Spring, Texas
3.8

If you're thinking about purchasing with Best Buy's online shopping, don't! I recently placed an online order only to receive a message that there was a glitch in their system.

Well this "glitch" caused my credit card and my gift card to be charged while no order was created. Now I have to wait "x" number of days for my gift card to be refunded. The bank was able to clear the charge of my credit card thankfully. They aren't even able to let me know when I'll receive the funds back on to my gift card.

I've been getting different answers all week! I've spent at least 5 hours on the phone with different representatives. I googled "best buy ghost order" and so many forums pop up with others experiencing the same situation! Even someone who ordered with one of their agents over the phone!!

Don't waste your time. Order somewhere else!

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Gift Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I also have a $1000 ghost order that has been taken from my checking account without any authorization. I have to wait 3-5 days to get my money back.

I don't know how they can get away with this. I think they are stealing and the police should be involved.

How is this same issue still happening over a year later?? I just was screwed out of > $1000 over two gift cards while trying to order a fridge. The fact that this exact error ("Sorry there was a glitch, try to resubmit payment information") is happening with gift cards for SO long makes one think it's an intentional money grab to help keep their flailing stock afloat!

This is happening to me too. Customer representative transferred all over.

Bestbuy phone will disconnect on me. I have to repeatedly call in, navigate the computerize system, and wait to talk to someone, just to be disconnected again.

Bestbuy charged me 16 times and took all my gift card balance, and I don't even have an order number.

A 3 year old, would say to Bestbuy, "It's not nice to take people's money and not give them something."

Seems ripe for a class action lawsuit to me.

2-4-6-8. Find a tort and litigate!

Best Buy Reviews