I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it.So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix.
I was kind of skeptic about this but then I decided to do it anyways. Surprisingly, it was finished in 15 days. When I picked up my "fixed" computer, I was happy because it came with wrapping plastic on the new screen. I thought the warranty was worth its price.
I was wrong. 18 days after having the computer fixed, I took a picture with the FaceTime camera and the color was yellowed-out. Sadly I did not take it in for repairs because I thought it was normal. But after about a month of using it, the screen that they replaced becomes wobbly.
Really wobbly, even as I'm typing this. Keep in mind that I have not touched what's under the hood after they fixed it. So I decided to bring it in for a complain and they said they could not do anything after 30 days. I even showed them the picture of what was wrong with the camera 18 days after it was fixed.
I was just about to yell and scream the top of my lungs to the manager but my friend told me to calm down. I paid almost 2k for this laptop and another 350 for the warranty and now I have to shell out another 200 bucks for some third party company (although it is approved by Apple) to fix the wobbly-ness. The reason is because Apple would not take my laptop after it is fixed by Best Buy. In conclusion, DO NOT TAKE YOUR APPLE, OR EVEN ANY COMPUTER TO BEST BUY BECAUSE THEY WILL MESS IT UP AND BE LIKE "OH I CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT".
*** I paid 350 for the warranty and you can't do anything about it????***....
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Computer Repair
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Dell Computer ~ Fraud and Fiction After multiple, and I mean multiple attempts to contact someone at the corporate office in Texas I have yet to see signs of life. I..."
- "I had placed an (dell laptop) order 103-1253225-4398657 on Amazon on 1st of october costed me around 62250 INR ($948) and its been 23 days, I have not received my product..."
- "Purchased the unit a month ago. Purchased extended warranty. While viewing my favorite program the unit popped loudly. Powered down waited a few minutes. Powered back on larger rainbow lines...."
- "1990 Chickasha Dr. Pfafftown, NC 27040 October 27, 2016 Patient Relations Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston-Salem, NC 27157 To Whom It May Concern: Let me first say that I have almost..."
- "UPS are a bunch of cheap crooks. As you can see by the attached photos. they deliberately trashed my order. Now reading the reviews, I can see that they are..."
- "So i bought 2 Gronk Editions today before work. Halfway through the first one, there was some brown slimy tapeworm looking things on the rim. So i thought i had..."