BEST BUY DONT STAND BEHIND PRODUCT

BEST BUY DONT STAND BEHIND PRODUCTS THEY SELL. YOU BY A EXTENDED WARRANTY TO HAVE A SECURE FEELING ABOUT WHAT YOU BUY AND BEST BUY GIVES YOU THE RUN AROUND AND WONT REPLACE A BAD PRODUCT. ILL NOT SHOP AT BEST BUY EVER AND WILL TELL EVERY BODY I CAN NOT TO EVER GO TO BEST BUY YOU CALL BEST BUY AND THEY SAY THEY WOULD RATHER BE SLAMMED BY THERE CUSTOMERS THAN FIX A SIMPLE PROBLEM LIKE JUST REPLACE THE BAD PRODUCT BEST BUY IS THE WORST STORE I HAVE EVER BEEN IN AS FAR AS TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMER I WILL NEVER SHOP THERE AGAIN

Why should Best Buy (or any other retailer) replace or repair your products after the warranty period?

There is a difference between good customer service, and poor business decisions.

It's really funny when customers blame their problems on the retailer. Best Buy does everything they can - Honoring manufacturer warranties, and offering extended coverage.

Best Buy is not the manufacturer. If your product breaks a day outside the warranty, blame the people that made it, and offered terrible coverage.

Or, you can simply realize that products are not made to last, they are simply made to function for a certain period of time. Sony (or any other company) has no reason to make a product that will last forever. They want it to break, and they want you to buy more.

Best Buy is not evil. They are simply a For-Profit organization that refuses to "bend over" for *** consumers.

Everett

Service plans are worth their weight in gold...on the right products. 9/10 manufacturer's warranty is only 1 year (THEIR choice, NOT OURS).

And it covers THEIR defects only. Not accidental damage of any type. It pretty much only covers it if you plug it in and there's no power. Most times they're useless.

If you bought a $4,000 TV and decided "no-service-plan" and the TV quits in year 2, there's no one to blame but yourself. We live in a consumer culture. I had one customer buy a front-load washer and the control board died 4 times in 3 years. It cost $175 per board and $80 to send repairman to house (once to diagnose, once to replace) EACH TIME.

He had our warranty, no cost to him, the 4th time, he got a new washer, works great now, no issues. Nothing is built to last anymore, because they make more money on repairs and parts or even, a new one. If someone offers to cover that item beyond the one year and you don't take it on a high-end item, you're crazy. You're just asking for the thing to die so you can buy a new one.

Some people are comfortable with that. Service plans are very useful if you read the literature and become informed about the steps (not hoops). Maybe it's not worth it on a $200 TV or $400 laptop, but it's not the store's fault if it dies after leaving our hands.

We don't build them, we don't run manufacturer's quality control, we don't test them (except for displays). Take advantage of what they offer if it's a large financial investment for you.

tom made a mistake.....he's a best buy employee.....that's his first mistake. i have to agree with tomsfriend about the "service plans".

Now you know why my caps lock key is the most underused thing on my computer. And, thank you Mr. Perfect, for magnifying my one-letter error...it really helps the conversation.

However, if there IS one thing we can agree upon, it's that disservice sometimes comes at the expense OF service, once a problem is discovered. And that's not something owned solely by Best Buy or "Big Box" retail in general, but by anyone who offers alternative servicing options to their customers.

Many times, a manufacturer's warranty gets overlooked at the service counter. Even though the have come to cover LESS in a smaller time span, they are not totally worthLESS when it comes to electronics and modern appliances. The real trick can be for customers to SHOP with these things in mind. Many will rely upon their sales person to know what is and is not covered, and alert them of any potential hazards they might be seeing in the future.

At Best Buy, it seems, we can always count on them to present us with the alternative of an extended service, therefore, jogging our brain into that "the producer SURELY must be covering this for some amount of time without me having to pay" self-preservation mode.

At the services counter, or when calling for in-home service, it seems that sometimes their own plan is all they understand.

Tom, can you direct me to "Time Square"? I've been to Times Square before; perhaps that's what you meant while bashing the original poster for being ***?

I for one cannot stand the fact that places like Best Buy frequently use the "extended service plan" as their excuse for providing poor customer service. If you don't have the plan, they'll do anything they can to make a problem "your problem" saying you'd be covered and life would be grand if only you bought the plan. If you do buy the plan, you've got to jump through hoops trying to get your item repaired so it works as promised, and sometimes even that doesn't happen.

Good old fashioned customer service seems to have died off at the "big box stores".

THANK YOU FOR TAKING UP ALL THIS SPACE AND USING YOUR CAPS TO SAY ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I HAVE GOTTEN MORE BENEFICIAL INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE FROM A WALMART STOCK BOY THAN YOUR *** AND ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS POST!

