Refused to take a return | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

Tonight, I was at best buy store in Gurnee Illinois to exchange an item that was never opened, in its original packing with original receipt. Just ask to get it exchange or return to get some other item. The store manager was very rude and refused to take my return back. Her name is stephanie. I expalined her that I am not asking money back or refund. She said we dont carry this item in store anymore. I brought and showed her same item which was on selling floor, according to her this is not a same product because the color is different. I spent thousands of dollars in last few months at best buy. In return we get this kind of service. She was very rude to their loyal customer. I feel so affended and decided not to spent not a single penny on this store. I am sure they are going to loose lot of bussiness due to hiring these in competant people who dont know how to respect thier cusomer.and where they dont care about thier customers. This is not about a $70.00 return, which doest not mean anything to a person who spent thousands of dollars in one place. I want this message should go to upper management and expect some response to my note.

:zzz

I have NEVER had a problem with returns to BB, because I always follow the rurn policy. Sounds like you did not.

I have never heard of anyone being denied a return because they don't stock the item any more unless it's outside the timeframe of their return policies.

If you were outside of the return time, then it's on you.

You shouldn't be mad that you weren't given special treatment, no matter how much of a diva attitude you have. Drop the diva routine, abide by the store's return policy and there won't be a problem.

Upper management will not care. I have no idea why ANYONE would go to Best Buy for anything. Read Forbes.com and you will see why this company should not last long.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Manager

Worst Buy! | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

Yesterday, I went into the Best Buy Mobile store at the Fashion Square Mall in Charlottesville, Va. Asked a simple question, "Do you have any IPhone 4s for Verizon service in stock" was told "why an IPhone" I said because I want an iPhone. Again was asked "why an iPhone" I said because I like the iPhone and that's what I want. The store clerk, or ***, said that there are so many other phones that are way better than the iPhone. He went on and on why my decision to get an iPhone sucks. I will never set foot in that store again, and his attitude sucks!!! There are phones that are probably better than the iPhone, but I am the Customer, and if I want an iPhone, I should be able to purchase an iPhone. I also noticed that the store doesn't get much Customers in, I wonder why. The rate that they going *** off Customers, the store should be closing soon! Won't be missed! WORST BUY!!!

What country am I in? | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

I went into Best Buy to purchase a tv for Christmas. Expecting some kind of Christmas music blaring from one of the tv's, I hear a tv using Pandora blaring a sad Mexican love song from a famous but dead Mexican movie singing star. I am Mexican, but please, its Christmas. When I asked a manager to change it, I was told it was for their Mexican customers. I asked him, what country are we in? then I asked how do they feel about their American customers? I proceeded to tell him, unfortunately, for the Spanish language, beautiful though it is (and I am fluent) it is not the language of business. Since I was in Lansing IL and not somewhere in Loco, California, I would appreciate it if they would put some holiday music, any holiday music on, as long as its in English. Ya know, learning the language of the country one is living in, is a sign of respect for that country and its people. Not only that, but it is a way to help safeguard your family and friends if you know the language of the country you are in, just in case you need help or in cases of an emergency. Best Buy, in Lansing iL, we speak languages other than Spanish. But English is our native language here in the USA.

Stop reposting! We got the hint the first time you posted this useless petty ***

*** you complain about a Spanish song at best buy because you live in america.? your Mexican embrace your couture.Your people want to complain about equal rights then get mad when there's a Spanish song playing at a local best buy your a dumb F***.Teach your children both languages that way they can be ahead and get payed more when they grow up you *** ***.

View more comments (1)
Best Buy Manager
Loss
I am so disappointed at whoever decided that marketing against Santa by drinking Santa's milk, kicking him off the roof and telling him he's not worth anything but to fill the puppy's little stocking is good for my family. Exactly who are you pleasing with...

I too will not buy from Best Buy again. Let children believe as long as they can that this special person will make them smile!

We adults try to make this holiday a happy one for the little ones and my grands would be so disappointed if they thought there was NO SANTA! If you raise your kids to know better, then so be it. But let the rest of the world enjoy the jolly old elf, see the smiles that make you cry, feel the hugs that make you get chills because that little boy or girl is so happy! They just know that Santa brings them presents and cannot get all the things they want.

They usually are so excited to see anything out by the tree that they probably couldn't tell you what was missing. We have taught our children and grandchildren to remember that the reason for the season is Jesus' birthday and that is the most important thing to teach them. We can keep pushing everything we grew up knowing and believing in to the breaking point and soon we will be no better that the ad people that thought these commercials would be funny! God and Jesus have been pushed away or out of everything so why not Santa?

