a scam.
Tom

At this point, the key words are "manufacturer's warranty"....not "return policy".

The key to getting customer satisfaction is persistence. Don’t give up! That’s what they want you to do by giving you the “run-around”.

Try reaching out to Motorola. The warranty is from them.

Tom

Modem has a year warranty through the manufacturer. Call 1-888 Best Buy or return the item with your receipt to the store. Unless this was a closeout/display model, it's a no-brainer.

View more comments (3)
Service
Best Buy Deal
Poor customer service
Best buy was the WORST buy EVER! Our washer had some sort of issue and was leaking through our ceiling. We decided to go to best buy and get a new washer. But then, we wanted a matching set. Fine. They said it would take a certain amount of days to deliver, and when it...
Tom

Call 1-888-237-8289 and have your receipt ready. I'm pretty sure the delivery drivers were unable to satisfy your issue, so take it to the next level so that BBY can fix the process.

BEST BUY IS DISHONEST. BUYER BEWARE

2.7
BUYER BEWARE. BEST BUY IS DISHONEST. I PURCHASED A Samsung - 25.5 Cu. Ft. French Door Refrigerator AND RECEIVED IT ON 12/05/14. WHEN IT WAS UNWRAPPED BY THE DELIVERY PERSON IT WAS DAMAGED (NOT BUY THE DELIVERY PERSON). I WAS GIVEN THE OPTION OF SENDING BACK AND GETTING ANOTHER OR RECEIVING A $250.00 CREDIT. I ACCEPTED THE $250 CREDIT. I CALLED THEM ON 12/1914, INQUIRING ABOUT THE CREDIT. I WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE SENT OUT ON 12/19/14. TODAY, 01/03/15, I PLACED ANOTHER FOLLOW UP CALL ON THE CREDIT. I WAS INFORMED BY A SUPERVISOR CARLY THE CREDIT HAS NOT BEEN PROCESSED AND WOULD NOT BE PROCESSED AT THE AGREED AMOUNT. THEY OFFERED ME A $150 CREDIT. I INFORMED THEM I WOULD HAVE NEVER AGREED TO THESE TERMS ON 12/05/14. I ALSO ASKED THEM IF THEY WERE SURE THEY WANTED TO TREAT A LONG TERM CUSTOMER IN THIS MANNER AND IF THEY DID I WOULD NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER ITEM FROM BEST BUY. THE SUPERVISOR CARLY INFORMED ME THEY WERE SORRY BUT WOULD NOT BE ISSUING THE $250 THAT WAS AGREED TO. DUE TO THE FACT BEST BUY LIED TO ME I WILL NO LONGER DO ANY BUSINESS WITH THEM.
Tom

Did you have the delivery team note the credit and the amount on your delivery paperwork, or any other form to back you up? If nothing else, you should be allowed to return it!

@Tom

Yes, I have paper work to back it up. Still working on correcting the matter.

@Anonymous

I'm not in your area, of course, but interested in the outcome.

@Tom

After several postings informing the public of the event Best Buy made good on their agreement.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Your bait and switch tactics
ISSUE THE $250 CREDIT/GIFT CARD THAT WAS AGREED TO ON 12/05/14
Tags
  • Damaged Goods

WARNING if you order online for in-store pickup!!!!! | Best Buy review from Ann Arbor, Michigan

5.0
WARNING: CALL BEFORE PICK-UP!!!! I ordered a charger that was "In-Stock" yesterday and paid online. When I went to pick it up today, they told me the order was cancelled because they couldn't find it. The customer service rep offered no resolution. I won't have a charger for another week. The inventory system was inaccurate. But all these things don't really upset me. What upsets me is that Best Buy never called or e-mailed to let me know the order was cancelled. I drove an hour and a half and spent a half hour in the store. For nothing. And it could have been avoided with a 30 second phone call or an automated email.

