State: Florida City: Melbourne Clear all filters (1 of 3257 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:

Resolved: Best Buy review in Melbourne, Florida: Fraud and deception on BestBuy.com

Update by user Aug 16, 2016

When I originally typed my review I forgot to state that a full refund for the

internet security software was initially given on August 8th, promptly followed by the recharge, also dated August 8th.

Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2016

I ordered a Dell Inspirion laptop from BestBuy.com on August 8th that was supposed to come with free internet security software. I cancelled my order within ten minutes and although the price of the computer was correctly refunded, I soon discovered that I had been charged for the supposedly free software! According to customer DIS-service the software is a separate purchase through Geek Squad, and this purchase is showing as active. As if THAT wasn't deceptive enough, that same amount was promptly recharged back to my account! No where in the fine print on the product page or final checkout was I notified about any charges for cancelled orders, and then the outrageous second charge! I have spoken to customer disservice twice and keep getting the runaround about how soon I can expect a PROPER refund, so I have disputed the charge with my bank and am also going to write a nasty gram to Best Buy corporate.
Resolved
Review
Product
Dell Inspiron I3452-1000blk Laptop
Cons
  • Lies and lack of written communication
  • False information on website
Reason of review