3.0

Update by user Apr 06, 2021

Does anyone know who does TV Calibrations in Birmingham Alabama on a new Sony 65” OLED TV. A Best Buy Corporate Manager in Illinois told me to Google it, wow what customer service) If so who and how much.

I need to get it done before I file suit to add to the damages. This has been very upsetting to me through this difficult period in my life (see Review for brief explanation).

Update by user Apr 06, 2021

Best Buy asked me if I wanted to change my rating (you know, the 5 star system) on their website. I tried to deleted stars from the previous rating, I wasn’t allowed to after they asked.

You had a 5 star rating - you get a 0 now. - Caren

Original review posted by user Apr 06, 2021

Bought $4,500 TV this past Christmas. Bought $3,500 TV year before at Christmas (calibrated) and it makes a world of difference.

You have to play a tv so many hours before calibration can be done. COVID struck and services were interrupted but I was told they would be called when it resumed. I called them to schedule but they no longer do these (even though I had already paid for the plan that did this service) nor would they help me find anybody to do it. I prepaid $200 to have this done and they offered a monthly prorated refund keeping the money from November until now.

Now Im stuck with a tv that has much better technology (OLED) that the other ones, although the others have a better picture. Dont corporations have any ethics anymore? I talked to the Geek Squad and after 1 1/2 hours on hold I explained they were going to do this, they promised and told me they would call when they resumed doing these, I paid for it...she screamed Jesus on the phone at me and hung up in my face. I called her immediately back and after an hour on hold she hung up in my face when she heard my voice.

I guess she wants to be fired to receive her enhanced unemployment! Talked to a corporate manager today and she was the one that offered me a portion of my prepaid money back for service I never received. I will report them to the BBB if not see them in Court. Its the principle of the thing.

I have been through enough lately, my husband died after a long illness, Im disabled and in treatment at the Cancer Center, I found my 28 year only son old dead at his computer, and my brother in law got so depressed he hung him self in a tree. I am a Christian and God frowns upon taking advantage of widows.

Best Buy stores will get HIS wrath. Caren Tidwell (205) 681-****).

User's recommendation: Don’t Believe their Service Promises.

Location: Trussville, Alabama