WHY DON'T YOU JUST WALK THROUGH TIME SQUARE WITH A "KICK ME" SIGN ON YOUR BACK! I AM CERTAIN BEST BUY THANKS YOU FOR NEVER DARKENING THEIR DOOR EVER AGAIN!

View more comments (5)
Loss
Two years ago I took my Gateway desktop back to Best Buy for the third time for repairs. The computer simply would not boot. I am an IT major in college so I tried all of the tricks that I could conjure up. Never really crossed my mind to just check the motherboard. I...

Just bought a brand new $1100.00 computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers - I had a printer so didn't buy that. So the very nice Geek Squad man comes out, transfers data from my old computer (he said motherboard was fried)but hard drive was good.

Not until he left, did I notice that he had not hooked up the printer. I still like this particular guy, but can't understand what I thought was just an oversight. Have called him and texted him innumerable times without comment. Called the store and spoke to an older gent who said they cannot "assume" I want my printer set up unless I specifically ask them to do so.

Is this nuts or what? I asked him that shouldn't the installer at least ASK if I wanted it hooked up since when he arrived, I had a printer that was hooked up and working. I am going to try and do it myself, but this computer is so different than my last one, I wanted an expert to do it.

My point is that it would appear that to get my printer set up by one of their experts, I have to pay some yearly or six-month fee for Geek Squad coverage. Sounds like a scam to me.

View more comments

Best Buy and Geek Squad

I purchased a car stereo from Best Buy online and waited 90 minutes for Geek Squad to install it only to find out that they did not have all the parts to complete the job. I was then referred to another locations who did not have the parts either. Fortunutely I called the next location instead of wasting my time. I then called the Best Buy consumer relations department to file a complaint and to see if the needed radio harness was available in the metro area. It was not and the only solution suggested by the respresentative was that I see if another business could install the radio... da heck with Best Bunglers and Geek Squad

used Geek Squad to replace my lamp assembly and they sent it to a third party to have it fixed and charged me $$150 to pick up set and a additional $400.00 for parts and labor. When I called Best Buy they offered me a $50 gift card for my troubles. I will never use Geek Squad again to repair a tv.

Best Buy LIES!

We purchased a frig and 5 year extended warranty from Best Buy in 2001- it had a defect and it was replaced with an LG. We were told the extended warranty continued to the LG. The LG was a lemon and required constant service and should have been replaced under the lemon law (was serviced at least a half dozen times). LIE #1 Best Buy serviced it for 18 months and then I was denied service stating the extended warranty did NOT cover the replacement. I fought Best Buy and even LG for 3 years and finally filed a complaint to Consumer Affairs. I swore I would never deal with Best Buy again. LIE #2 Best Buy responded to Consumer Affairs and stated they honored the terms of the extended warranty. I called the person at Best Buy who wrote the response letter to Consumer Affairs and gave him my phone logs of every call to Best Buy for service, and told him I was denied service less than 3 years into the original warranty. Best Buy gave me a Gift Card for the cost of the frig, but would not give me a check. I tried to sell the Gift Card for it's value without success. So we went to Best Buy and picked a frig and financed the balance through BB credit. It was an "Open Box", and the french doors were not aligned properly. The salesperson told us that the offset doors was a leveling issue and would be fixed by the installers. LIE #3 When the frig was delivered, the installers said there was nothing they could do about the mis-aligned doors. The french doors didn't work in our kitchen as we have a wall on the right side, preventing it from opening all the way. I researched online for replacements and we went back to Best Buy with five different models selected. Best Buy was unable to get any of them even though they carried other models by the same manufacturer. The only other model they carried was LG which we did not want after the last purchase. I asked our salesperson (Brad) if Best Buy was unable to get a frig of our choice and in light of our use of a Gift Card, how would a refund be handled? The employee told me that a "refund check" would be mailed to us within TWO DAYS of the return of the frig. Not taking any chances, I called Best Buy the next day and spoke to a different salesperson (Jose) for a "second opinion" since I didn't trust Best Buy any longer. I described our use of a Gift Card in the purchase and asked specifically about how the refund would be given back to me. Jose told me that a "refund check" would be issued TWO DAYS after the return of the frig. I figured with two identical statements, it would be safe to purchase our frig from another vendor. I scheduled our new frig to be delivered on July 23rd. I scheduled our Best Buy frig to be picked up on the 24th. I called Best Buy credit and informed them of the pick up and the time frame given by Best Buy for a credit. LIE #4 Today is August 7th (2 weeks later) and no refund check and no credit issued to the credit card company. I called Best Buy and asked Brad the salesperson where is my check and credit. He said he had been real busy, there were computer issues, yada yada. He said he would get to it today and get the "Gift Card" issued. LIE #5 I reminded him of what he told me as well as Jose. He said he didn't know if that was possible and put me on hold, but didn't come back on. I called back and spoke with the store manager, Mike Solomon, who said a gift card refund is "store policy" regardless of what I was told. I called Best Buy Corporate Customer Relations and spoke to Jean & Dana, who said "sorry, pay with a gift card, get a gift card back. The card doesn't have any value so we can't issue you a check". Strangely, it had value when we purchased. I filed another complaint with Consumer Affairs. I will again try to sell the Gift Card at less than face value and try to take Best Buy to court for whatever I was shorted. So now I have a bill for another frig and a Best Buy Gift Card that I will NEVER use. I'm done with Best Buy. I'm tired of their lies.
Service
Best Buy Deal

