I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it.So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix.
I was kind of skeptic about this but then I decided to do it anyways. Surprisingly, it was finished in 15 days. When I picked up my "fixed" computer, I was happy because it came with wrapping plastic on the new screen. I thought the warranty was worth its price.
I was wrong. 18 days after having the computer fixed, I took a picture with the FaceTime camera and the color was yellowed-out. Sadly I did not take it in for repairs because I thought it was normal. But after about a month of using it, the screen that they replaced becomes wobbly.
Really wobbly, even as I'm typing this. Keep in mind that I have not touched what's under the hood after they fixed it. So I decided to bring it in for a complain and they said they could not do anything after 30 days. I even showed them the picture of what was wrong with the camera 18 days after it was fixed.
I was just about to yell and scream the top of my lungs to the manager but my friend told me to calm down. I paid almost 2k for this laptop and another 350 for the warranty and now I have to shell out another 200 bucks for some third party company (although it is approved by Apple) to fix the wobbly-ness. The reason is because Apple would not take my laptop after it is fixed by Best Buy. In conclusion, DO NOT TAKE YOUR APPLE, OR EVEN ANY COMPUTER TO BEST BUY BECAUSE THEY WILL MESS IT UP AND BE LIKE "OH I CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT".
*** I paid 350 for the warranty and you can't do anything about it????***....
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Computer Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "On June 30th I had placed an order for a Samsung Refrigerator via bestbuy.com, due to some reasons I had to call the customer service rep to finish my order...."
- "Samsung refrigerator has had 5 service calls and still is broken. It is a $3000 refrigerator that neither company will agree to replace even partial payment. Water..."
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "The hurricane wv (teays valley) store has the greatest employees of all speedways in our area. But i am legally blind. Once a month i get a hot chocolate using..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."