Verified Reviewer

My opinion of my tech support and total experience dealing with Geek Squad, Smart people taking advantage of not so smart people, anyway purchased protection plan on on June 1st from some agent in Panama, never received complete understanding of costs involve, pay $199 for a protection plan, then got a service tech appointment for the 7th of June, tech came fixed my desktop computer and got me up and running, then I am told would be another $100 for in home service but, because I wasn't told information about fees only charge me $49, about 6 weeks later, 20 July, wifi stops, now I know what to do, called 24/7 tech support, tried for the next two days, spent appx. 6 hours on hold and working with people in India, three different agents and a supervisor who hung up on me and never called me back, the next morning the July 21, I continued to try and get help, the agent I got tells me nothing can be done, must take router/modem back to Best Buy, I questioned that, but was told that's all I can do.

So I call and make an appointment for 4:20 p.m. While biking aound 11 am a message is left on my phone by the store geek squad agent, they can't fix the problem with the router because they have nothing to connect it to. OK I know! so I call back the number and get a message "we don't except phone called" I when call GEEK SQUAD 800 number and cancel the appointment, I am very frustrated and disappeared I contact my internet provider, Comcast, I find out if I rent one of their modem/router, they can fix my wifi problems.

Now I will mention, I bought a new Comcast compatible Netgear modem/router from Best Buy on the 2nd or 3th on June for $150, So I wouldn't have to pay a monthly rental fee to Comcast . So I go to Comcast and get the $14 a month modem/router, get it home about 30 minutes later Comcast has me up and running. Now I will never try to get help from the GEEK SQUAD, who are very polite, but don't really fix tech problems.

The experience I learned as a not so smart person cost me about $400 and $14 a month, at lease I have a protection plan for GEEK SQUAD until 1 June 2022 to make things better. I expect nothing, I'm just a not so smart person.

User's recommendation: Best not to deal with Best Buy Geek Squad.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado