Update added by user Aug 18, 2014
Update: I took it into the Best Buy at a different mall after the clips were fixed by me (simple) and I got full trade in value, and I'm typing this on my new MBP!
Original review posted by user Aug 09, 2014
I went into Best Buy today and took in my Mini to be bought back for in store credit towards an Retina MacBook Pro.It was in BEAUTIFUL condition.
Yesterday they only plugged it in the TV. Today they took it in the back room, were in there for 10 minutes and came back saying "Oh there's a piece under it broken," which were the RAM spreaders/clips. I knew a year ago when I upgraded the RAM to 8 GB, that I mistakenly pulled it out too much. But would bugged me was the fact that this was the only thing they found that would void them from taking the computer and guess what, it wasn't even damaged!
A few minutes ago I sat down and carefully bent it back into place.
Although I thought it was broken a year ago it *** me off that they carelessly inspect it.
Yes it needed to be inspected, but between the 10-minute product lookup, the grab *** from the Geek squad guys, etc.I'm done with Best Buy for a while after we buy the rMBP from a different location where I expect to get full trade in value.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ram Clips
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "Told the tech at Geek Squad 3 times no I don't want to buy the 200.00 year coverage, I turn my back and the little creep sold it to my..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Do you remember the days before the big chain stores when there was customer service? I can recall going to G. Fox and being waited on by a sales representative..."
- "They are the worst company i have ever dealt with. I ordered beautiful flowers for my niece and what she received was horrible. It looked lime they stopped at a..."
- "i purchase my recliner in 1/2014 @ Sanford FL store. One recliner i bought off the floor as is.No problem with that one .The other three had to be made..."
- "I found these thieves through Skyscanner.in I booked my tickets by my Debit card. They took me to 3D page where I entered my password and then I was directed..."