I called for help starting at 1:30pm EST and was still trying to get help at 10:00PM when I finally got a supervisor. Issue is Still NOT Resolved. 1.first call - gentleman in business, transferred me to Niki, whom transferred me to Rachel and we got disconnected.2....
Review
#720517 Review #720517 is a subjective opinion of poster.
No Ownership to Fix Online Orders that get cancelled for no reason
Tags
  • Best Buy Customer Service Nightmar

Resolved: Mistakes-Errors-Excuses | Best Buy review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2.6
Awful Customer ServiceStarStarStarEmpty StarEmpty StarBy captainamerica21442 - 04/28/2015FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA -- On several and I mean several occasions- I have attempted to buy things on line- when I get to the check out page-the computer always glitches-error occurs and the sale or buy disappears. I have complained- and in so the Executive Department has called- we have discussed the matter and things always were resolved sometimes in days sometimes in weeks. In store experiences are as bad- their price match practices are awful. You call Best Buy-1 800 #- they tell you to print out ad-and go to store. You spend time/money/gas arrive and are told no can't do it?? So why did they send you there to begin with. If you order on line via a live person- you wait-then you call only to find out-that the order was never processed by that person- no order #-no confirmation-and you look like a fool-since your out a product you have waited for weeks. As a patron for over the last 7 years- I am amazed that in the last 18 months- my experiences have been awful- and the only way to get any satisfaction-is to contact the Executive offices in Minnesota and complain. Folks you work hard for your money- when you order something-you expect to get it- no find out weeks later- there was no order placed-or a computer glitch- or the person you spoke to and did the transaction with did not complete the task. Simply incredible- I guess when you get big- your customer patronage doesn't exist anymore. Only a few companies still care when you speak to Customer Service- they are Amazon- Tiger Direct- and few others. So if you have experienced the above- you know what I am talking about. Good luck with your Best Buy experiences.
Resolved
Review
Cons
  • Glitchy website
  • Failure to deliver order
  • Fighting to get what i ordered
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Tablets-computers-phones- Laptops

Unhappy Several Times | Best Buy review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

2.3
Best Buy- you would figure a good USA company-well I shall attach my e-mails to the CEO of their Company in Minnesota- tell the dialogue speak for itself: I am sending you a response I receive from your customer service department to my e-mail. I have also attached my response again to their excuse # 55 for something pertaining to buying products-whether on line- by phone- and even in person. So as excuses go- after you’ve heard a few it becomes very redundant!!!!!! Hi Leon, Thank you for contacting Best Buy. I'm sorry to hear you are having problems navigating our Best Buy Website. I understand that can be quite frustrating. Let me look into that for you. After researching the issue, it appears that we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our Online Website. It's a site-wide issue and our technicians have already been made aware of it. We assure you our technicians are working full-time to immediately resolve the issue. It would be best if you can contact us directly at 1-800 Best Buy and request to be transferred to our Sales Team Department for they can check the availability of the item and they can place an order for you as well. We appreciate your loyalty as a My Best Buy member. For any other concerns, you may visit our Help Center at www.bestbuy.com Sincerely, Zyle Best Buy Customer Care Original Message Follows: ------------------------ Customer "Contact Us" Form Submission First Name: Leon Last Name: Mauer Phone: (954) 778-2337 E-Mail: captainamerica214@yahoo.com My Best Buy Member ID: 3451956278 Are you Contacting us about an order? no What can we help you with? Customer Experience Subject Customer Experience Detailed Summary This is about trying to place an order or orders- once again- I go on line- find what I want and then the computer freezes up- so I can't place an order- find any products that I want- and your customer service chat people-tell me to contact your ITT Deptartment-and no one does anything-and this goes round and round for about an hour until I finally give up and say screw this- for my money I can buy this same thing at Tiger Direct without all this computer problem-customer service incompetence-and though this has been reported at least a dozen times- no one gives a darn-so I am going to forward this to your corporate offices-again. Amazing how incompetent you folks really are- after 6 e-mails about the same thing- you would think you folks would fix the problem/problems- but apparently that is not the case-so I lose out a $200-$300 deal- and am furious once again. Reply, Reply All or Forward | More Leon Mauer From: Mauer, Leon Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 12:09 AM To: 'hubert.joly@bestbuy.com' Cc: 'brad.anderson@bestbuy.com' Subject: Customer 12th Complaint Of Computer Error- Buying Experiences To Mr Joly- CEO Below please find an e-mail I sent to your firm after spending about 2 hours attempting to find products and finally attempting to buy these products on line. I then went to chat line- no avail. So everytime I try to buy something from your firm- I experience some type of error or lose the sale and the time/money/effort spent makes me wonder whether Best Buy is worth the effort-and I should just resort and buy my products at Amazon or Tiger Direct-where I never experience-computer glitches- when I check out and pay it goes through- not kicks me out a dozen times. If I go to the store – finding someone that knows what I am talking about becomes an ordeal as well- and if I call-it rings for 10-20 minutes-then answered-transferred-and then disconnected. Amazing time and time again this occurs. How many complaints must a person makes before someone takes the initiative an fixes the problems???? Refer to my e-mail: This is about trying to place an order or orders- once again- I go on line- find what I want and then the computer freezes up- so I can't place an order- find any products that I want- and your customer service chat people-tell me to contact your ITT Deptartment-and no one does anything-and this goes round and round for about an hour until I finally give up and say screw this- for my money I can buy this same thing at Tiger Direct without all this computer problem-customer service incompetence-and though this has been reported at least a dozen times- no one gives a darn-so I am going to forward this to your corporate offices-again. Amazing how incompetent you folks really are- after 6 e-mails about the same thing- you would think you folks would fix the problem/problems- but apparently that is not the case-so I lose out a $200-$300 deal- and am furious once again. My account is under captainamerica214@yahoo.com- my e-mail as well. My phone # is 954-778-2337. My comment field-must be pages long- I know Mr. Chase in Executive Resolutions and even the District Director for Broward County Florida. Must I call and write every time I wish to make a buy- lose the deal and made to feel like a second hand person-I am spending my hard earned money-your in business to make a profit-I believe-so what does one have to do to get things right???? Respectfully submitted Mr Leon Mauer
Review
Cons
  • Service
  • Clueless staff-computer issues
  • Billing
Order processing issue
Loss

