I called the Vernon Hills, Illinois Best Buy to see if they had a router in stock. The auto system said that my call would be answered in order, and that three customers were ahead of me. So I waited. Five minutes. Ten minutes. At 15 minutes, I sat on the couch with a book, put my phone on speaker, and waited to see how long it would take.

After FORTY-THREE MINUTES ON HOLD, someone answered. At this point, I didn't care about the router anymore. I asked to speak to a manager. After a moment, the associate said that the manager was busy, and asked if he could help. I told him that I had been on hold for 43 minutes, and wanted to talk to the manager. Rather than apologizing, or saying that he'd get the manager right away, he said: "Well, I've been answering calls, and I didn't see anyone on hold for that long."

So basically, the associate was either saying that I had mistaken a much shorter period of time for 43 minutes, or he was accusing me of lying. I gritted my teeth and asked to speak to the manager. The associate went away for a couple more minutes, then came back to say that the manager was going to be busy for a while with something else. I waited a few seconds to see if he would offer to take my phone number. Of course he did not. So I said I'll give you my number and the manager can call me back. He took my number. That was at around 7:45pm last night. I still have not gotten a phone call from a manager, and it's been several days.

I heard a story saying that Best Buy was making a comeback. With customer service like this, I have no idea how that can be.

I don't know if I will ever shop at Best Buy again.

P.S. I have a screen shot of my phone showing the length of the call.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of best buy customer care. Best Buy needs to "gift card" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned best buy customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Best Buy. You can also consider other companies suggested by the author: Walmart, Sears, Hhgregg, Kmart or Amazon.

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Comments

Dude calm down. Calls can take a while especially if the people ahead of you are wanting everything explained to them or if they are making a large order.

Issue resolved.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1036568

HELLO.....BestBuy needs your HELP!

Maybe its not BB that needs help after all.