Poor customer service and online ordering. | Best Buy in Ocala, Florida

Purchased a product online that is only sold online and was sent the wrong item. I had to go to the store to exchange it as I was told by the CSR over the phone. When I got there Brandon, the CSR saw me standing in line and went to the back after waiting on the customer in front of me. He was back there almost ten minutes. By the time he re emerged there were four people behind me in line. He comes out, walks to the register and asks if anyone has any returns/exchanges. Instead of asking me if he can assist me, since I was the next person in line. He was very rude and unprofessional. I ended up making a blank trip because he refused to exchange the purchase and told me I have to send return the item myself. I am not sure if he even knew what I was talking about. He glanced over my order receipt and threw down on the counter. I advised him that I was told to bring the item to the store and have them ship it back. He still refused. I called back to the 888 # once I got home only to be told by another rep that she would resend the correct order with a return label. I called back to the store to speak with a manager who was too busy with another customer to get on the phone. No one at Best Buy.com/store is on the same page. I will not do business with them again.

NO CONTROLLING THE MESSAGE HERE. BEST BUY FACEBOOK WILL JUST delete all your comments they are controlling the message

Antonya
@suxs

Thanks, suxs for the information.

Your story is typical of Best Buy's lack of customer service. There are other online shopping companies that are more reliable AND customer friendly.

There is no point complaining to Best Buy's corporate office as they are well aware of the customer service problem and do not really care.

The Dec 2012 issue of

CONSUMER REPORT rated retailers on page 25. Best Buy was at the bottom.

Antonya
@JohnT

Thank you JohnT for the information.

View more comments (3)