Well, don't come to my house because we believe in God and Jesus and Santa!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :cry

View more comments

Best buy

Store had bluray players with hdmi attached to all the boxes by rubber band. You get to the check out and you're informed that its not a bundle just a suggest buy. you ask to speak to a manager and the manager acts like you're the one that doesn't understand why a big rubber band around both products is not a bundle, even though the store managed to create hundreds of these bundles. No sign to advise you, nothing more than misleading consumers to sell overpriced aftermarket HDMI cables. I guess it's not fraud but sure smells like it.

Why the *** do they bundle HDMI cables to video game controllers? Suggested buy my ***, it's totally misleading.

They tricked my mom into buying a 30 dollar HDMI cable that we didn't even need. *** BEST BUY

your that guy that thinks because its there its free. If it doesn't say "FREE" that means its not.

And its simple you get to the front they suggest it you say no you leave you dont cause a scene about getting it free. And as far as cheap AFTERMARKET HDMI i didn't know there where OEM HDMI's.Do some research you sound like the type of person that would say "THERE ALL THE SAME JUST DIFFERENT BRANDS" when in fact there not that's probably why your movie looks like sh1t now

TimThomas

As I said before if they don't advertise a freebie it's there to try and get you to purchase. I see stuff like that all the time in stores and you know what I do see for free? Rubber bands!

John N

Well, I did not know this and also would have been rather pissed at the checkout. But, then I no longer shop at BestBuy due to their *** customer service.

If they strap something to a product's box with a rubber band, the reasonable expectation is that it comes with the product, for no charge. Apparently, this is another one of those "you're supposed to know" situations.

Ever heard of an add on or suggestive buy? Was there a sign that said the HDMI cables were included with the Blu ray players?

I doubt it.

You were just dumb to realize this since you lack common sense. Please don't breed for the worlds sake.

Stores do this all the time on items with little/no profit margin. Even if it was a bundle there's 2 types.

Bundles that are boxed have 1 SKU and thus one price. Bundles that are strapped together at best will have a discount on one item or both. In this case it was rubber banded, if you didn't want that don't take it.

The PS3 Bundle for 199 had a spare remote strapped to the side with a similar setup, and not being a fool I simply pulled the extra remote off mine and continued to checkout for 199. You were there for an item in the ad, if the ad didn't advertise free goodies don't expect it for free just because they're suggesting you purchase both items together.

View more comments (5)
Review

5 week old lap top had problems took it back they wouldnt fix it or return my money | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

Best Buy should be called Worst Buy I will never purchase another item there again, customer satisfaction is zero they dont care once the sale is made you are on your own. I purchased an HP laptop on may 27th 2011 on july 4th i noticed a problem i took it back to the store and was told i needed to pay $84.95 to have it diagnosed and then pay whatever it would be to get it fixed i said no way you fix it or return my money they refused, i then called Hp headquarters and was told no problem it was under warranty and they will honor it.So as i see it Worst Buy is ripping people off if they go under its their own doing for screwing customers over, from now on i will go to Staples they are much nicer and if somethign goes wrong they will fix it and make it right.

wow still trying to figure out where best buy was at fault

ha! my asus is 3 months old and best buy has taken it for service under the manufacturers warranty twice.

The first time was a faulty screen and the second time was the mouse pad. both were replaced no additional coverage.

John K

I've been shopping at Best Buy for fifteen years, have never had a problem with their products or their service.

Staples won't be any different. No store is going to fix a computer that is more than 30 days old for free unless you purchased a service plan. As you found out, all computers come with a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer.

"Your ignorant" - Best comment ever.

Most laptops come with a 1 yr. mfg warranty that retail stores have nothing to do with. If there is an issue with the laptop there is nothing that the retail store can really do outside of the return period.

Learn the definition of "retail store" or buy a service plan. Your ignorant.

View more comments (5)
Best Buy Customer Care

Geeks squad Black Tie protection a joke | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

I have a MacBook air and have brought it in 3 times to the Geek Squad, They have no knowledge of the product and don't honor the replacement program. I will never buy another product from Best Buy in my life. They have performed software and hardware repairs and refuse to aknowlegde the problem.never again will I set foot in that store anfd they are arrogant and I don't like them anfd they don't like me or my kids or my wife...I could go on and on but I spent way too much time on this ***
pov9596

The plan isn't a replacement plan. Read the terms and conditions.

Unopened Wireless Return | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

Best Buy would not let me return a wireless router because it was 30 days past the date of purchase. Unopeded still in plastic. OK I get that. So give me store credit right? NO. Can't do that either because they decided to discontinue this item. Unbeliveable. I despise this store as it is and this just made me livid. Not only will I not go in the store again I will be sure to announce to the world how much they suck and their customer service skills are pathetic. Managers don't give a *** and they are all 20 something years old with no skills dealing with the public.
smedrik

You had 30 days to decide whether or not you wanted the item. A month is more than enough. Return policies are apply to EVERYBODY.

pov9596

Your story doesn't add up. If it were 30 days past the sale date then they would have returned it because the return policy is 30 days.

