State: Massachusetts City: Boston Product: Best Buy Sales Manager Clear all filters (1 of 43 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy in Boston, Massachusetts - BESTBUY CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS

I WENT TO BEST BUY WORCESTER MA TO BUY A LAPTOP COMPUTER. USUALLY, A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP IS READY TO SWOOP DOWN ON YOU TO ASSIST YOU IN BUYING AN ITEM. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE IN MY PURCHASING A NEW LAPTOP FOR SCHOOL AS I TOOK OUT A SMALL LOAN TO ACQUIRE IT. I RESEARCHED WHAT THEY HAD ON SALE BEFORE I EVEN WALKED INTO THE STORE KNOWING WHAT BRAND, PRICING, ETC. THAT FITS MY NEEDS. THE ONLY SALES CLERK WAS BUSY WITH ANOTHER CUSTOMER FOR AN HOUR AND THE OTHERS WERE STANDING AROUND IGNORING ME FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. FINALLY I HAD SOME ATTENTION FROM A CLERK WHO WAS NEW AND TOLD ME HE COULD NOT SHOW ME THE LAPTOPS THAT I WANTED TO CHOOSE FROM AND BUY. BECAUSE HIS MANAGER DID NOT ALLOW IT! OK, I THOUGHT, LET ME PAY FOR ONE ON THE WEB SITE THAT WAS ADVERTISED ONLINE AND ORDER IT TO BE DELIVERED TO THE STORE AND I WOULD PREPAY FOR IT AS I HAD CASH IN HAND. I WAS TOLD IT WAS AGAINST STORE POLICY, AND THEY CANNOT DO THAT! THE OTHER CLERK WAS STILL HELPING THE CUSTOMER MAKE UP HIS MIND ON ANOTHER ITEM. SO I WENT TO CHECK OUT THE OPEN BOX SPECIALS AND SAW ONE LISTED FOR $350 ON THE BOX . USUALLY YOU PAY THE LISTED PRICE, MAKE YOUR PURCHASE, AND BE ON YOUR WAY. NOT IN THIS STORE! THEY TACKED AN EXTRA $100 TO THE PRICE SAYING THAT THEY DID THE RESTORE DVDS AND INSTALLED AN ANTIVIRUS TO THE LAPTOP HENCE THE EXTRA $100 CHARGE. THAT WAS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK AS I MADE MY PURCHASE AT A LOCAL WALMART WITH NO PROBLEM. I WILL NEVER BUY AT ANY BESTBUY AGAIN!

I agree, just ask us for help and let a manager know instead of complaining online. Or do both.

Managers do care, its their job! And you didn't have to buy that service ans not every item is available for ship to store.

I'm sure the guys atbwalmart knew exactly what you needed. I actually had a Walmart employee say, " what's a gigabyte?"

Patrick

this guy is definitely a ***. just what we like to read, an all caps post that makes you feel like you're reading the typing of any angry little kid.

he (or she) probably doesn't even know what needs they had for a laptop. plus they called it a laptop computer, just call it a laptop or a computer. I mean that's like calling a car, a car vehicle. next time, you big *** baby, ask for help instead of standing there like a lost little kid.

for some reason, you were so fixated on the guy that was helping someone else. did you want to show him a good time after he sold you a laptop or something? like I said, sometimes you should ask for help instead of getting bottle fed every time. and so what if they charged an extra $100 for the extra stuff?

you could have just asked for the laptop that didn't have all of that extra stuff done for it and saved yourself $100.

like guy number 3 said, enjoy your cheap laptop that won't last long and I'm sure you didn't buy the extended warranty. so your next post will probably be that Walmart wouldn't return your laptop after 6 months.

Caps lock will really garner you support on this site, I recommend using it every time.

That said, you pointed out the computers person was tied up with another customer for what you apparently thought was an unreasonable time. The other customer probably left very happy that the person took the time to help him. As far as "the other associates ignored me" and "the new guy wouldn't do laptops with me because the manager said no," not everyone in a best buy knows anything about a laptop. I wouldn't walk into wherever it is you work and expect you to know everything about someone else's job. So to say they all ignored you, is ignorant. Same goes for the new guy, the manager clearly didn't feel that employee was ready to help a customer purchase a computer that required a "small loan".

Going by your target price of 350, I hope you enjoy the year you get out of the Walmart laptop(this would be the same at Best Buy.. ever heard of you get what you pay for?)

Besides, it looks like the caps lock key is already broken, and so is the grammar checker.

When you write in caps nobody cares. :grin

View more comments (3)