Update added by user Aug 18, 2014
Update: I took it into the Best Buy at a different mall after the clips were fixed by me (simple) and I got full trade in value, and I'm typing this on my new MBP!
Original review posted by user Aug 09, 2014
I went into Best Buy today and took in my Mini to be bought back for in store credit towards an Retina MacBook Pro.It was in BEAUTIFUL condition.
Yesterday they only plugged it in the TV. Today they took it in the back room, were in there for 10 minutes and came back saying "Oh there's a piece under it broken," which were the RAM spreaders/clips. I knew a year ago when I upgraded the RAM to 8 GB, that I mistakenly pulled it out too much. But would bugged me was the fact that this was the only thing they found that would void them from taking the computer and guess what, it wasn't even damaged!
A few minutes ago I sat down and carefully bent it back into place.
Although I thought it was broken a year ago it *** me off that they carelessly inspect it.
Yes it needed to be inspected, but between the 10-minute product lookup, the grab *** from the Geek squad guys, etc.I'm done with Best Buy for a while after we buy the rMBP from a different location where I expect to get full trade in value.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ram Clips
- Review category
- Gadgets and Accessories
You May Also Like
- "Do you remember the days before the big chain stores when there was customer service? I can recall going to G. Fox and being waited on by a sales representative..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "Samsung refrigerator has had 5 service calls and still is broken. It is a $3000 refrigerator that neither company will agree to replace even partial payment. Water..."
- "I searched the web for best price on 32oz Minwax Spar Urethane. Found it advertised as sold by and shipped by Supply The Home. There was a price of less..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "Terrible customer service I ordered 2 Canvas couple of days ago as soon as did my purchase I noticed my canvas were black & white and I sent you guys..."