Exchange Policy Review

Mother bought me an LG head set but bought the wrong one. I went back to the store with sealed box and in there bag and they denied the exchange due to me not having the paper receipt l. I was spending double more on the new set. Worst customer service ever
Review
#619539 Review #619539 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

Verified Reviewer

Terrible Customer Service!!! No Loyalty!!! | Best Buy review from Oswego, Illinois

I have been shopping at the Oswego Il Best Buy since the store opened. I am a Loyal Platinum customer. I have bought all of my 7 flat screen tvs as well as my home theatre and all electronics exclusively at Best Buy. I am writing to you about a recent incident at this particular store. I placed an order for a 42 inch Visio Smart Tv. I was told the order would arrive on 4/2/15. I went to the store at 6 15 pm on the 2nd. The associate at the store informed me that the truck had not shown up and that it should have arrived at 3pm. She then informed me that even if it showed up I could not get the tv that night. After informing her that I needed something now she said that if I wanted someone could help me find another tv. I went to talk to an associate in the tv section. I explained my situation and told him I needed a tv tonight. I found a tv Samsung model UN4046203AFXZA this tv was 444.99. The Vizio tv model M4221-I-BI WAS 429.99. This associate said he would talk to a manager and see if he could price match the tv. When he came back he explained that because it was a different brand the manager said no. I told the associate I can not believe that for 15 dollars Best Buy is losing a loyal lifetime customer. He was a very rude, ignorant associate and replied sorry that's how it is. I feel betrayed. After the 10s of thousands of dollars I have spent and the great recommendations I have given to people over the years to shop at Best Buy, this is a slap in the face. I left the store and purchased a tv at SAMs Club. I just wanted to let shoppers know how the manager at the Oswego store has turned away a lifetime customer.

Best Buy - Employee Review from Moline, Illinois

Normally you would get assaulted by every employee in the building... the one time i really want help.. l can't get it. I stood by the cell phone counter for over 20minutes.... some people would just walk near me and poof! They get helped.. is it to much to ask for some one to help a person that was there first? Todays date 12/7/14 it is currently 12:57.
Tom

Not like it's Sunday, or anything...not like they're just standing around not helping other customers...not like it's 2 weeks before Christmas, right? Have you even TRIED asking if there's a line to get help...or, if they are taking names? SMH

You know, if you have gone into the same store before, and acted rudely as multiple employees did their job to contact you they probably remember you; they probably think, hey - theres that *** that I tried helping before, he didn't want help then so he probably wants to be left alone this time. Try being nice, and stop acting like an entitled ***.

View more comments (1)

Miss Leading Price Match Information | Best Buy review from Medinah, Illinois

On 11/8/14 my son purchased a Sharp Aquos Q+ 60" LED TV at the Best Buy in Crystal Lake, Il. The sale price was $1399.00. He purchased the 2 yr protection plan as well. I was with him and questioned the sales rep regarding the pricing should it be lower in the next couple of weeks. He assured me that their Price Match Guarantee would cover that. Not once did he mention that the prices on Thanksgiving weekend would not be matched. We were in the McHenry, IL store on Sunday 11/30/14 and noticed that the exact same set was priced at $1299.00. We took his receipt to the Customer Service desk and were told that the price match does not apply from 11/27/14 thru 12/1/14 inclusive. This to me is a direct contradiction of what was told to us when we purchased the TV. Unless this gets rectified on 12/2/14. That Sharp TV will be the last purchase we make at Best Buy. There are certainly other options and I would spend the gas money to shop them rather than buy anything else from Best Buy. The sales person making the sale was either mis-informed or using deceptive sales tactics to gain the sale that day. If you have a price match honor it. If I hadn't already cut up the box, we would return the set to them and repurchase. This would leave them with an open box special and get me some satisfaction. It is still my last Best Buy Purchase. rick.math123@gmail.com
MattD78

He shouldn't have to mention that Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend prices would not be matched, that should be a given. If the tv was lowered after Thanksgiving weekend I am sure they would price adjust it, but to expect them to price match a Black Friday ad because you bought the tv ahead of time is completely unreasonable.

Problems with payment

Iphone Review

I went to best buy mobile to trade in my iPhone for $100. They kept me waiting and provided terrible service, not only did they lie to me, but they were very rude.
Poor customer service

Paid for items that I have never received. | Best Buy review from O Fallon, Illinois

3.7
Same problem here. I ordered a stack kit with my washer and dryer and after 2 deliveries they still don't have it here. I also ordered a double oven and they came out to messure the opening to make sure it would fit and then canceled the order without saying anything, but didn't tell the delivery people (who I found out when they were here they don't even work for Best Buy) until they came out to install it only to find out it wouldn't fit. then ordered a new one only but they keep putting off saying it's on back order. Why was it not on back order 6 weeks ago or anytime in between when I ordered it until 3 days before delivery. So they have full payment for all items and they still have the items as well.
Review
Pros
  • Staffs were nice
  • Competitive prices
Cons
  • Customer service
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Dishwasher Nightmare | Best Buy review from North Aurora, Illinois

Best buy is the absolute worst! I have never been treated so poorly or experienced such awful customer service in my life! The only reason we purchased our "new" (but it was really used, had water in it and did not get the insulation with it or the box) dishwasher is because they wouldn't return a TV that was ONE day past the return policy. They have GOT to be trained to pass the buck on every call bc that is what happens every single time.. it's unreal. My husband spent 4 hours with them last night just to resolve NOTHING. Not its 8am and we're starting again. This was NOT our fault, yet we are doing all of the leg work and trying to fix it. All we want is a warranty as they sold us a used dishwasher with no insulation or box at the new price..is that so much to ask? This is the 3rd time we've dealth with BB and this will be the last. They have not only lost us as customers, but our friends and family and anyone else we know will be advised of this terrible stressful service as well.
Preferred solution
All we want is a warranty for the product you sold as well as the insulation so we can return what Menards provided out of kindness.