So how old was it really?

Just because you are young doesn't mean you are incompetent. Get a life.

Go to Wal-Mart and see if 30 days actually means 32.

Go to Target and see if 90 days means 94.

When you find out that 30 days means 30 days, I hope you realize how much of a diva you are.

smedrik

I am sorry you don't think a written and posted return policy applies to you, however it does.

You had requested that the bend the rules for you and approve a transaction which would have cost the company money.

Feel free to call the associates every name in the book, however you were the one in the wrong.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Best Buy refuses to honor the extended warranty I purschased from them.

I purchased my laptop and two year warranty at Best Buy in Oct 2009. A couple weeks ago I noticed that the monitor seemed loose. I picked it up and the hinge was broken. I took it to Geek Squad and they instantly claimed accidental so they won't cover it. I left and a week later I took it back with my boyfriend. A couple days later they notified me that they won't fix it due to an accident. My boyfriend was on the phone for two days getting the run around. One phone call was a 3-way with him,corporate, and the store manager. They won't budge. I filed a complaint with their corporate office and two complaints with the BBB. After talking to a few others they gave me their opinion that Best Buy is known for horrible customer service. Why am I the only person that didn't know that? I told them in my email that I will NEVER step foot into a store or purchase online. I am appalled at how horrible they treat customers and they need to be shut down. I don't have my laptop back and I am worried that more damage will be done that they won't claim. I just want my laptop back but I'm not giving up just yet. They have NO idea who their messing with. I will never buy a laptop again either. Laptops dont like me.
Alan C

There are 2 plans at BBY - standard and premium, with and without damage - OP paid for the one without. Regardless, the deception at the date of purchase is unacceptable, yet commonplace at BBY due to the pressure to sell the Bleak Squad Black Tie plans.

@paul - with all due respect - for a $499 laptop without damage coverage, BBY charges $119.

- this is from the DATE OF PURCHASE. The mfr covers year 1 - so you (in general) paid for year 2 ONLY. What a RIPOFF! the onnly way they sell these is with some form of deception at the point of sale.

While a lot of the above may be true. the reality is that bestbuy geeksquad protection is worth the $$. The above was likely at locations that are definatley low level and even cities I wouldnt ever live in.

Ive used BB warranties for years and never had a single problem...and yet Ive never worked in retail anywhere and I am not a troll but a user who has never had a bad experience though I have relatives who did.

#272086

If I was hired by someone, I want my paycheck. Could it be that you just can't accept that people get mad over situations and they are just PLAIN WRONG? Nah, someone has to be an employee to disagree.

Unfortunatily, like other sites that offer upset consumers,and disgruntled ex employees a chance to vent, or warn others. A well known trend exists where companies,and other corporate entities hire organizations that troll sites like these.

They quickly place "troublemakers" on these boards to "debunk",and "beatdown" posters who have had bad experiences. I see that this appears to be the case here as well.

Wellou did let me guess you did nothing to it. YOu did not drop it or use the screen as a handle to carry it around.

I have used the Geek squad and the protection plans for years and have found them to be quite fair and honest. I have the money to just go and replace anything I want but continue to use them. I stand in line and listen to the whiners who just want some one else to pay for their stupidity. Let me tell you something the plans do not cover *** or lazy.

I have used other stores "protection Plans" only to find out they were just extenstions of what the Mfg offers good luck with those, and to you not stepping foot in Best Buy. Go use the white trash mecca and see what you get.

Sounds like you just didn't want to accept responsibility for damaging your laptop and wanted Best Buy to write the check for it. It isn't going to happen as your warranty clearly doesn't cover accidental damage.

I'm surprised they would even talk to you boyfriend. Since he didn't purchase the laptop, he has nothing to do with the situation.

You need to accept the fact that you broke your laptop and need to learn to take better care of your things.

Best Buy extended service plans suck. Anything happens to your equipment and they say it was an accident and not covered.

View more comments (6)

Sold broken netbook | Best Buy review from Chicago, Illinois

I purchased a netbook toshiba computer at best buy along with a 50 inch plasma tv digital antenna several weeks before that I bought a 4 g evil phone I was in the process of moving from 1 house to the other kindred open the computer up right away up on opening it it appeared fine once it was powered up the screen and some black marks on it tired programmed in the passwordbut never did anything else when I went to return it they said I had done the damage because it took so long for me to return it 05 daysand then I put a password in lol refund no return no repair matthew stone operations manager at the chesterfield michigan store number 1095 he was rude and matter of factlythat I was out of luck
Mike

I would suggest re-taking grade school and then attempting to post your complaint again.