It's true that sometimes the website will say we have something in stock and we won't actually have it. Even though that's the case when we "no-pick" an item, saying that we don't have it, it should automatically send you an e-mail, or whatever e-mail address you have setup with your account, and tell you that we didn't have the item at our location.

@Warehouse Employee

Totally understand the inventory being inaccurate. I worked retail for many years.

But I didn't receive an e-mail notification that my order was cancelled.

Maybe a bug in the system? Don't know, but it should definitely be taken care of moving forward.

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • Competitive prices
  • Wide variety of products
  • Knowledgeable staff
Cons
  • Customer service
Preferred solution
Best Buy would apply the same customer service to its online customers as it does to it's face to face customers; focused on personalized service, care, and consideration. And it would be gravy to get $16 for the four gallons of gas I wasted. ;)

Best Buy - Installation Review from White Lake Township, Michigan

Went to purchase a new TV decided on a 60 inch Sony. Price in store was one price...checked google since Best Buy does price matching....Oh I found a cheaper price. Imagine the sales rep surprise when I informed him Best Buy's own website had it $150 cheaper. They did honor the price. I have seen it the othet way too. Dishwasher on line doesnt show free installation but in the store they have a sign showing free installation. While its convenient to order on line and go pick it up, its worth the few extra steps to go and check the in store price or make sure you check the on line price when purchasing items in the store.
MattD78

Stores do not match their own online prices. Really they don't match any online price.

Service
Best Buy Installation

"Members of the Best Buy Gamers Club and Best Buy Elite plus Beware!

2.4
Not posted anywhere is that if you make a purchase with a best buy gift card YOU DO NOT GET ANY MEMBER POINTS. The trick is if you buy let’s say a video game for the Xbox. But when you take it back unopened bought online, to get it exchanged for the PlayStation version, here is where the game starts. The store puts the refund on a BestBuy gift card, guess what? They take the points away they already gave you for the original purchase and because they put your refund on a gift card. Like I said at the start, they don’t give any points or any bonus rewards for the purchase with the gift card they just gave you. Keep in mind I am an elite plus member and I paid 100 a year to get those gamers point Rewards/discounts. See with the gamers unlocked your supposed to get 10$ on most game and hardware preorders, plus close to another $5 for the 20% game or hardware discount ,then you add the 20% for being an elite plus member. But it appears in my opinion that BestBuy does whatever they can to not pay out all those points because their losing money. Then when you complain too much they assign you to a supposed exec support tech whose job is to argue and beat you down. No one else will talk to you. This is just the tip of the iceberg; I am handicapped I can’t get in the store with it let alone maneuver around and no consideration at all for handicap. The list goes on and on. Honestly you’re better off going to amazon, Newegg, GameStop get the prime with Amazon and even tax and the lower price you get the same deal less hassle or better yet Micro Center blows BestBuy away. I won’t buy a pencil from BestBuy again. I am a 35 year computer IT and some of the things I heard from the computer sales and Geek squad to some of the novice and beginners is just sickening. Let’s put it this way if you buy the manufacture warranty your much better off. You can get the manufacturer’s warranty on just about everything sold at best just buy calling the manufacture it’s cheaper in most cases and much better. With Microsoft hardware I always get a minimum 3 day turnaround Dell is next day in home 3 yrs. for the same price as BestBuy. Don’t let them talk you into anything. It was a sorry day when we lost COMP USA AND ENDED UP WITH BESTBUY IN MY OPINION

It's your fault that they gave you a gift card. You had the right to have the item returned to the original form of payment.

Don't bash bby because you weren't smart enough to figure it out. And by the way, elite membership has no fees of any kind so stop lying!

Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy - Cell Phone Screen Review from Westland, Michigan

$200 trade in for a working smart phone is a joke. All of their advertising said working phone. To the best of my knowledge, nothing else. Mine had a slight crack in the screen but they said it was not acceptable. Bait and switch.