Store TV displays prevent sound testing | Best Buy review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am shopping for 32" TV and have gone to two BEST BUY stores in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Neither one has their smaller sets functioning where you can turn volume up or down. Most (that have manual controls) are turned up to max, but there is no sound. I suspect this is so consumers can not make an informed decision on the sound quality of a particular set. Obviously, you can not compare one to another, either. This is not accidental. They have the worst TV return policy of any major store (15 days), so this is just one more reason not to buy from them.

Right, Best Buy clearly has an incentive to limit their customers from being able to compare products.... Maybe it's because turning up the volume on every TV is very annoying.

Did you ask them to turn it on? They have the remotes and there's no way to permanently mute a TV.

@BBY Employee

Of course there is.... either don't hook up the audio cable or not having audio fed to that section.... try again

View more comments (1)

Over payment. | Best Buy review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I purchased a refigerator from Best Buy and made a large first payment . The next month I was charged a late fee . They said I did not make the correct monthly payment . I immediately called the credit department for Best Buy and they said I did not make the monthlypayment . I spoke with many people and was not credited the late fee back. I can't believe they would not give me the late fee back . I really think that is wrong and will definately think twice befor I purchase with Best Buy again . They scam people and are not interested after you sign the dotted line.

From what I understood, you made a large first payment and did not make a payment the next month. Your best buy credit card requires you to make at least the minimum payment every month you know.

If you pay at the register, the cashier will hand you a receipt printed saying what you paid, how much, the date and store number, etc. You should take that to the store or call and they should *** the late fee.

If you paid online, there should be a conformation screen after the payment has been submitted. Print it out once or twice and take that up to the store.

If you did neither of these, well shame on you. Then you could have proved when and how much you paid for your bill.

Best Buy more like HSBC or CHASE those are the financing banks take it up with them not Best Buy ***.

If you split the transaction at the register, you did not make a credit card payment.

View more comments (3)

Best Buy-Horrible customer service

Most of us go to Best Buy for the low prices. And if you buy something through Best Buy.com and they have it in stock. Well you are probably o.k. But if there is an issue and you try to resolve it. The customer service for Best Buy is either unresponsive, does not have any answers, or they are rude. This Christmas my family gave me a Best Buy gift card to purchase a new lens for my camera. Before Christmas the lens was in stock and the price was $350. After Christmas the lens is sold out. So I called Best Buy customer service to try and find out when the lens would be in stock, since I have a gift card and I am locked into buying it through Best Buy. Customer service had no idea when the lens would be in stock. So, I went to my local store in Davie, FL and spoke with a manager (her name is Minerva) she was very rude and basically said it was an on-line issue and she could not help me. So then, I sent an e-mail to the CEO of Best Buy,Mr. Dunn, I have yet to receive any type of response. I do not understand how a company that deals in inventory can not know when an item will be in. I am stuck waiting around until the item is in stock. And I have no idea when that will be. It is very frustrating. This is my second issue with Best Buy. And I will never shop at there store again. Especially, when I can go on line to Amazon and purchase the same product for the same price.

Retail managers at the store level rarely have information on when a particular item will arrive. After Christmas most retailer bring in new product, but it does not necessarily arrive right away.

Especially in the current economy they are all wary over overstock. If your family knew you wanted the lens and it was in stock prior to Christmas why didn't they just buy it for you?

I feel your frustration. I wanted fresh eggs.

The F'n chicken didn't know when it was going to produce them. I mean WTF? Don't they know people want eggs? I sent a letter to Foghorn Leghorn to complain about it.

it was a few days later I got a visit from the Chickenhawk who broke both my legs. He told me never to complain about eggs not being in stock again. I will never eat eggs again.

I do NOT want a visit from Elmer Fudd. He packs heat.

Welcome to dealing with Corporate America. We shou

D all be used to this by now.

LMAO. Do you really think the CEO of Best Buy would even give you the time of day?

You have one *** of an ego.

Best Buy isn't obligated to stock an item just for your entitled princess attitude.

Your complaint is completely without merit. You need a reality check.

View more comments (3)