2.4

I placed an online order with bestbuy.com. I requested instore pickup, which was confirmed.

The pickup date for all three items that I ordered was 5 days later, which I assumed meant that they would be shipped to the store. Several days later, I received messages that two of the items were out of stock in the store, and that I must give another delivery address for them to be shipped. No option of a delayed instore pickup date was given. For me, that meant a third-party address twice as far from my home as the store, and via a tollway.

Worse, the pickup dates for the two items were two separate dates, with the vacuum cleaner being the first date.

Even worse, the third-party address can't hold an item as large as a vacuum, so that means two separate trips. I wish that the Best Buy website would be honest about instore pickup, or at least give more options if the item ordered isn't in stock in the store at the exact moment that the order is placed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Pros: Instore staff.

Best Buy Cons: Lack of options re instore pickup of online orders.

• Instore Pickup Of Online Orders