San Francisco, California

WARNING BUYER BEWARE

DO NOT PURCHASE “GEEK SQUAD PROTECTION WITH ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE FROM HANDLING COVERS YOU IN CASE OF ACCIDENTS LIKE DROPS AND SPILLS” This program will not honor in case of a damage.

In June 2014 my Apple MacBook Pro 13” Retina got damaged. I visited the local Best Buy store in San Francisco on Geary BLVD and was told by Geek Squad that he unit was “severe” damaged and that would not covered by the “GEEK SQUAD PROTECTION WITH ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE FROM HANDLING COVERS YOU IN CASE OF ACCIDENTS LIKE DROPS AND SPILLS”

The unit was in a laptop bag which I purchased also at Best Buy. Unfortunately the strap of my bag tore and the unit tumbled down a long staircase onto the street and got bent. Maybe I am misunderstanding the definition of “Protection” “Accidental Damage” ”Like Drops”.

Geek Squad staff said they can refund me the cost of the bag $50 and partial refund on the protection plan $102 since I am an Elite Customer. Serious? That’s an insult after all the money I spent with Best Buy

Since I needed a laptop I purchased the same unit at Best Buy and decided I take it up with the corporate office. I called Best Buy corporate and tried to take this further. The supervisor I spoke to said he will call me back in 1-2 days since he has to get some facts. No one called back for 14 days. After several calls by me and 8 messages eventually I got a call just to be informed “Tuff Luck”, we cannot cover the damage since its "severe" and does damages are not covered.

What is the point paying $349 for the protection if it does not cover an accidental drop which can't be fixed? Seems like a customer scam to me.

Comments

Go to ibreakufix for better service. I have always been satisfied with their service there, and it is less costly.

Did you read the terms and conditions? That isn't an accidental damage.

Not even Apple would cover that. Next time do not throw your laptop.

@The dude

He didn't throw it. If you would of actually read the review, you would know that "the strap of my bag tore and the unit tumbled down a long staircase onto the street".

So no, he did not "throw" it as you claim. Next time, read the *** review!