Best Buy - Lazy, incompetent customer service desk

Update added by user Aug 18, 2014

Update: I took it into the Best Buy at a different mall after the clips were fixed by me (simple) and I got full trade in value, and I'm typing this on my new MBP!

Original review posted by user Aug 09, 2014

I went into Best Buy today and took in my Mini to be bought back for in store credit towards an Retina MacBook Pro.It was in BEAUTIFUL condition.

Yesterday they only plugged it in the TV. Today they took it in the back room, were in there for 10 minutes and came back saying "Oh there's a piece under it broken," which were the RAM spreaders/clips. I knew a year ago when I upgraded the RAM to 8 GB, that I mistakenly pulled it out too much. But would bugged me was the fact that this was the only thing they found that would void them from taking the computer and guess what, it wasn't even damaged!

A few minutes ago I sat down and carefully bent it back into place.

Although I thought it was broken a year ago it *** me off that they carelessly inspect it.

Yes it needed to be inspected, but between the 10-minute product lookup, the grab *** from the Geek squad guys, etc.I'm done with Best Buy for a while after we buy the rMBP from a different location where I expect to get full trade in value.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 18, 2014 #858452 New Orleans, Louisiana

Wait.. you're mad that they won't buy back a piece of product that you admittedly damaged?

1 0 Reply

Aug 18, 2014 #858461

No, nowhere does it state in their ToS damaged items aren't taken. And if it was, it wasn't damaged. It was only bent. At least the other location took it.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Best Buy. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Best Buy.
Filing a new complaint about