Hideous | Best Buy in Worcester, Massachusetts

All I wanted to know was if a TV I saw on their website was available at a nearby store, which is about half an hour away. So I thought, call first. If they didn't have it in store I was going to order it from them. Could not get through to them online or by phone to save my life. By Providence I finally got a human on the phone who quickly transferred me and then I was quickly disconnected. Called back a second time, used the same James Bond extension and no one would answer...they knew it was me.... Could not find enough information on their website, it says they can't give accurate in store availability info. They're a mystery even unto themselves. I guess some guy in the warehouse broke his pencil lead and they lost track of all their inventory. All for want of a pencil sharpener. Perhaps if they merged with Staples.... I wasted so much time. I discovered their phone number is a sham, you'll never get a live person that way, even if you know the 4 digit extension you want. Trying to contact them online is a joke also. Then I started reading all these customer complaints with the same/similar issues. People are genuinely p-o'd and Best Buy has turned a deaf ear. I figure I'm much better off just going to Walmart...or probably any other store. Lord forbid if I bought an expensive TV from them, like I had planned to, and there was any sort of issue about which I needed to contact them. I'm sure I'd end up stuck with a piece of garbage and lose my money and have no recourse except maybe small claims court. Whose got time for junk like that? No doubt Best Buy banks on that. Hard to figure how they stay in business. I've purchased from them before but I will never do it again. Hit and run retail. But to me the biggest deal breaker is their arrogant attitude toward customers and prospective customers. As if we HAVE to buy from them because no one else on Earth sells TVs and cell phones. Remember Radio Shack, Lechmere's, Tweeter's, Circuit City, to name just a few? Best Buy is not invincible, the same thing can happen to them. I hope it does.
Review