How long can Best Buy keep me on hold?

How long can Best Buy keep me on hold?
I called the Vernon Hills, Illinois Best Buy to see if they had a router in stock. The auto system said that my call would be answered in order, and that three customers were ahead of me. So I waited. Five minutes. Ten minutes. At 15 minutes, I sat on the couch with a book, put my phone on speaker, and waited to see how long it would take. After FORTY-THREE MINUTES ON HOLD, someone answered. At this point, I didn't care about the router anymore. I asked to speak to a manager. After a moment, the associate said that the manager was busy, and asked if he could help. I told him that I had been on hold for 43 minutes, and wanted to talk to the manager. Rather than apologizing, or saying that he'd get the manager right away, he said: "Well, I've been answering calls, and I didn't see anyone on hold for that long." So basically, the associate was either saying that I had mistaken a much shorter period of time for 43 minutes, or he was accusing me of lying. I gritted my teeth and asked to speak to the manager. The associate went away for a couple more minutes, then came back to say that the manager was going to be busy for a while with something else. I waited a few seconds to see if he would offer to take my phone number. Of course he did not. So I said I'll give you my number and the manager can call me back. He took my number. That was at around 7:45pm last night. I still have not gotten a phone call from a manager, and it's been several days. I heard a story saying that Best Buy was making a comeback. With customer service like this, I have no idea how that can be. I don't know if I will ever shop at Best Buy again. P.S. I have a screen shot of my phone showing the length of the call.

Dude calm down. Calls can take a while especially if the people ahead of you are wanting everything explained to them or if they are making a large order.

Issue resolved.

HELLO.....BestBuy needs your HELP!

Maybe its not BB that needs help after all.

View more comments (2)