BEST BUY Took hardrive and destroyed information

Bought a PC from BEST BUY, when the PC failed to work I brought the defective PC to Best Buy (which was still under warranty) The GEEK sqaud (what a joke) kept it for a week, running tests, problem (according to their Geek squad) was NOT hardrive, sent PC to Best Buy repair facility to be repaired (don't do repairs in house), Best Buy store put on my paperwork NO NEED TO BACKUP AS IT WASN'T A HARD DRIVE ISSUE. When The Best Buy repair facility received it they said it was the hardrive and replace with new one, without calling me before it was done. When I tried to retrieve my information, was told it would cost me $350 to $1500. I lost my mothers pictures from her funeral (irreplaceable) because I did not have the money to get my data back. If I had known that I needed a backup I would have done it, but the BB store told me no need. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PC FROM BEST BUY

If there's one thing I have learned, it's that you ALWAYS need a back up. Especially when sending a computer in for any type of repair.

But, also a good idea to have one around just in case the hard drive happens to fail (which can even happen in the first 2-3 months of buying it new).

Sorry to hear you lost your pictures. :sigh

Screwed by Geeks! | Best Buy review from Cumming, Georgia

My computer stopped working. I spent over $300.00 at Best Buys and still my computer would not connect to internet. The Geek who serviced my computer withheld very basic information that could have saved me a lot of money.(things I could have done myself like INSTALL my OWN CD) They wanted me to return for a NIC card (which I did not need) which would have cost another $100.+ with the installation. I chose to go to a private business and it was repaired that afternoon. I will NEVER give Best Buy any more money. The GEEKS suck!!!!!
Review
#120309 Review #120309 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Best Buy Installation

Best Buy warranty? At their convenience.

I bought a 42" Pioneer plasma TV from "Best?" Buy in July 2007. The TV was over $2000. I was told by the sales rep that Pioneer was the best TV they had. Within 2 months of having the TV, an image was burned into the bottom of the screen. The TV was not paused. The image was burned during a commercial. When the technician arrived, he stated that the image would simply go away. Of course it did not. Fast forward to February. While watching TV, the power cut out, and I could not get it to turn back on. I called both "Best?" Buy and Pioneer. Pioneer tech support told me that according to the 6 flashing lights, my internal power board was out. I relayed this information to "Best?" Buy. My techinician was scheduled to come out that following Monday. I took a half day off of work so I could let him in. I was told "You will be called between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. and the tech will arrive within 2 hours". At 10:00, after not hearing anything from the tech, I called customer non-service and was told, "they are probably just running behind. I'd give them another hour". I gave them 2 hours, and still no call. So I call back only to be told "our system is down, so we will have to reschedule your appointment." Apparently, "Best?" Buy had no intention of alerting me to their own screw up. Never mind I took off a half day off from work. That's not their problem right? Needless to say I was very upset. I thought surely "Best?" Buy would move their schedule around to accomodate me. After all, it was their error. Wrong. They rescheduled for Friday. God forbid they send someone out on the weekend. No, I'll just have to take another half day. I scheduled a 3:00 to 5:00 window for that Friday. The tech shows up at 6:30. No call to inform me he was running late. After spending almost 2 hours looking at the TV, he informed me that he needed to order a part. It took him 2 hours to figure that out?? I told him I called and told you people what was wrong with it. Why didn't you bring the appropriate equipment???? I then called customer non-service to tell them I was taking the TV in to the store to exchange it. I was told I could not do that. I escalated the issue up to a manager who told me she would follow the order and stay on top of it. This was Friday. As of Wednesday I still had not heard from her, so I called her and she said the part had been ordered, but there was no tracking order so she couldn't tell me when the tech would come back out. I suggested that she go ahead and schedule the tech to come out Friday, and if the part was not in, we would reschedule. This seemed like a perfectly normal request, but of course it was denied. The bottom line is that I will be without TV for 3 weeks, if I'm lucky. I'm probably writing this prematurely anway, as I anticipate further delays. Do not buy from these people. "Best?" Buy is a scam.