In the fine print that you failed to read it said the phone can't have its water indicators tripped or cracks in it. And I don't understand how this would even be a "bait and switch".....? Stores don't really do this, but oh well i guess you're still living in 2007

Return Policy Review

15 day return policy is a fluke. Was told the item that I was returning was discontinued and could not be returned for even store credit even though the item stopped working shortly after purchase. Didn't even have the item for a month. We have a Best Buy card but we'll never shop there again!

Un-educated Employees | Best Buy review from New Haven, Michigan

Today, I had decided to return a laptop bundle with a laptop which ran an intel i3 Dual-Core processor. I decided that I wanted a laptop that had an intel i5 Quad-Core processor, as I then could do a little gaming and also schooling without needing to purchase another laptop for awhile. So, I bring the bundle in, and after 15 minutes of waiting (an employee left and said he'd be right back... never came back), I successfully returned that bundle and walked to the back to look at their selection. I found one (4th generation intel i5-4210U Processor) and asked the employee who was aiding us if this laptop had a QUAD-CORE. He said yes it does, so I wholeheartedly trusted him and purchased the new laptop. I came home and tested it to see if it ran some games well(I will admit, it did run it much smoother than the i3). However, as I sit here typing this, I am somewhat disappointed to report that after a little research on this processor, it is indeed a DUAL-CORE, not QUAD. This drastically changes the performance of gaming-portion of the laptop (FPS-Frames Per Second at which the games run is much better on quad cores), and this makes me a bit upset. Don't get me wrong, the man who helped us was a very friendly man, but it would help to inform these employees of what exactly they are selling. I may return this laptop as well, although traveling up there for the THIRD time with a product I have been mis-informed about might not bode well with my parents who have to drive me there for purchasing purposes.

Do your research if you are not confident with those salesperson. There is a fault in yourself as well.

How much did you spend on your laptop? If you want a gaming laptop, why would you settle with an i5 processor, even if it is a 6th generation one?

You should at least be going to an i7 or an AMD A10 series? If you really wanted a laptop that you did not want to upgrade, and you wanted to do some gaming on it, why settle for an outdated processor?

I always see people like that walking into best buy.

I just bought a new harddrive, and a lady came in wanting a top-of-the-line laptop, but would not spend over $600. Makes me feel bad as a customer to think what those best buy guys have to go through =[

Best Buy is not the best "computer place" BUT no employee is going to know everything about every product that they sell.

Why didn't you do any research on the machine you were about to buy...?

@Anonymous

So called "Computer Geeks" are expected to know everything, or at lest a lot, about computers. The average man in the street doesn't.

"Regular" people walk into a computer store and expect salespersons to know about the product they are selling. They take the word of the salesperson when that salesperson says that the product has certain features. I believe the buying public has a right to be upset when a salesperson misinforms them about a product.

The proper thing to do, if you are a salesperson, is to say: "I'm not sure; let me check that for you." If that salesperson gives an assurance that the product has certain features or qualities, the buying public has a right to be upset if it does not. We're talking ethics, not to mention basic honesty.

@BasicHonesty

Let me get this straight. You want basic honesty from those kids that work at Best Buy?

There're kids.

They lie to their own parents. What makes you so special?

View more comments (5)
Tags
  • Knowledge

Best buy ruined sons bday

purchased a ps4 on feb21 and drove 60 miles tp pick up as they are hard to find. paid with cc and they immediately took payment. went to okemos michigan to pick up on feb22. when i got there the young girl at service counter laughed and said they dont hold them in store. the salesperson on phone stated i had one week to pick up my ps4. i showed girl my order # and told me i was confusing the store with online store. i purchased this on the phone and they told me which store to get it from. this was a bday gift to my son that he now has to wait at least another week to get. will never go to worst buy again!

May be you should read carefully how you ordered the item. Did it say it would ship?

Then it was an all online order with shipping information. Not Best Buy's fault you didn't read the information correctly.

@nonone