New York, New York

Went into NYC Union Square store today to pick up a laptop ordered by 80 year old family member as holiday gift. Item listed under her C.C name, not mine.

Because she missed a field on a page listing me as 'authorized' pick up person, store refused to allow me to pick up item. Told them item listed under my cell number, receipt went to my email, I have purchasing c.c address, offered to put her on phone to confirm with c.c. in hand. Met with stone cold indifference by store manager 'Darryl.' Called Best Buy online and, after being placed on hold for 20 minutes(!) called on second line and went through whole thing over again with manager online.

No change in status. To sum- I offered multiple solutions to solve problem immediately- BB offers none. Walk into store reasonable, polite gift recipient. Raving lunatic by time I leave store.

By the way- I manage other type of store, and spend much of my day making sure my customers have exactly the opposite experiences.

Never going to BB again- no wonder they're tanking.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Best_Buy_Tom

Hey, it's Christmas. An 80 year old relative makes a little logistical mistake...MEH!

My store would have found a way around it for you!

Sorry for your troubles. If I were you, I'd still push this through Best Buy Customer Care at 1-888-237-8289.

Tanking?????? Stock is up around $40 a share again.

They are only protecting your 80 year relative from a fraudulent pickup. Not to be rude, but don't blame BBY because she missed a critical part of the ordering process.