Morgantown, WV 26501

I purchased a gaming laptop for my grandson last June. Took the computer in the end of July and was told the store and manufacturer's warranty had expired.

Paid them $150 for them to come back to say the hard drive had failed. Called computer company and was told it was warranted for 15 months and would be covered. Called Best Buy told them just to send to the service dept. in Louisville, KY to be repaired.

Said fine they would do that. Get a call the next day to come get the computer because they can't send it to service center because it's been 13 months. Will not help with anything. They will take you money and be rude to you.

Talked over me when I tried to explain. Not very customer friendly.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Claim.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Best Buy Cons: Horrible rude customer service, No help with problem, Talking over top of me.

Comments

h.kitchener

Shouldn't be a real disaster. You can just buy a new hard drive and re-install everything to the new one---we assume everything was backed up periodically, of course as a precaution for something like this.

I have had two hard drives go south but, as the rest of the machine was fine, I just slipped a new hard drive in, used the mirror image backup and all was okay with the world. This is how you learn about backing up computers.