2.0

Update by user Jan 10, 2017

sent this as an attachment to Best Buy:

attributed to Sam Walton founder of Wal-Mart.

A Customer

A customer is the most important person in any business

A customer is not dependent upon us.

We are dependent upon him.

A customer is not an interruption of our work. He is the sole purpose of it. A customer does us a favor when he comes in. We aren't doing him a favor by waiting on him.

A customer is an essential part of our business--not an outsider. A customer is not just money in the cash register. He is a human being with feelings and deserves to be treated with respect. A customer is a person who comes to us with his needs and his wants.

It is our job to fill them. A customer deserves the most courteous attention we can give him. He is the lifeblood of this and every business. He pays your salary.

Without him we would have to close our doors. Don't ever forget it.

Original review posted by user Jan 09, 2017

I purchased a Garmin GPS today, December 20th but was not offered an extended warranty - today, December 20th - I called the store and only got useless menu options frustrating me and putting me off from ever returning to a Best Buy - why should I? It was insulting when trying to telephone the store, getting only an unresponsive menu selection and a complete inability to speak to a human being.

I called the ‘888' number to complain and try to find a human to reply to my complaints which took multiple menu options, hold options and call-back from a representative. It is dehumanizing to have my time trivialized and spent like it matters little. The call-back option person was in the Philippines; useless and uninformed. She told me to call the store if I had a problem - my problem was in calling the store, the menu options were useless.

I asked to be transferred to the USA. She refused and said there is no option to transfer my call. I asked to be transferred to Minnesota; she refused saying there are no options to transfer to Minnesota and to call the store. It was a useless call, a waste of my time and failed of its essential purpose: To talk with a human being about my dissatisfaction with a useless menu system; I.

To complain about how customers are treated including routing my complain to the Philippines to someone uninformed and unintelligible; II. To find out if I have an extended warranty option of what I just bought. I wasted over an hour on this and your customer disservice and [Best Buy’s] astonishingly self-defeating system called customer service. I will shop elsewhere and only at Best Buy as a last resort.

I was going to get a DVD player as a gift for someone which I will now buy [& everything I need] elsewhere. What a monumentally *** system Best Buy has adopted. It is a target-rich consumer environment out here, lots of online sellers and competitors who value customers.

I have enclosed a reprint attributable to Sam Walton - your customer service personnel [including those in the Philippines] should read it and quite possibly adopt the philosophy. I have sent this to your Best Buy, Minnesota as a courtesy as well.

Product or Service Mentioned: Garmin 010-01400-01 Gps Navigation System.

Preferred solution: a bad review to warn other consumers of Best Buy indifference & poor service.

Best Buy Pros: Product.

Best Buy Cons: Indifferent to customer anti-customer policies and procedures, Very rude customer service reps, Bad employees, Procedures and practices designed to defeat customer service.

• Customer Service and Delviery

Comments

dpcltd

Thank you "anonymous" for your instructive analysis. However, I recommend a second reading of my review so that you understand its meaning and focus.

Name calling, however, detracts from what you have to say and your credibility is weakened when engaging in such tactics.

So long as there are apologists such as you, for large corporations providing automated poor service, poor service will continue. If a customer accepts poor service without objection, the customer deserves the service he or she got. Poor service systems are by design, on purpose, by system designers, to make service almost unattainable. All IT system designers can design a ‘0’ button to speak to a real – time person but then, everyone would be pushing it – can’t have that, now, can we?

Less service provided translates to more profits.

You are correct in your opinion that Best Buy isn't going to listen – neither do all the other customer service providers who use automated systems populate retail commerce, whether it be Amazon, Wal-Mart, cable service providers or cell phone service systems; they’re all alike – time wasted, little if any service in response and angry, frustrated customers.

Best Buy and all the others are unwilling and unable [by design] to provided meaningful customer service.

Best Buy isn't Walmart. Even Walmart and Amazon ALL have some form of automated answering machines.

It would actually be unintelligent to not have such equipment being such a large Corp. Last but not least being unable and unwilling are two totally different things and you should probably open a dictionary. Maybe if you didn't put all that junk in there you might actually have a valid argument.

Unfortunately my guess is Best Buy isn't going to listen to such uneducated nonsense and therefore what you want accomplished actually ends up reinforcing the opposite. Thanks.