Ordered brand new laptop at bestbuy.com and rec'd a plain brown (common with refurbished) box. I also ordered a new printer, which arrived in a retail box and was fine.

Before opening, I immediately called to ask if they sent a refurbished laptop when I specifically ordered a NEW one. The CS rep was no help and couldn't tell me. Laptop took minutes to boot up each time and I found the HDD was 23% fragmented! After three defrags, still 5% fragmented.

AV scan was only at 3% after 12 hours. Obviously, a defective product that was probably refurbished, not new. Sent back within days of receipt and almost a month later, no refund. Everytime I call them, they'll throw out 2-3 days, 15 days and 30 days as their refund policy.

I've filed complaints at paypal and bbb.org. I have never had a company refuse to refund.

Next time I'll go to Amazon. They have always refunded the same day of receipt.

Product or Service Mentioned: Laptop.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Best Buy Pros: Ease of purchase.

Best Buy Cons: Bait-and-switch tactics.

Comments

h.kitchener

Best to always pay by credit card, not Paypal or worse debit card. You might want to verify that you didn't misread or neglect to see that it was refurbished.