1K views

The Best Buy Store at Fairless Hills, PA sold me a MacBook Pro for $1200 with a ream of printer paper inside instead of the laptop. I immediately emailed the Customer Service Department on Christmas morning (since it was a present) with the fraud. I received a reply later at night that said I should take the fraudulent purchase back to the store for a replacement.

On the day after Christmas at 10am on Dec. 26th, I went to the store in person. DREW the Assistant Store Manager failed to resolve the situation and denied to take responsibility for this SCAM. He even went to the extent to remind me that all returns are at the discretion of the store. Drew also failed to comply with the email that I had received from the Best Buy Customer Service Department that instructed the store to replace the fraudulent purchase. I left the store with my MacBook Pro box with a ream of printer paper and no resolution in hand.

The Store Manager - Mike Groden - chose to not reply to my email and personal visit. I had to call the store back at 4:30pm even though I was told to expect a call from the store manager when he came in 2pm.

The store's operations manager - Anthony called me at 4:30pm and kept pushing me back to Apple and said that Best Buy couldn't solve the problem. All he did was apologize multiple times and failed to take action to fix the problem!

Finally, when I called Apple Customer Care the representative confirmed what I had been telling the store managers at Best Buy - that since the store sold me the fraud they were responsible to replace it. The Apple rep was shocked to hear that Best Buy was pushing me around in this situation and failing to take responsibility for the fraudulent transaction. The Apple rep also called the store manager directly to remind him of the store's responsibility.

I AM WRITING THIS REVIEW SO THAT EVERYONE IS WARNED OF THE INCOMPETENCE OF THE STORE MANAGER - MIKE GRODEN, THE OPERATIONS MANAGER - ANTHONY AND THE ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - DREW.

If despite this review, you choose to purchase a laptop at this store, PLEASE OPEN THE BOX in the store to make sure that all of it's contents are inside.

Finally, at 8pm on 12/26 I had to travel back to the store again (a 35 minute ride from my home) where the store manager replaced my laptop. He didn't apologize to me in person and didn't even bother to give me an explanation which I found rude and unprofessional!

FOR ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS REVIEW - PLEASE BE VERY CAUTIOUS BEFORE YOU BUY A PACKAGED ITEM AT THIS STORE. The store has scammed me and can scam you!!

PLEASE DON'T SHOP AT THIS STORE AND TAKE THE RISK OF GETTING SCAMMED!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Replacement.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

• Macbook Pro

Comments

I've had my credit card info stolen here also.

#1241974

I too, have bought emty ink cartrages, if I ever have to go to the Fairless Hills Best Buy, I have customer service open the package before I leave the store. I go to NJ Best Buy and I am treated with respect, and have never had any problems in NJ.

I mostly deal with Amazon now anyway. Never had a problem with them, and I spend a lot of money there, instead of Best Buy!

#1241971

I have had 3 simular issues at this same store. Empty ink cartrages, different video card in box and a,usb extender box that didn't work and they wouldn't return it.

#1194998

I've shopped at that Best Buy for years, and I've NEVER had a problem. Something sounds fishy about your story!

At least they were "kind" enough to exchange the box for a computer. I purchased a tablet at Best Buy, and when I got it home, discovered that the screen was cracked.

I took it back to the store and was told that they could not take it back because it was not in like new condition. General Manager, Scott M, said that once you leave the store,the merchandise belongs to you, whether it is 20 seconds, 20 minutes or 20 days. He said that it was "his store" and anyone that didn't like his decision could call corporate.

Then he said he had other customers to assist and walked away. No resolution, and I haven't heard anything back from corporate, either.

Best buy in general from the top corporate employees, to the store sales staffers, stop making bait and switch issues, lies, missed opportunities, non received call backs. JUST SO YOU KNOW, I RECORDED EVERY SINGLE CALL AND KEPT ALL RECORDS.

I CAN BACK UP THAT MORE THAN FIFTEEN EMPLOYEES FAILED TO ASSIST OR FOLLOW UP.

Best Buy Reviews