How long can Best Buy keep me on hold?

I called the Vernon Hills, Illinois Best Buy to see if they had a router in stock. The auto system said that my call would be answered in order, and that three customers were ahead of me. So I waited. Five minutes. Ten minutes. At 15 minutes, I sat on the couch with a book, put my phone on speaker, and waited to see how long it would take.

After FORTY-THREE MINUTES ON HOLD, someone answered. At this point, I didn't care about the router anymore. I asked to speak to a manager. After a moment, the associate said that the manager was busy, and asked if he could help. I told him that I had been on hold for 43 minutes, and wanted to talk to the manager. Rather than apologizing, or saying that he'd get the manager right away, he said: "Well, I've been answering calls, and I didn't see anyone on hold for that long."

So basically, the associate was either saying that I had mistaken a much shorter period of time for 43 minutes, or he was accusing me of lying. I gritted my teeth and asked to speak to the manager. The associate went away for a couple more minutes, then came back to say that the manager was going to be busy for a while with something else. I waited a few seconds to see if he would offer to take my phone number. Of course he did not. So I said I'll give you my number and the manager can call me back. He took my number. That was at around 7:45pm last night. I still have not gotten a phone call from a manager, and it's been several days.

I heard a story saying that Best Buy was making a comeback. With customer service like this, I have no idea how that can be.

I don't know if I will ever shop at Best Buy again.

P.S. I have a screen shot of my phone showing the length of the call.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Appliances and Electronics
review #702633 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Best Buy? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 01, 2015 #1056785

Dude calm down. Calls can take a while especially if the people ahead of you are wanting everything explained to them or if they are making a large order.

Oct 19, 2015 #1050865

Issue resolved.

Sep 20, 2015 #1036568 Mount Laurel, New Jersey

HELLO.....BestBuy needs your HELP!
Maybe its not BB that needs help after all.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.