1.3
Best Buy - Deal Review from Snellville, Georgia
I just had the most awful customer service interaction with A customer service representative on the phone. I purchased a Apple Watch for a family member for Christmas. I was expecting the package today after calling UPS I found out that the package was not picked...
Service
Best Buy Deal
Reason of review
Problem with delivery
Appliance Delivery False-Advertising Scam - Best Buy review
All website, email, and Appliance Deliver Terms and Conditions data clearly states delivery and haul away of old appliance are included in the delivery package. False. I ordered a dishwasher, did not choose to buy the installation package because no where does it state...

See on the top right, where it says removal and installation of all appliances EXCEPT THOSE INDICATED BELOW REQUIRING A SPECIALTY INSTALLATION TO BE CONNECTED...guess what...DISHWASHERS ARE PART OF THEM

Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Appliance delivery scam
Cockroaches in dishwasher - Best Buy review
I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA. It was on a clearance sale and was $499. I waited a few days and then picked it up from the store (it had to come from the wharehouse). I installed the dishwasher and it worked fine....

Dear Pissed Consumer, It's a little late. But we need to band together.

Same thing happened to my dishwasher. Bought in January 2018 and died in August 2018. Turns out cockroaches were swarming inside the control panel. Repair person said it was not covered under warranty.

But I wonder: Is this a design flaw that cockroaches are swarming in Samsung control panels? I mean why?

There should not be food crumbs inside the control panel. In fact, why is it not sealed?

Featured

BEST BUY LIES!

BEST BUY LIES!
Called Store Spoke to Geek SQUAD Adviced him I purchased A TV on 02/03/2012 today was 03/17/2012 sound wasnt working on tv less than 2 months old. Was told to bring it in for a refund exchange spoke with agent JC.. Even Told Me They Could Do a Over Ride. Well Stephanie Comes Out The Low end Manager and says its past 30 return.. Sorry... I asked For A STORE MANAGER SHE TOLD ME HE WASNT WORKING TODAY... Walked OFF FOUND THE STORE MANAGER 2 MINUTES LATER!!!!!! SHE LIED TO A CUSTOMER@!!!!! IRRATED THIS IS THE SECOND PURCHASE IVE BEEN BURNED ON... SEE YOU IN COURT BEST BUY!!! :) BURN ME ONCE SHAME ON ME BURN ME TWICE SHAME ON YOU...
Tom

For those of you who don't understand...Best Buy has a 30 day return period on TVs, even if you purchased it online, you can return it to the store. If it's PAST 30 days, then it falls within whatever the manufacturer's warranty states for service.

In this case, that warranty is 2 YEARS. The important words to remember are DEFECTS IN MANUFACTURER'S WORKMANSHIP. Those four little words are very important! That means, that if your TV fails for whatever the covered reason, that's what THEY have to cover.

If your dog chewed through the cable, you spilled your wine on top, you dropped it, Billy cracked the screen with a bat...those things ARE NOT covered! But, anything having to do with what is reasonably expected with the operation of the TV is covered by warranty! A price match has nothing to do with it...having another one in stock has nothing to do with it! From your date of purchase (or, from the date you physically too delivery, if it's an item that had to be delivered) that unit is covered for 365 days (times two, for this one!) under the terms of that warranty!

Now, should you decide to purchase any additional warranties (Geek Squad Plans), it may augment or cover certain other issues not covered by the manufacturer's warranty (power surge issues, etc), but it can NOT precede nor supersede that manufacturer's warranty!

Now, in THIS particular case, had this customer kept his head about him, the store (at it's discretion) CAN choose to a) replace the unit, outright...b) exchange the defective unit for another of the same make/model...c) allow the customer to upgrade into a better/perception or not OR different set altogether!

You can believe me or not, but I worked for Best Buy (on their sales floor, in multiple departments, in multiple stores, in multiple states) for twenty years, so I think I'm pretty qualified to know what I'm talking about. And as far as the "I WAS LIED TO" defense goes? MEH!

Store Managers have a lot of things on their plates, and they have assistant managers and department managers to handle the issues in their departments.

For any customer to actually be able to corner one of these rare birds at any given time is EXTREMELY rare...and, usually, they are going to ask the department manager's for their input, anyway!

Still...I'd be interested to know how it all worked out for you.

You would know where to go to find knee pads that are on sale wouldn't you, Dustinwayne?

You do realize that best buy does not make the products that are for sell in their store right? Your Samsung or Sony TV doesn't say Best Buy, it has the name of the manufacturer on it.

That's why products have a 1 year manufacturers warranty and additional warranties are offered at the time of purchase. To the other comments on here.... REALLY? Are you fu#&king kidding me????

Contacting the attorney general and consumer rights protection over something so ***. What would they protect you from? Having common sense? It's an epidemic of stupidity on here.

That is the very definition of a frivolous law suit. Good luck.

I hope you win your case against this unethical company. They could only be describes as dishonest.They tell you one thing and when its time to honor the agreement they fine the fine print.

I hope they go out of business soon.

i will be happy to see them close. WORSTBUY

Patrick

this Dustin guy is a complete ***. he'll take Best Buy to court and forget what's even going on.