Please dont buy stuff from Bestbuy.. Its a waste of your money !! | Best Buy review from Palatine, Illinois

Hi, I bought 2 wireless mouse from Bestbuy. One worked for 3 months and I opened other one after 3 months and it never worked. When I call the customer care about this, they said, you should have read customer return policy before buying and should have bought warranty. That idiotic customer rep even asked me to go to HP website to return the product. Bestbuy is just waste of money.. Please buy stuff at other places like groupon or Amazon or e-bay. Please buy stuff from BESTBUY if you want to fill your trash bin. Take this review serious or else God have to save you !!
MattD78

"That idiotic customer rep even asked me to go to HP website to return the product."

Hey genius, that is what you do when past the store's return policy and it is now an issue of a manufacturer's warranty due to defect. After Best Buy's 15 day return policy it is no longer their issue.

It then becomes time for YOU to deal with the manufacturer and THEIR warranty.

How long do you expect to be able to exchange an item through Best Buy? 6 months? A year?

It doesn't work that way.

You want to have people shop at Amazon instead? Sure, let's read Amazon's defective item policy:

"If your item isn't working properly, please check the product manual and Amazon.com detail page for troubleshooting steps. If you need additional help with troubleshooting, warranty information, or need missing or replacement parts, contact the product's manufacturer."

Oh look, it says if you need help contact the product's manufacturer for warranty information, the same thing BEST BUY told you to do.

Target, Walmart, HHGregg, any retailer works the same way.

After their designated return/exchange timeframe if anything goes wrong after that you must contact the manufacturer. Welcome to retail shopping.

They don't honor extended warranty | Best Buy review from Burbank, Illinois

Do not buy tv's from bestbuy, they do not honor their warranty...purchased a tv less than a month old and bought extended warranty n they guess what was wrong with it and said it's not covered..BEWARE...My tv screen went out in a few weeks, they suggested I must have thrown something at it. I spoke to sales manager and corporate. General manager sent word through corporate he will not replace tv. Cust service dept was not friendly. Stay away from location on Cicero across from ford city, no class or service. Manager stone faced and don't care what happen, they have no compassion.

Yes, very unscrupulous for them to give u the value of ur laptop so u can get a new computer. How dare they give u a refund for ur computer so u can get a new one!

Time to call the better business bureau. I hate when stores give me exactly what I want.

If I was you I would definitely stay away after being treated so badly.... absolutely ridiculous.

OK Jet, lemme get this straight. You purchased a laptop and bought the warranty to go along with it.

You broke your laptop and then they gave you money or store credit for the value of the laptop so u can get a new computer. Why the *** are u bit ching? What would you have liked them to do? If the cost to repair the computer actually costs more than the computer originally did then its not economical to fix and they give a new one.

You're getting a new computer. You sound like a *** *** hole who shouldn't even own a computer.

Get over yourself you over entitled diva. Good luck getting Walmart to try to repair or replace anything

I had an encounter with Worst Buy. I purchase a laptop with a 3 year warranty.

After 2weeks the computer fell and was returned to worst buy. Two weeks later they advise me that the computer can not be repaired and they were refunding the price of the computer. I asked why refund and not replacement,they told me the warranty was void and i could purchase a new one with the new laptop.what a fraud, i was told by the associate they will repair or replace if anything happen.After spending so much money for a 3yr warrant it was all over in one month.

i ask the associate if i did not use the warranty during the 3 years if i would have gotten a refund, the answer was NO. How unscrupulous.NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN,SPREAD THE WORD

All Best Buy Stoes are like that. Just stay away.

View more comments (3)
Damaged or defective
Loss

Won't Fully Credit my card for an Erroneous Automatic Renewal! | Best Buy review from Champaign, Illinois

Total lack of customer service,misleading sales and their once it's out the door, not their problem policy has taught me to NEVER do business with Best Buy! Still an automatic charge for renewal of anti virus appeared on my credit card!---I assumed for an ASUS computer that we had to totally wipe 3 years ago---Why? Hmmm. Now I find out that they sold me anti virus for the MacBook instead! The computer that didn't need anti virus. Bad me for letting it get paid this long!--but when I did catch it last week (and it has taken a week to get to the bottom of it---the renewal charge was over 30 days old (and please realize much of that time was because they hadn't sent me the bill due to the billing cycle), so Best Buy will not credit back the entire amount of the 'automatic' renewal (is over 30 days)! I guess screwing with me when all I expected was for them to *** the current charge ---confirms that the big screen we want to shop for will NOT be from Best Buy. Nor will anyone I know shop there if I can help it. Just renewed our phones ELSEWHERE with great customer service! Don't buy into the Best Buy 'has it all' illusion! Their return policy stinks! The refrigerator we'd bought there always had issues and suffered with it for 2 years until safety forced us to replace our 'new' one from Best Buy. The router---their 'coupons'---Looking back, I'm embarrassed that I kept trying to do business with them!
Preferred solution
The $1000 mark is because of the *** frig I had to replace! Right now--just get this ridiculous charge off my account!---How petty of a business to want to continue to screw me for $7.08! But that's how you guys are.