I called the Vernon Hills, Illinois Best Buy to see if they had a router in stock. The auto system said that my call would be answered in order, and that three customers were ahead of me. So I waited. Five minutes. Ten minutes. At 15 minutes, I sat on the couch with a book, put my phone on speaker, and waited to see how long it would take.
After FORTY-THREE MINUTES ON HOLD, someone answered. At this point, I didn't care about the router anymore. I asked to speak to a manager. After a moment, the associate said that the manager was busy, and asked if he could help. I told him that I had been on hold for 43 minutes, and wanted to talk to the manager. Rather than apologizing, or saying that he'd get the manager right away, he said: "Well, I've been answering calls, and I didn't see anyone on hold for that long."
So basically, the associate was either saying that I had mistaken a much shorter period of time for 43 minutes, or he was accusing me of lying. I gritted my teeth and asked to speak to the manager. The associate went away for a couple more minutes, then came back to say that the manager was going to be busy for a while with something else. I waited a few seconds to see if he would offer to take my phone number. Of course he did not. So I said I'll give you my number and the manager can call me back. He took my number. That was at around 7:45pm last night. I still have not gotten a phone call from a manager, and it's been several days.
I heard a story saying that Best Buy was making a comeback. With customer service like this, I have no idea how that can be.
I don't know if I will ever shop at Best Buy again.
P.S. I have a screen shot of my phone showing the length of the call.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Gift card
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I brought something from best buy. I went to return it to be told that my item was returned already. If that's so. How do I still got the..."
- "I fell in one of their stsores,was transported to hospital by EMS, and xray revealed I had broken my arm. Store never called me to see what kind of..."
- "All website, email, and Appliance Deliver Terms and Conditions data clearly states delivery and haul away of old appliance are included in the delivery package. False. I ordered a dishwasher,..."
- "I ordered from this company because it's hard to find a petite size wig that's not a pixie cut. I was excited when it finally came so I could try..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "Went to look for a new vehicle and ran into a violent registered sex offender as the car salesman. After such I made it known that I was displeased with..."
- "You might feel vulnerable when the salesperson attempts to switch your service over but beware. I've had them for a year and it was a huge mistake. The constantly screw..."
- "Yesterday I visited ulta hair salon because I had heard good things about it. Keep in mind that my hair was never dyed before and I wanted to have a..."