Update by user Aug 18, 2014

Update: I took it into the Best Buy at a different mall after the clips were fixed by me (simple) and I got full trade in value, and I'm typing this on my new MBP!

Original review posted by user Aug 09, 2014

I went into Best Buy today and took in my Mini to be bought back for in store credit towards an Retina MacBook Pro.It was in BEAUTIFUL condition.

Yesterday they only plugged it in the TV. Today they took it in the back room, were in there for 10 minutes and came back saying "Oh there's a piece under it broken," which were the RAM spreaders/clips. I knew a year ago when I upgraded the RAM to 8 GB, that I mistakenly pulled it out too much. But would bugged me was the fact that this was the only thing they found that would void them from taking the computer and guess what, it wasn't even damaged!

A few minutes ago I sat down and carefully bent it back into place.

Although I thought it was broken a year ago it *** me off that they carelessly inspect it.

Yes it needed to be inspected, but between the 10-minute product lookup, the grab *** from the Geek squad guys, etc.I'm done with Best Buy for a while after we buy the rMBP from a different location where I expect to get full trade in value.

Review about: Ram Clips.

Review #520146 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Comments

pissedthefukoff

It wasnt damaged to the guy below. Oh and i see he took it to another location and tgey credited him full trade in.

haha
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States #858452

Wait.. you're mad that they won't buy back a piece of product that you admittedly damaged?

appleincfriend
to haha #858461

No, nowhere does it state in their ToS damaged items aren't taken.And if it was, it wasn't damaged.

It was only bent.At least the other location took it.