Muncie, Indiana

My frail and elderly mother (88 yrs. old) asked me to buy her a new TV and have it installed.

I live 90 miles away so I called Best Buy in her town (Muncie, Indiana) and made sure they had the model she needed in stock, and asked how much they would charge to deliver and install it. (I had previously called them during my pre-purchase research and learned that they would charge an extra $70, which I was perfectly willing to pay). The sales associate I was talking to, named Allie (sp?), said that if I bought the TV from her over the phone, that she would be able to have it delivered and installed for free! Great I said!

I was very pleased to hear that. I paid for the new TV and she estimated that it would be delivered and installed the following week. A week later, mom complained that she had still never heard from Best Buy so I called the store. The clerk (Chris) who answered said that it had been shipped UPS from their warehouse!

I said WHAT???? I demanded to speak to the manager. The manager, Derek (he refused to give me his last name), was extremely rude and said that he didn't care what arrangements I thought I had made, all of their phone orders get shipped UPS from their warehouse!!! Regardless of what his sales employee had told me!!!

He said that my problem wasn't his problem and he then forwarded me to their customer service department (Minneapolis?). I talked to a customer care representative named Mitch, who listened to my complaint and said he would discuss the situation internally and get back with me.

Not surprisingly, I have never heard from him or anyone else at Best Buy again. What a terrible company!

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Sales Representative.

Comments