Just want to let everybody know my recent experience with Best Buy purchase. Hoping it will stop most people to shop there.

My experience is like a horror story. I purchased for my disabled mom with severe heart condition a compact washer and gas dryer unit on line, but actually calling by phone. The customer service person did not know much about the unit, so I asked if it needs any accessories to connect the unit and then she remember and named one. Then she gave me an apt.

to be delivered 3 weeks later. Finally the day came around for delivery. But when delivery team found out that the unit needs gas connection they informed my mom that they are not licensed to do that and left with the unit. After spending an hour on the phone with best buy I was told that because it's a gas dryer they have to hire a different team and the person who took the order didn't know it was gas dryer.

Can you understand that? She took the order for gas dryer, but she didn't know it was gas dryer. Now I had to make another apt. and wait 5 more days.

I called again best buy to confirm the order delivery and sales person informed me that I need 2 more accessories to buy for gas dryer, otherwise they couldn't connect the dryer. I asked to talk to supervisor and now because it's an additional order and to make sure it will arrive together I was told to make apt 7 days later and there definitely will be a gas connecting team. The day of delivery my mom was told again that they are not licensed to connect gas dryer and they did not have all accessories to connect any way and they left again with the unit. One hour later the accessories arrived from best buy and the team felt bad for my mom decided to disconnect the old unit to get ready when the new unit will arrive and left.

Had to call again best buy and after 1 hour conversation had another delivery date 5 days later. Same day after the accessories delivery guy left at 1.30am I get a call from my mom who barely can walk telling me that she heard a pop a she hears water *** noise behind washer and she doesn't know what to do. I got in the car with my husband and drove at 2am to mom's house. 20 min each way.

When we got there and went to the basement the water was pouring down from above the ceiling right where the old unit was disconnected. The water was never shut down. Now we have basement full of water, thank god it's not finished basement. At 3.30am we got home.

Finally the day of delivery came around again and nobody showed up. I called best buy again asked to speak to supervisor and insist to re deliver same day, but was told can't do it and then got disconected. After 2 hours on the phone I was told that they tried to call, there was no answer and they left. I asked why nobody tried the door bell?

No answer to that. Now for the fourth time it was delivered today. And now I have to hire someone to connect the unit, because the delivery team still was not licensed to do so. My mom went through so much stress with this arangment.

Do you think I will buy from them again? I don't think so

Comments

CALLED BEST BUY TO FIX MY RECIEVER GEEKS CAME TOLD ME THE RECIVER WAS GONE THEY SAID $100 TO TELL U WHATS WRONG AND $200 TO FIX I PAID 200 FOR HIM TO TELL ME WHATS WRONG CANT BE FIXED STILL ON HOLD WITH THE STORE FOR 1 HOUR DONT USE THE GEEKS

worst buy strikes again "Article by: Adam Belz and Steve Alexander

Star Tribune

February 27, 2014 - 5:18 AM

Best Buy Co. Inc.

apparently told about 2,000 managers around the United States on Wednesday that they were being laid off, a move that would be the company’s biggest job reduction since July 2012 as it continues to cut costs following a weaker-than-expected holiday season.

The layoffs will affect about 1.4 percent of Best Buy’s 145,000-person workforce, the Star Tribune learned.

The news came a day before the company’s scheduled announcement of fiscal fourth-quarter results. The Richfield-based electronics retailer is expected to report a profit of about $1 per share, a reversal from a loss of $1.21 a share a year earlier."

PimpdaddyBlueschuck

Sounds awful :(

Are none of the best buy delivery employees licensed to install gas appliances? You'd think they'd mention that when the customer goes to pay extra for delivery and installation of any gas appliance.

I hope everything works out for you and your mom :)

You should probably just hire a laundry service as she will be dead soon, then you have to move the washer again. What a pain in the butt.

Best Buy Reviews