File complaints with the BBB,FTC and the Attorney General in your state. One of these may be able to help you with the Best Buy problem. I guess best Buy thinks they are above the law.

Have you contact the ATTORNEY GENERAL (Consumer Rigths Proection )?

You may have a rights under the Lemon term

Also Bestbuy has been build a reputation of constantly violating Consumer Rights.

Best Buy must inform you, that any product may have their own guaranty policy ( by brand ),which you are not entiled to buy .

Before asked you to get any warranty offered by Best Buy.

well no duh the tv broke any how it is an insignia the are the worst company look up all the complaints

dustinwayne2010 ,

I hope you do take Best Buy to court and win your $80 - that way you'll only have $1920 to spend in lawyer fees instead of $2000.

Alan C

OP I would love to back you but i can't. Past the 30 day return policy stated everywhere.

What one *** employee says on the phone is irrelevant. You're under mfr warranty and BBY is NOT an authorized repair center for any mfr. Under GS plans, the only thing they do is send products out to a repair facility.

If you sue you will lose hands down. Use the mfr warranty and contact them.

View more comments (16)
Loss
Best Buy: Bait and Switch or Bad Business Practices?
Best Buy advertised a free Xbox 360 with a purchase of a PC. We were so excited as we thought we qualified with our PC purchase. However, there were "changes" to this promotion that they did not post in the PC department or on the Free Xbox 360 display. Dont...

I've worked at Best Buy for eight years, we've always had to give customers prices and deals that are marked and on the floor even if incorrect. Unless it was a "Small print" issue (In the small print it states you only get the deal with certain guidelines and limitations).

If the "Correction Notice" issued by corporate is not next to it you get the price.

I'm not sure why the store would not honor that deal if everything is how you state it happened, I wouldn't want to assume you're fibbing or lying but I also worked at Best Buy too long to believe the customer lol sorry. I'd honestly have contacted corporate.

Best buy / false advertisement about online orders

Best buy / false advertisement about online orders
I placed an online order with best buy after about forty minutes i decided to cancel the order i had placed fro a karaoke machine it looked like a boom box and was too small that's how it appeared online. i was told that i could go online an cancel my order, i had to create a login and password on the best buy website so i went to the website and logged in the system and tried to cancel but the system says no orders under this account,therefore i sent an e-mail to customer service, after that i got on the phone to try and speak with someone before the hour was up but had no such luck i was holding on the phone for 26 minutes by that time the hour had passed. one heather answered the phone i told here i need to cancel the order she looked it up and told me that it was too late to cancel the order because i waited more than the hour time frame i told her if they had answered the phone it would have been within the hour, she said she would have to send an e-mail to another departed to cancel the order i said ok this happened on 12/10/2010. on 12/11/2010 christian called me to tell me that they can't cancel the order and that it was processed and ask her where do she see that at because i'm looking at my account online and i don't see any order i was put on hold again, she came back and said i waited longer than the hour i asked her what time is she showing i ordered the item she said she didn't know so i asked her how can you tell me it was pass the hour if you don't know the time i was put on hold again she finally came back and said i placed the order at 12:07 and i called in at 1:08 i told her if you take away the 26 minutes i called in time but she kept saying she was sorry but that didn't help me i needed my money back. she told me that the order would be shipped between December 17-23 so they have my money but want ship my order off from 7-13 days after they charged my debit card but they say the order has been processed not understanding.christian told me i had two choices one to accept the order when it's delivered and send it back or accept the order and take it into the best buy and get my money, i told christian that is not fair to the customers because we have to wait on the phone for a long time she unfortunately because of the holiday the wait time is longer or you admit that the wait time is long but i finally got to talk to someone a minute after the time allowed and there is nothing to be done, she just kept saying I'm sorry.don't fool with them.

i went to best buy on 12/21/2010 to return the item i purchased on 12/10/2010, the online customer service told me to take the item into the store and they would give me my cash back well they didn't. i used my debit card so the money came out of my account as soon as i clicked submit order,now with debit or check after ten days you should get cash back but not at best buy my money want be put back on my card for 3-5 days. i will never again shop in there not even free.

This G

Well you're adorable when you get all internet-angry and sad face. I don't work for Best Buy.

I hate Best Buy. I would LOVE to see anyone put them out of business, seriously. If Walmart weren't such a terrible company, I'd want them to put BBY out of business.

I did have an answer: Be a more responsible shopper next time.

I.E. call your card provider and let them know of a false transaction so you don't get charged

deborah b

to the guy that think he has all the smarts,for sure you work for best buy an is a kisser for the company. i wrote it the way it was told, and if you didn't have an answer it best not to say anything at all, i have a right to return anything that my hard earned money bought if i don't want it.

and by the way best buy employee take your head out your uppity ???????? have a good day or whatever you want to have.

This G

From the way you write, you sound like a 12 year old, which would make the scenario realistic because only a 12 year old would screw this up and blame someone else for it. If you didn't want it, you shouldn't have ordered it.

You waited too long to cancel it and you got stuck with it. Be a more responsible shopper next time.

View more comments (3)