Best Buy - Customer Care Review from Melbourne, Florida

1.2
Stood 45 min in line where I dropped of my computer laptop 5 days ago. I have a bad leg...Was told I have to make a appointment to ask that ?.... In other words suffer in line some more ....And maybe will tell you what's going on.... How do you stay in business treating people like this
Service
Best Buy Customer Care
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Resolved: Fraud and deception on BestBuy.com | Best Buy review from Melbourne, Florida

Update by user Aug 16, 2016

When I originally typed my review I forgot to state that a full refund for the

internet security software was initially given on August 8th, promptly followed by the recharge, also dated August 8th.

Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2016

I ordered a Dell Inspirion laptop from BestBuy.com on August 8th that was supposed to come with free internet security software. I cancelled my order within ten minutes and although the price of the computer was correctly refunded, I soon discovered that I had been charged for the supposedly free software! According to customer DIS-service the software is a separate purchase through Geek Squad, and this purchase is showing as active. As if THAT wasn't deceptive enough, that same amount was promptly recharged back to my account! No where in the fine print on the product page or final checkout was I notified about any charges for cancelled orders, and then the outrageous second charge! I have spoken to customer disservice twice and keep getting the runaround about how soon I can expect a PROPER refund, so I have disputed the charge with my bank and am also going to write a nasty gram to Best Buy corporate.
Resolved
Product
Dell Inspiron I3452-1000blk Laptop
Cons
  • False information on website
  • Lies and lack of written communication
Reason of review
Problems with payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • Bad Experience With Best Buy com

Purchased iphone protection. Yeah right! | Best Buy review from Melbourne, Florida

My iPhone screen starting going dark on occasion. I took it to Best Buy and the phone would not act up in front a Geek. Then, my screen was completely dark on my iPhone after 2 weeks and would not come on at all. Best Buy made me wait over 4-days to replace it. I'd like to see any of the geek squad wait a day to be without their life line. I had purchased a protection plan for $14.99 per month believing if my phones breaks or something else happened that I would be covered for replacement. This is what the sales associate sold me on at that time. This protection plan is a total waste of money and a scam, because Best Buy doesn't give highlights such as you'll be waiting for days without a phone if something happens to it, or that you'll need to come back in the store until you can prove something is wrong with it, even though intermittent problems occur often. Beware of this scam! I wouldn't recommend this program to an enemy and I will never do business with Best Buy ever again!

Have you every tried using your carrier's "protection plan"? they make you wait up to 10 days if you don't want to pay for overnight shipping.

Best Buy has the best protection plan on the market (even with their deductible) Best buy allows you to order a replacement charger once for free as long as you have their protection plan.

I agree having to wait 4 days sucks but otherwise their protection plan is the best on the market.

Review
#521914 Review #521914 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Contact Best Buy Customer Service