State: Massachusetts City: Boston Product: Best Buy Credit Card Clear all filters (1 of 57 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy in Boston, Massachusetts - Changed terms of credit card without notifying the consumer.

I was told in the store that I would be able to pay back my credit card using my debit card. They changed this policy and will only accept checking account numbers. This means that I cannot pay my bill without starting a checking account. My debit card is connected to a savings account (Don't ask how. I know its a savings account because when I tried to use the account number to pay, it declined it.) I can't pay my bill, and their only solution was for me to go to the store and pay with cash. The store is 2 hours from my house. To top it all off, I have ordered 3 credit cards that never arrived. The bill arrives, but the card does not. I am returning the computer and getting my money back today. I can't deal with this shoddy company anymore.
Jonerik

If you ask any store employee form any retail chain "Can I pay by debit card?" and they reply yes I guarantee close to 100% will be thinking you are talking about a checking debit card not a savings debit card so they didn't change anything. Also, while you do need a checking account, if you had bothered to look on Best Buy's website you would see you can also pay by mail or by phone and not have to drive 2 hours.

Review