Breaux Bridge, Louisiana

I recently purchased a R-S201 receiver and a pair Yamaha speakers from Best Buy in Lafayette, LA. I asked the sales person if these speakers would work with this receiver, of course he swore they would! Well guess what according to Yamaha they WILL NOT! Best Buy - you should know better! Read the damning series of events below. You just lost a customer.

Yamaha, you guys need to contact Best Buy and set them straight. Their on-line chat help service (whatever) swears up & down that the 6 ohm speakers will work. I already took it upon myself to return the two Yamaha speakers and purchased two JBL 8 ohm speakers and when I did the folks at Best Buy gave me grief about the swap, again swearing that the 6 ohms would work. This is not the first time I have had trouble with BB and I am definitely an ex-BB-customer.

ALSO, if the impedance is that important why not put the number of ohms for the speakers on the *** box? I mean how ***! You put the ohms on the box for the receiver but not the box for the speaker? In BB defense how-the-*** is the consumer supposed to know without opening the box in the store and reading the instructions packed inside the box! ***, ***, ***, ***, .....

Also, if you read the blogs regarding the performance of the Yamaha speakers the major complaint is that they lack bass which is exactly what happens when you attach 6 ohm speakers to an 8 ohm minimum receiver, again ***, ***, ***, ***, .....

Dr. Hisey

> Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 23:57:08 +0000> From: supportreply@yamaha.com> To: leehisey@hotmail.com> Subject: rs201 [ ref:_00D30F1z._50030X2vea:ref ]> > Hi Lee : apologys for the delayed answer . The rs201 can drive 2-8ohm speakers only , the 6 ohm speakers used hat high levels could eventually cause problems hope this helps EB> > > ref:_00D30F1z._50030X2vea:ref

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Pros: Wide variety of products.

Best Buy Cons: Customer service, Tech service.

Comments

Tom

Not a problem...I've done it for years...with 6 ohm JBLs. Not once was the model# or SKU# of the Yamaha speakers noted.

I'll put my money that they were 6" in-wall speakers...40w.

Best Buy Reviews